U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 09-28-2007, 01:26 PM

2 posts, read 11,735 times

Advertisements

Hi Y'all ! Relocating to San Diego office but can't afford to live there. Any thoughts on safe neighborhoods to search? I stopped looking in Oceanside because of overwhelming gang activity. Is Escondido any better? I have 3 young children who I want to keep safe and happy.

I may be willing to buy a much smaller home in exchange for safety and good schools. Any thoughts would be much appreciated!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2007, 06:55 PM

841 posts, read 4,674,776 times
There are a few gangs, however there are injunctions also.

Old 09-29-2007, 11:24 AM

223 posts, read 492,945 times
I grew up in escondido, back before they cracked down on the gangs and overall crime.

I still wont live there.

My ideal home would be in carlsbad, in the Calavera's hills neighborhood. Beautiful homes, plenty of schools nearby, and a fantastically low crime area. I think the worst thing they have there is speeding.

Anyways, check that out... My wife and I live in the Shadowridge community in vista/oceanside/carlsbad corners. There's really nice houses here, and a great HS right down the street, but there is an industrial area nearby, so...
Go with Carlsbad if you can afford it (500k-800k), or go shadowridge to compromise.

Old 10-02-2007, 03:14 PM

3 posts, read 14,219 times
Escondido is very nice in the San Pasqual area, but a little pricey. But if you want stay in the apartments called Archstone, they're very safe, we stay here now and we have kids. See how you like Esco, then you decide...theres always Temecula...but if you want to drive 30 more minutes...

Old 10-03-2007, 11:27 PM

37 posts, read 152,164 times
I never thought I would live in Temecula, but here I am. After one month, it's not too bad. Housing is VERY CHEAP by Southern CA standards and I just heard on the news today that test scores from the high schools up here are among the highest in the state. If you have small kids, Temecula is TOTALLY geared to that. We dont have kids, but are actually enjoying the quieter pace and very friendly people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego