Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2012, 01:07 PM

17 posts, read 36,745 times

Advertisements

Not all crappy guys are broke, no. Plenty of wealthy douchebags. But you can't really be on par with a guy that isn't pulling his own weight either. I'd rather look for a decent guy that has a little money to burn then someone I'll end up supporting myself. The only connection I could find was that she wasn't hanging out in the right spots. Dive bars aren't the no. 1 spot to picking out future boyfriends, honestly. Been there, done that.

Old 08-24-2012, 01:15 PM

9,820 posts, read 11,536,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lahnnabell View Post
The type of women you find in San Diego depends on where you hang out. Downtown on weekends are full of young, dumb 20-somethings wasting money on high-priced alcohol. PB (Pacific Beach) is the same, only it's more college-age. Incredibly immature drunk people. OB (Ocean Beach) is chock full of hippy, stoner types. La Jolla is the ritzy, beach-side property.

Agreed that if you don't want to get used, don't flaunt your salary or your car. Plenty will take advantage of that, especially since SD can get pretty pricey depending on the lifestyle these women want to maintain.

One thing to know about San Diego is that it is a transient city. Most of the people who live here are not from here. I meet so many people from my home city of Boston. Many immigrants. Mexicans, Filipino, Vietnamese. People from various parts of Northern California. I've only met 2 actual San Diego natives, an ex of mine (who moved to NYC 2 years ago) and my fiancé. Almost everyone else I know intimately is from elsewhere. A lot of people end up down here for school too. So it really depends on what you're looking for in a woman.
That's very true!
San Diego is and will always will be a detestation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oddstray View Post
Ick!

I'm too old now for any of you to be interested. But I do want to say that this entire thread creeps me out. And it would have creeped me out at any age.
Just sayin .
RoflRoflRoflRofl

Old 08-24-2012, 02:44 PM

49 posts, read 151,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oddstray View Post
I'm too old now for any of you to be interested. But I do want to say that this entire thread creeps me out. And it would have creeped me out at any age. I am not, and never have been, OK with the notion of being judged as one in a clump of people. If you can't deal with me as an individual, I'm completely turned off.
Oh please... There's entire magazines dedicated to the subject for women. i.e. Cosmo articles, guys are like this, guys are like that, etc. Also, entire shows like Sex and the City that stereotype guys. I guess know you know how it feels when the shoe is on the other foot.

Back to topic: It does seem like dating wouldn't be too bad over in san Diego. I can't wait to get out of Miami. Women here treat men like ATM machines. I'm really not joking about that. It's quite sad...

Last edited by stevenboyce; 08-24-2012 at 02:52 PM..

Old 08-24-2012, 02:51 PM

13,684 posts, read 7,973,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevenboyce View Post
I'm just wondering how the dating scene in San Diego is for a straight NY male?

If you can afford it move to San Francisco.

SF is a paradise for straight guys who have anything on the ball especially if you like Asian women.

Old 08-29-2012, 04:09 PM

25 posts, read 34,721 times
I'm trying to move to San Diego...just sayin. LOL ;-)

Old 08-29-2012, 05:32 PM

50,242 posts, read 46,997,454 times
You should look into LA, I recently read where it's #1. You should probably move there.

Old 08-31-2012, 09:35 AM

49 posts, read 151,786 times
Is LA's dating scene that different from San Diego? It's only 2 hours away....

Old 08-31-2012, 10:59 AM

6,420 posts, read 11,590,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevenboyce View Post
Is LA's dating scene that different from San Diego? It's only 2 hours away....
It's a world away. Camp Pendleton (thank goodness!) keeps LA/OC from expanding down and engulfing San Diego County.

Old 08-31-2012, 12:09 PM

1,490 posts, read 2,677,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by john3232 View Post
If you can afford it move to San Francisco.

SF is a paradise for straight guys who have anything on the ball especially if you like Asian women.
X2, there's not much competition as far as males go here.

The only nicely dressed and in-shape guys are gay, and you have the tech-geeks who dress like slobs and the hippie population. There's not a lot of just 'regular' dudes.

If you're looking for classically pretty blonde women, they're not here.
Go to San Diego or LA for that.

Old 08-31-2012, 10:04 PM

349 posts, read 990,221 times
The consensus is that SD is a very poor dating scene for men... The sex ratio is not in their favor. Do a search on "man Diego" there are hundreds of threads
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego