Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2013, 12:18 AM

5,291 posts, read 12,738,305 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reice03 View Post
You just compared a city to a state.....
And I'll make the same comparison and say that SD trumps all of Florida, too
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2013, 12:26 AM

5,291 posts, read 12,738,305 times
Quote:
So Cal is lucky if the water temp gets anywhere close to 70, Miami mid 70-mid 80 is correct though. I love the beach but i hate cold water i like to just jump right in. Its just my opinion though like i said i like the Carribbean feel of S.Florida and the warm ocean water which is good for scuba diving,snorkeling, jet skiing, fishing, etc since thats what i like to do. The water here in S.D. is just to cold for me overall the Atlantic coast waters is just at least 10 degrees warmer overall all year long.

Atlantic South= US NODC Coastal Water Temperature Guide

Southern Cali= US NODC Coastal Water Temperature Guide
I gotta say the beaches in Florida look much better in pictures than in person. Sure, the water is warm and color is nice, but that's it. I've been to Key West, Miami, Ft. Lauderdale, Tampa and Jax and none of them excite me. I'll take Hawaii's beaches over any of them.

Old 03-07-2013, 02:07 PM

5,294 posts, read 10,208,375 times
Quote:
So Cal is lucky if the water temp gets anywhere close to 70, Miami mid 70-mid 80 is correct though. I love the beach but i hate cold water i like to just jump right in. Its just my opinion though like i said i like the Carribbean feel of S.Florida and the warm ocean water which is good for scuba diving,snorkeling, jet skiing, fishing, etc since thats what i like to do. The water here in S.D. is just to cold for me overall the Atlantic coast waters is just at least 10 degrees warmer overall all year long.

Atlantic South= US NODC Coastal Water Temperature Guide

Southern Cali= US NODC Coastal Water Temperature Guide
This is a big exaggeration. The beaches in SoCal regularly hit the low 70sF (water temperature) in summertime. Of course it isn't as warm as Miami or Honolulu or other such places, but it still gets nice in summer. When it's 85F, you wanna jump in the ocean to cool off. Why, in 90F humid weather, would I jump into 86F? It's not gonna cool you off at all!

Old 03-07-2013, 02:56 PM

73 posts, read 167,472 times
Thats just my preference i hate having to creep into the water because its too cold. I dont know what the hottest month in San Diego is but when i went to the beach in August the water was freezing. Cali is cool but high taxes, cold beaches, drivers that cant drive is more than enough resons for me to leave as soon as i can

Old 03-07-2013, 04:21 PM

8,704 posts, read 11,118,572 times
Quote:
Thats just my preference i hate having to creep into the water because its too cold. I dont know what the hottest month in San Diego is but when i went to the beach in August the water was freezing. Cali is cool but high taxes, cold beaches, drivers that cant drive is more than enough resons for me to leave as soon as i can

The cool water is refreshing and the ocean is just more awe inspiring, plus Miami has the worst drivers in the nation. Its a fact, look it up....

Old 03-07-2013, 09:18 PM

I partially agree on that statement only because i feel Miami ( South Florida ) drivers are aggressive since most migrate from northern states ( Va, MD, NY, NJ, PA, etc ). But my thing with San Diego drivers is its not that they drive agressive because they dont they just drive wreckless. Alot of cutting people off, not looking when making turns, running stop signs, not looking when backing out of parking spots etc. I kinda notice the driving gets better the farther North u go when i went to LA for a week i didnt deal with all the crazy drivers like i do on a daily basis here in SD. Im from the North so agresssive driving is in my blood, it took 3 months in SD for me to get rear ended and plenty of times im honking my horny and wanting to give people the finger

Old 03-07-2013, 09:22 PM

Quote:
I partially agree on that statement only because i feel Miami ( South Florida ) drivers are aggressive since most migrate from northern states ( Va, MD, NY, NJ, PA, etc ). But my thing with San Diego drivers is its not that they drive agressive because they dont they just drive wreckless. Alot of cutting people off, not looking when making turns, running stop signs, not looking when backing out of parking spots etc. I kinda notice the driving gets better the farther North u go when i went to LA for a week i didnt deal with all the crazy drivers like i do on a daily basis here in SD. Im from the North so agresssive driving is in my blood, it took 3 months in SD for me to get rear ended and plenty of times im honking my horny and wanting to give people the finger
You're in San Diego man, you gotta relax....
LAs another story though, you gotta have your game face on.

Old 03-07-2013, 10:22 PM

I cant relax!!!! im from the north lol....so were agressive

Old 03-08-2013, 05:20 AM

Quote:
I cant relax!!!! im from the north lol....so were agressive

You gotta practice saying things like, relax, chill or better yet chillax, put on some Jack Johnson or maybe pick up a used acoustic guitar or ukelele, and head out to the beach. If the waters too cold for ya just chill, strum the guitar, ponder the life of a seagull and watch the day go by....

Old 08-19-2013, 03:20 PM

12 posts, read 28,660 times
Lived in San diego for 16 years, 90s and early 2000s, and let me tell you, it has changed. Truly a paradise then, now overcrowded, very high cost of living, horrible streets (so much for using Tax money for upkeep) and out of control real estate prices yet again. The weather is nice, with the exception of that always annoying Marine layer. Having lived in Miami Beach for the last 4 years, i have to admit, i personally like the weather better there. Dont mind the humidity and people always slightly exaggerate how unbearable the summers are. The winter in South Florida is truly amazing with temps in the high 70s/low 80s. Much better than San Diego imo. Lots of people leaving California overall for places all over the US. Wonder what that means. Anyways, enjoy where ever you are, since there is no perfect place on this planet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego