Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2013, 01:17 PM

5,024 posts, read 7,574,371 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShelbyGirl1 View Post
It's cold and rainy today! WTH????? "THEY" told me it was always warm sunny flipflop weather in Southern "Cali"
It never rains in Southern California!

Albert Hammond - It Never Rains In Southern California - YouTube
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2013, 01:41 PM

9,822 posts, read 11,546,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shmoov_groovzsd View Post
Is San Diego right for me?

I am miserable where I live because I was watching TV (The Real World San Diego), looked around and realized, its not like San Diego. I realized after 18 long years on this planet, the things that are most important to me: I want the warm breeze, sunny skies, tropical climate, to sip pina coladas, learn to surf, walk my dog to the beach and walk to my job. I am so over the stressful life here in XYZ City!!! I HATE the people here and just want a chill life where people dont worry about anything.

I have no money saved, but play ukelele and I was the best greeter in my town at the local sports bar called the Surfing Hut. Everyone there says your'e so different, you should live in California! So it must be fate! I never lived near a beach before and its all I ever dream about.

Jewel is my inspiration and rumors are spreading she lived in her van in San Diego and now is so famous and has local ties to San Diego.

Can I make it there?? I dont know anyone and all of my friends from town on facebook says its SOO expensive there. But I dont want to listen to the naysayers....they always talk about doing the right thing.
Honest answers only please!!!
Best Post so far roflroflroflrofl

Old 03-08-2013, 01:46 PM

4,498 posts, read 9,383,345 times
LOL Shmoov. Classic! Keep them coming. This is turning out to be a really funny thread.

Old 03-08-2013, 01:53 PM

15,408 posts, read 6,196,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassberto View Post
Safe, clean, walkable area, close to the beach and nightlife. I don't want to own a car. I want an artsy community with vegans and close to great schools and shopping. I have 3 pit bulls and run a small engine shop out of my garage. My budget is 600/mo
Maybe someone will invent a time machine back to the 80's. It sounds like you are joking anyways. Artsy, vegan community with 3 pit bulls...I doubt it. Run an engine shop, but no car? It was funny, though!

Old 03-08-2013, 01:56 PM

1,665 posts, read 2,974,862 times
Welp, it looks like the airplane on its way to the airport wasn't the only thing that went over someone's head.

Old 03-08-2013, 02:26 PM

86 posts, read 153,365 times
And then there was this...We made GREAT money when we lived in XXX city. We were making a six-figure salary, had a great house, our kids attended private schools, our two cars were always not more than 4 years old, we traveled around the world, ate at some high-end restaurants....we had a comfortable life.

We even belonged to the best golf club in our area. Life was GREAT until we decided to relocate to San Diego. We were SO in love with this place when we first came, then we noticed about a year living in "paradise" every month our debt and deficit kept widening in comparison with what we bring home, we couldn't afford to buy a home in the area we wanted, private schools are so expensive and over-rated here, and we've realized we shouldn't have relocated in the first place....this place is a money-pit.

My spouse and I are thinking of moving back where we came from or to another city where the cost of living is not so high and we can resume our lifestyle....we're depressed over money, not the happy bubbly couple/family we used to be any more...we're in SO much debt, not sure how we got to this place...San Diego, WE are outta here...for me, I quit this bit*h.

Old 03-08-2013, 02:26 PM

4,630 posts, read 10,274,083 times
I was in your city last week and stayed in the "City" or so you call it...think it was called the "Gaslight" district. Definitely the worst food I ever had! I am from New York, Boston, Philly and DC so I KNOW good food and culture.

I mean, what city doesnt have real bagel shops, slices of pizza or even a hoagie or subs? Instead there are all these places with Puerto Rican names that sell the same stuff Taco Bell has.
Thankfully there was a Buca di Beppo there for some decent authentic Italian food in this hellhole.

On top of that, where is the culture?? I looked around and nothing is Colonial or old looking (always means there is deep rooted culture.)
Educated. wow. Dumbest people EV-ER. I tested my theory by trying to have a conversation about current events with the couple sitting next to me at the hotel lobby bar at the Grande Hyatt and they werent even interested. Where I am from, we talk about it at home, on the bus, in the restaurants and even on the treadmill. Its what we do in CULTURED cities.

Sorry San Diego, you're not all that. Glad to be out

Old 03-08-2013, 02:39 PM

9,822 posts, read 11,546,362 times
Quote:
Safe, clean, walkable area, close to the beach and nightlife. I don't want to own a car. I want an artsy community with vegans and close to great schools and shopping. I have 3 pit bulls and run a small engine shop out of my garage. My budget is 600/mo
I keep coming back to this one and laughing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ2SD View Post
And then there was this...We made GREAT money when we lived in XXX city. We were making a six-figure salary, had a great house, our kids attended private schools, our two cars were always not more than 4 years old, we traveled around the world, ate at some high-end restaurants....we had a comfortable life. We even belonged to the best golf club in our area. Life was GREAT until we decided to relocate to San Diego. We were SO in love with this place when we first came, then we noticed about a year living in "paradise" every month our debt and deficit kept widening in comparison with what we bring home, we couldn't afford to buy a home in the area we wanted, private schools are so expensive and over-rated here, and we've realized we shouldn't have relocated in the first place....this place is a money-pit. My spouse and I are thinking of moving back where we came from or to another city where the cost of living is not so high and we can resume our lifestyle....we're depressed over money, not the happy bubbles we used to be any more...we're in SO much debt, not sure how we got to this place...San Diego - WE are outta here...I quit this bit*h.
I think we have a contenedor
I can't call how many threads ive seen like this.

Old 03-08-2013, 02:55 PM

371 posts, read 637,439 times
Quote:
I love this one. Don't forget the neighbors all have to be liberal/conservative like the poster because he or she somehow made it to adulthood without learning how to hold a conversation that doesn't involve politics, and he or she can't imagine living in a neighborhood where people might have different views.

(I have to admit I feel a *bit* guilty laughing at the posts here because people have to start somewhere when getting info about neighborhoods, but lord, some of the threads.... I've no problem with people asking about walkable areas and such because they are truly trying to get information, but there are a lot of other posts where you wonder if they realize SD is a big city.)

Old 03-08-2013, 02:59 PM

1,447 posts, read 2,745,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jehjeh View Post
I love this one. Don't forget the neighbors all have to be liberal/conservative like the poster because he or she somehow made it to adulthood without learning how to hold a conversation that doesn't involve politics, and he or she can't imagine living in a neighborhood where people might have different views.

(I have to admit I feel a *bit* guilty laughing at the posts here because people have to start somewhere when getting info about neighborhoods, but lord, some of the threads.... I've no problem with people asking about walkable areas and such because they are truly trying to get information, but there are a lot of other posts where you wonder if they realize SD is a big city.)
Ironically, those posts usually start out with "I'm an educated, open-minded person..."

They are most often posted in the general California forum.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego