Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-24-2013, 01:22 AM

210 posts, read 409,963 times

Advertisements

I gave you a suggestion. Go there this weekend and report back.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2013, 01:26 AM

2,179 posts, read 4,971,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcjhku View Post
I gave you a suggestion. Go there this weekend and report back.
And I appreciate it. I'm driving up to LA for the long weekend and will be back Tuesday. You think weekends would be better? Any other bar recommendations?

Old 05-24-2013, 02:07 AM

210 posts, read 409,963 times
Definitely 98 bottles during weekends is your best bet. Try another weekend. I really think it's the crowd you're looking for.

Eureka in UTC has a good crowd during weekday happy hours (also good food and nice beer selection). Archlight brings in a lot of people to Eureka. 18+ for tickets should theoretically weed out a good portion of your unfavorables to the area.

Urge Gastropub would be good for HH until 10pm during week nights. I see a lot of nicely dressed people there. I'll go there once in a while after work for a beer. For a place with their quality beer selection, the food is quite good. The place is a sausagefest -- good for you. Mostly 30ish dudes at the bar area. Too bad there's not more women there -- it's a nice place.

Old 05-24-2013, 03:00 AM

4,498 posts, read 9,353,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by echo42 View Post
Your honesty has been refreshing, Naomi, but you are not coming off well, almost naive and emotionally vacant. But, I do admire your spirit and intent on "not settling". But we all settle at one point or another and play the cards that are dealt to us instead of playing a fantasy hand. I settled on the fact that I would never become president, I settled on the fact that I would never marry the girl from "The Facts of Life" and I settled on the fact that I would not be the richest man in the world.

It doesn't mean I live in misery and hardship, I am always trying to advance, move the ball forward, make an extra buck and conquer my workplace. I definitely didn't settle on my wife, but if i would have stuck to my "criteria", she would have slipped away and walked right on by.

We went fishing one of the first times we went out and she got up early in the morning and made burritos and coffee and bought an old blanket at the thrift store the night before because it was going to be cold. That was it, I was sold. My wife was not a super model, not even a model, nor was she a doctor, lawyer..etc But she won me, and I am the coolest guy ever...just ask me and I'll tell you so.

I like all the comments in this thread and find them spot on, even some of the racier ones relating to hotness and fake boobs. You are really getting an education into the male condition Naomi, a man's psyche is complex and not as simple as it may seem.

I would suggest you seek the advice of a male friend that you are not interested in that can give you the inside scoop on men...how we think, what we think, the whole enchilada. Yes, you need an informant, to provide real time and real life intel on how to land the big fish you are looking for.....and yes the sex as well. Because even for me, the coolest guy ever, at the end of that fishing trip....I wanted to get laid.
Excellent post! This is probably one of the best responses I think I've ever read on Citydata.

Old 05-24-2013, 09:53 AM

1,665 posts, read 2,964,809 times
Since you don't just get it, I'm going to be very blunt here.

I know your type.

You go out, sit around, and wonder why nobody will approach you. Well, maybe it's because you've got this look of no, don't bother on your face.

And when someone does decide, what the hell, I'll take a shot, you quickly go through your mental checklist before you're done saying hi.

If he doesn't have every box checked off, you brush him aside.

And then you whine to the women you are with about how there are no good men.

It's not them. It's you.

Old 05-24-2013, 09:53 AM

7,344 posts, read 12,569,245 times
I've followed this thread on and off. I've been thrown back and forth between the extremes of being appalled and elated. At one point it occurred to me that the entire OP question could be a troll Q, intending to smoke out sexist (male) pigs--I could find no other explanation for what to me looked like an extremely shallow quest/question. But, if that were the case, it backfired! Such wonderful responses, full of insight, wisdom, and humor! Naomi, find someone like the guys posting advice to you here. They're the keepers!!! And I also now think that Naomi is serious; young, misguided, and serious. Good luck, girl, maybe you'll find someone you like who is as preoccupied with external characteristics as you are, and then perhaps you two can grow and mature together, and discover the things that really matter in each other. And nothing wrong with going Dutch on first dates, BTW. Then nobody is beholden to anybody for anything...and no exploitation one way or another...

Old 05-24-2013, 10:25 AM

Will try the places suggested here. Thanks Just looking to meet other single, educated professionals.

Old 05-24-2013, 10:26 AM

4,498 posts, read 9,353,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Fork Fantast View Post
I've followed this thread on and off. I've been thrown back and forth between the extremes of being appalled and elated. At one point it occurred to me that the entire OP question could be a troll Q, intending to smoke out sexist (male) pigs--I could find no other explanation for what to me looked like an extremely shallow quest/question. But, if that were the case, it backfired! Such wonderful responses, full of insight, wisdom, and humor! Naomi, find someone like the guys posting advice to you here. They're the keepers!!! And I also now think that Naomi is serious; young, misguided, and serious. Good luck, girl, maybe you'll find someone you like who is as preoccupied with external characteristics as you are, and then perhaps you two can grow and mature together, and discover the things that really matter in each other. And nothing wrong with going Dutch on first dates, BTW. Then nobody is beholden to anybody for anything...and no exploitation one way or another...

Nope. I doubt the OP is a troll at all. Go do some due diligence and read some of her past posts. She has tons of them and most of them come across as genuine.

What I can't understand is why the OP wouldn't take any advice to heart because she has posted and asked questions on a wide range of topics. I mean, I just did a quick glance and I saw posts ranging from when the last time one had sex to her posting about the shapes and sizes of vaginas and how different positions can be painful!! So obviously she isn't shy and open to finding out about other topics.

So Naomi, I'm just not sure why you wouldn't take some of these great posts to heart? I read several of your other posts as I was so curious.

Naomi, I know the top things you are looking for in a guy but would you mind if I asked the top 4 or 5 best things about you and the top 4 or 5 worst things about you? Back when I was a bachelor I'd always slip in those questions on a first date to get a read what they would say about themselves.

Old 05-24-2013, 10:37 AM

919 posts, read 1,775,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naomi Manischewitz View Post
What should I Google? San Diego bars with white collar people? I already tried Yelp typing white collar and the liking.
LOLOLO!!!! Good luck in your quest, after reading this, you're going to need it......BTW, you be shilling, and you ain't too good at it....

Old 05-24-2013, 11:14 AM

I really don't understand why it's offensive to try to find someone who values career and education as much as me. I'm sorry if that offends people, but I find I have a lot more in common with people with similar careers and views on education as myself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego