Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-05-2013, 11:05 PM

4,555 posts, read 3,370,961 times

Advertisements

Look for the Union Label when you elect a sexual predator.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2013, 06:09 AM

20,830 posts, read 16,979,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by earlyretirement View Post
Ha, ha. Yeah. And on the back of the T-shirt don't forget to print, "I voted for Bob Filner and all I got was this lousy T-shirt".

De nada.

Yep. That is an annual estimate. Quite honestly for a career politician that is 70 years old I was surprised this guy doesn't have a higher net worth. Congressmen make some pretty good salaries, and it looks like his properties still have mortgages on them and his investments are nothing to write home about. So, it looks like he was banking on the fact that he would be getting multiple pensions to live off of. It looks like he has been pretty lousy with his investments which don't really surprise me much considering all his other poor decision making abilities.

Well, look at it from another perspective. This guy has NO future political OR professional career left. None, zilch, nada, NOTHING. So he might be looking at it from a perspective of "screw them what do I have to lose". Even if he gets recalled, it will take months and months and months. He can easily ride out the recall process and make it to December and then nearly double his Pension.

So from his perspective, he has no shame, he has NO future in anything and even if he gets recalled he has nothing to lose until riding this thing out until December. From a pension standpoint he will come out ahead waiting this out until December.

Despicable. I hate this guy.
Indict him and it all gets better....fast.

Old 08-06-2013, 10:12 AM

6,418 posts, read 11,547,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
Indict him and it all gets better....fast.
Unfortunately, the charges brought against him are sexual harrassment rather than criminal - such as assault and battery. So an indictment isn't yet on the table.

Old 08-06-2013, 12:39 PM

9,787 posts, read 11,443,293 times
I honestly think sideshow Bob is going to ride this out till election time

Old 08-06-2013, 04:09 PM

7,242 posts, read 7,876,060 times
The city charter was rewritten in the 00's by mayor Murphy who wanted to concentrate power in his own hands and insulate himself from the Democratic majority on the city council. Thus the Republican mayor neglected to write in little things like impeaching the mayor because he didn't ever want to face impeachment (ironically he was later forced to resign in disgrace after getting caught cooking the books and getting kickbacks from campaign donors he outsourced city business to). That's why we got stuck with a rather crappy city charter which makes it extremely difficult to remove a mayor.

That should be an example as to why political parties shouldn't try to rewrite things like city charters for partisan advantage as eventually the other side will win and then you'll be caught in a system of your own design. BTW I really would like to see the city charter rewritten to be more neutral and balanced.

Old 08-06-2013, 06:49 PM

5,291 posts, read 12,693,078 times
I wonder how Bob is doing in rehab? Loser

Old 08-06-2013, 07:55 PM

4,498 posts, read 9,353,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdurbanite View Post
I wonder how Bob is doing in rehab? Loser
Last night I was flipping channels and I heard Jay Leno making fun of him (again). They showed some clip that was making fun of Filner last night.

It said Filner was quoted as saying, "this was a better time then I expected" and then oogling over women.

It's embarrassing having this guy as our Mayor.

Old 08-06-2013, 09:40 PM

6,675 posts, read 4,237,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by earlyretirement View Post
Last night I was flipping channels and I heard Jay Leno making fun of him (again). They showed some clip that was making fun of Filner last night.

It said Filner was quoted as saying, "this was a better time then I expected" and then oogling over women.

It's embarrassing having this guy as our Mayor.
No kidding. What's San Diego known for? Weather? World class zoo? Beaches?

Nope.

Headlock Bob, the mad tongue jammer.

Old 08-07-2013, 12:18 PM

43 posts, read 66,774 times
So he was going after rape victims too and offering only to help a war vet if the woman championing them would "date" him?

Old 08-07-2013, 03:08 PM

20,830 posts, read 16,979,063 times
He is done. Toast. Went after and Nurse AND a a Soldier.

Despicable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego