Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-09-2013, 08:03 PM

1 posts, read 1,835 times

Advertisements

This is my obligatory moving to San Diego from Florida, where the hell do I live, there seems to be 15-billion different neighborhoods. There are many like this post, but this one is mine!

Anyways, short, sweet, and to the point:

- Single Strait Male, young professional (25 years old) moving from Florida.
- Looking decently close to the Naval Base San Diego (I don’t want a 3 hour commute).
- No drugs (work for the federal government).
- I love to go out and have fun on the weekends, but typically never go out on the weekdays.
- I want to be in an area where there are plenty of young people, but hopefully not too much riff-raff.
- Love to work out, so having areas that are bike-able would be great.
- I currently live a block from the beach in a 'small beach town.' Something like that would be perfect.

Budget is probably max 1000/month. I will most likely go searching for a roommate on craigslist or something.

Any ideas?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2013, 09:22 PM

3 posts, read 6,531 times
North Park is an amazing place to be for young professionals and is pretty close to the naval base. This would be my number 1 recommendation. So is Hillcrest, but since you explicitly mentioned you are straight, then the gay community there might not be your taste (even though there's a hundred and one interesting things to do in Hillcrest). Both of these places have tons of young people who aren't too rowdy, but more like hipsters/yuppies.

National City and Chula Vista are less affluent areas, but the real estate is really cheap. It's starting to clean up and become a much nicer community with farmer's markets and new restaurants.

Mission Hill might also be a good place to consider, but I don't know much about it other than the fact that my favorite street with all the best restaurants are located there (India St.)

Point Loma would also be a good place to consider, but a little further. It's very clean, lots of people walking around and exercising, and has lots of options for entertainment in the area. Real estate might be a little more pricey though.

If you want to live close to the beach, I would suggest Pacific Beach or Ocean Beach. They're a little further, but both have an awesome community, lots of people out during the day and at night, and you get that "beach city" feel. Lots of young professionals and students live in both these cities.

Source: Lived in San Diego for 4 years for school, left to OC take care of mom who was diagnosed with breast cancer, but will probably move back next year for graduate school.

Old 05-10-2013, 01:18 AM

210 posts, read 412,024 times
CoolPaddle48,

You should move to Hillcrest. All the hot, single and straight women will be all yours.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego