Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-29-2007, 04:47 PM

4 posts, read 21,278 times

Advertisements

I'm really writing this for my sister who is in the Navy currently stationed in Virginia Beach but wanting to possibly transfer to San Diego. Her main concern is that she has 2 kids a 7 yr old and an 8 mth old. She lives in a very good school district now and is wondering how the schools are in San Diego. Also a huge issue is that her 7 year old has type 1 diabetes. She was told by another Navy person who just left San Diego and whose daughter also has diabetes that the schools there only have one school nurse for every 4-5 schools. Does anyone know about that? We all know San Diego is expensive but is it more realistic that she can buy a house, have to rent, or is there plenty of housing available? Is there a long waiting list? She will be an O-1E and is single with 2 children. Buying a house might be out of the question. She would rather have a house though because she currently owns her own in Virginia. She will be a nurse and is pretty sure she would be stationed at the main hospital. So, I guess if anyone knows more about that area and its schools or if it would be better to live in a different area please give me any info you have. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2007, 09:21 PM

100 posts, read 563,992 times
Housing starts at 500k for buying a house and this would not be a desirable house overall, the condo market in San Diego seems to be growing a lot as they are building them everywhere (I lived in S.D. the past year) and you can get a condo for as little as 200k in some areas. As for having a large house the price would start around 1 million minimum I think, in order to get a lower price you would have to look pretty far inland at some of the towns that are in eastern San Diego county.

There does seem to be plenty of housing as far as rentals so if you are looking to rent you could probably find a rental that would suit your needs.

Old 09-29-2007, 09:35 PM

1,658 posts, read 7,574,731 times
Some of your questions have been answered.Try looking through some of the posts.

Old 09-30-2007, 11:21 AM

840 posts, read 6,515,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by princessjuju3 View Post
I'm really writing this for my sister who is in the Navy currently stationed in Virginia Beach but wanting to possibly transfer to San Diego. Her main concern is that she has 2 kids a 7 yr old and an 8 mth old. She lives in a very good school district now and is wondering how the schools are in San Diego. Also a huge issue is that her 7 year old has type 1 diabetes. She was told by another Navy person who just left San Diego and whose daughter also has diabetes that the schools there only have one school nurse for every 4-5 schools. Does anyone know about that? We all know San Diego is expensive but is it more realistic that she can buy a house, have to rent, or is there plenty of housing available? Is there a long waiting list? She will be an O-1E and is single with 2 children. Buying a house might be out of the question. She would rather have a house though because she currently owns her own in Virginia. She will be a nurse and is pretty sure she would be stationed at the main hospital. So, I guess if anyone knows more about that area and its schools or if it would be better to live in a different area please give me any info you have. Thanks!
I don't know about schools having one nurse for every 4-5 schools.

If your sister is looking for military housing, I'm sure there's a waiting list.

I'm guessing she'll be stationed at Balboa, which is a nice hospital. There are some very nice areas around there.

Old 10-06-2007, 03:24 PM

4 posts, read 21,278 times
Thanks. I know a nurse for every 4-5 schools sounds weird but that's what she was told by someone who just left San Diego.

Old 10-08-2007, 07:39 PM

111 posts, read 328,062 times
I believe the schools have to have a nurse at the school at all times. I believe they are LVNs (cuz they are cheaper than RNs)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
View detailed profiles of: