Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-12-2013, 03:29 PM

675 posts, read 645,049 times

Advertisements

I know Maureen O'Connor is having some difficulty with life now, but I'm not sure if she is who you speak of. Not sure the specifics on her life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2013, 04:56 PM

4,539 posts, read 12,404,526 times
Mayor Maureen O'Conner's (1985-1992) gambling problem developed after her term as mayor, so in her case, it's a personal issue, not a civic issue.

Old 07-12-2013, 05:28 PM

Location: San Diego via Orange County via Toronto via Rome Italy
390 posts, read 795,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassberto View Post
Is it me or is this guy a bit of a loose cannon? ....

It's just you, Sass. All is well.

Old 07-12-2013, 05:33 PM

1,331 posts, read 2,335,193 times
Ok I didn't know her gambling issues took place after her time as mayor. I was only a toddler when she left office. Thanks for answering my question.

Old 07-12-2013, 06:09 PM

5,291 posts, read 12,739,493 times
Just heard that Filner's Chief of Staff resigned today.....He's toast.

Old 07-12-2013, 06:21 PM

1,331 posts, read 2,335,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdurbanite View Post
Just heard that Filner's Chief of Staff resigned today.....He's toast.
I heard this as well. I think if anyone supports him, it might be political suicide.

Old 07-12-2013, 06:22 PM

5,291 posts, read 12,739,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassberto View Post
Wow, what a trainwreck.

I read the LA Times, and if you read carefully, you will notice an ongoing patter of slight digs about San Diego being provincial, small time, slow to respond, corruption-addled, developer-run, good-ol boy. They're going to have a field day with this guy.
I notice this all the time, especially in the Sports section. It's sorta funny that a big, bad city like LA would have it out against little ole SD. I guess when you can't compete with other world class cities like NYC or London, the next best thing is to pick on the little brother

This article from today is yet another slight dig at SD. The headline alone and first sentence speaks volumes. Could it be because LA wasn't mentioned (Yet again) alongside SD and SF? I guess they're getting tired of messing with SF

San Diego ranks No. 2 on list of world's most inventive cities - latimes.com

Old 07-12-2013, 06:40 PM

4,498 posts, read 9,384,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdurbanite View Post
I notice this all the time, especially in the Sports section. It's sorta funny that a big, bad city like LA would have it out against little ole SD. I guess when you can't compete with other world class cities like NYC or London, the next best thing is to pick on the little brother

This article from today is yet another slight dig at SD. The headline alone and first sentence speaks volumes. Could it be because LA wasn't mentioned (Yet again) alongside SD and SF? I guess they're getting tired of messing with SF

San Diego ranks No. 2 on list of world's most inventive cities - latimes.com
Yeah, I notice this all the time as well. But quite honestly I don't mind it. In many ways I enjoy the smaller town feel to San Diego. Although it's a big city and spread out it really has a smaller town feel to it.

And although I complain about the job market and "sunshine tax" here quite often. In many ways, I'm glad it's not as developed as some of the other cities because the cost of living here would be sky high if it were. It would probably attract a host of other issues and problems.

I will take San Diego any day of the week vs. LA or the Bay Area.

Old 07-12-2013, 07:18 PM

20,834 posts, read 17,102,752 times
Like I said He plays country hardball. He took a pitch to the chin and a well placed pitch at that. He has been pushing big buttons since he was elected. Let's see his play now. I am on his side. He is a human being and I really don't care for the PC drones who feel that human attraction is a negative. Don't flame me, that is the way nature built us.

Old 07-12-2013, 07:50 PM

4,498 posts, read 9,384,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
Like I said He plays country hardball. He took a pitch to the chin and a well placed pitch at that. He has been pushing big buttons since he was elected. Let's see his play now. I am on his side. He is a human being and I really don't care for the PC drones who feel that human attraction is a negative. Don't flame me, that is the way nature built us.
Huh? So you think it's ok to sexually harass women? I'm not flaming you. I'm just curious if you really mean that?

So if your daughter or wife is at work and their boss is constantly sexually harassing them you would be ok with it because of "human attraction"??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego