Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2012, 07:34 AM

1,331 posts, read 2,334,282 times

Advertisements

The most nerving place to drive in my opinion is along Mission Blvd between Mission Beach and Pacific Beach. You have to constantly watch for people crossing the road.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2012, 08:23 AM

50,241 posts, read 46,997,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradleyyo View Post
The most nerving place to drive in my opinion is along Mission Blvd between Mission Beach and Pacific Beach. You have to constantly watch for people crossing the road.
Linda Vista road, hands down worst.

Old 08-06-2012, 02:35 PM

9,820 posts, read 11,536,738 times
When you think about all the Bad fatality accidents here San Diego there's usually 2 types of people behind the wheel.
Young teenagers drunk street Racing or senior Citizens That should not be behind the wheel!

Old 08-07-2012, 08:54 AM

75 posts, read 107,932 times
Neither do you have the "right of way" when changing lanes on a highway, but if there's space and you signal your intentions, you'd think that a decent driver would let you in. NOPE! What happened to courteous, non-aggressive driving? The abilities of a the average 78 year-old driver may be an issue; however, the fact that many drivers speed up to prevent a lane change or to prevent a parked car from backing out, speaks volumes for the very attitude you express here..."MY RIGHT".

"Just because you can do something doesn't mean you have to be an a$$hole." Wait...I got that quote wrong ;-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteboyslo View Post
1. If you're backing out of a parking space, you DON'T have the right-of-way.

2. If a horn honking freaks you out so much you do something like this, stay home, for all our sakes.

3. Just another example proving that we NEED a maximum age at which, at MINIMUM, people have to retake a driver's test.

Mike

Old 08-07-2012, 10:02 AM

2,698 posts, read 12,167,740 times
Yeah, but too many times I see it go the other way where the driver NOT following right-of-way assumes/DEMANDS the courtesy, to the point where they seem to expect it. My guess is that's what happened here. I rarely see/hear people honk when a vehicle is inching out of a spot due to an obvious visual obstructions (such as a large vehicle parked alongside). It's only when the driver basically starts backing out full-bore with absolutely zero regard to his/her surroundings that the horn blows. Given that Capt Leadfoot here went ahead and proved his (in)ability to control speeds in slow maneuver situations, that's what my money is on.

My $.02 anyway.

Mike

Last edited by whiteboyslo; 08-07-2012 at 11:20 AM..

Old 08-07-2012, 11:14 AM

75 posts, read 107,932 times
You're right...It goes both ways. People back out like bats out of hell or change lanes erratically without signaling probably because they assume nobody will let them in. Still doesn't make it right. Oh well...change starts with one individual. I haven't flipped off anyone all week

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteboyslo View Post
Yeah, but too many times I see it go the other way where the driver NOT following right-of-way assumes/DEMANDS the courtesy, to the point where they seem to expect it. My guess is that's what happened here. I rarely see/hear people honk when a vehicle is inching out of a spot due to an obvious visual obstructions (such as a large vehicle parked alongside). It's only when the driver basically starts backing out full-bore with absolutely zero regard to his/her surroundings that the horn blows. Given that Capt Leadfoot here went ahead and proved his ability to control speeds in slow maneuver situations, that's what my money is on.

My $.02 anyway.

Mike
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego