Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2013, 06:06 PM

8,928 posts, read 14,339,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShelbyGirl1 View Post
Opinions..everyone has them.. I'll gladly stick with mine. Thanks for the very amusing take on Houston.
Well, the average American typically does.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2013, 06:15 PM

3,455 posts, read 8,343,889 times
ok nairobi. Calm down. I was illustrating a point. I'm not complaining to you about a weight gain that happened 5 years ago that I have managed.

But you are out of the loop if you think lack access/options to fresh foods, and a culture that promotes car culture, has many fast food options, and generally 10 gallon hat sized portions of fried foods commonly on the table isn't contributing to that city being at the top of the list for fatness year after year.

Acces AND culture matter. CA and TX are widly different in this regard.

Old 07-27-2013, 06:17 PM

3,455 posts, read 8,343,889 times
shoot. sorry. I forgot. I'm arguing with a Texan. Everything is your own damn fault. I recall.

(dear op: this might be a good illustration of the also, political differences between the two...)

too bad sense of humor though isn't regional I think that varies everywhere!

Old 07-27-2013, 06:19 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,363,818 times
The culture does matter. So does the weather.

Houston has horrendous weather.

Old 07-27-2013, 06:25 PM

8,928 posts, read 14,339,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgb123 View Post
ok nairobi. Calm down. I was illustrating a point. I'm not complaining to you about a weight gain that happened 5 years ago that I have managed.

But you are out of the loop if you think lack access/options to fresh foods, and a culture that promotes car culture, has many fast food options, and generally 10 gallon hat sized portions of fried foods commonly on the table isn't contributing to that city being at the top of the list for fatness year after year.

Acces AND culture matter. CA and TX are widly different in this regard.
You've never heard me say that California doesn't have healthier living habits than Texas. I'm simply calling out your cheap shot at the state. Using your own personal weight gain and citing Men's Fitness as a source doesn't make you seem very enlightened. It makes you look like a forum troll.

As for this "culture": Houston made me who I am, and I wouldn't doubt that I'm healthier and more educated than your average Californian. Yes, I do wish my ideals were more wide-spread around my fellow residents.
Quote:
shoot. sorry. I forgot. I'm arguing with a Texan. Everything is your own damn fault. I recall.

(dear op: this might be a good illustration of the also, political differences between the two...)

No, you happen to be arguing with someone who's clearly more bright than you. Sorry if that's intimidating.

Old 07-27-2013, 09:53 PM

71 posts, read 224,801 times
Human behavior at its best. We even manage to fight on the cyber space So Sad !

Old 07-28-2013, 12:24 AM

5,291 posts, read 12,739,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVC15 View Post

I had a choice to chose a job in the Bay Area or SD. I had been to SD many times and the last few times I was there I took a really good look around it just seemed like a boring run down place compared to Houston. I am thankful I took the Bay Area job instead. This area is much more stimulating to me than what SD has to offer.
SD more boring and run down than Houston? Now that's hilarious. When it comes to ugly, I can honestly say that H-Town might just be the ugliest of them all. And boring? Since you mentioned being the best in the planet when it comes to food people earlier, remember when Houston was named the 2nd most boring place in the world a couple of years ago?

World's Most Boring Cities to Visit

Old 07-28-2013, 12:29 AM

Location: Central Bay Area, CA as of Jan 2010...but still a proud Texan from Houston!
7,484 posts, read 10,448,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdurbanite View Post
SD more boring and run down than Houston? Now that's hilarious. When it comes to ugly, I can honestly say that H-Town might just be the ugliest of them all. And boring? Since you mentioned being the best in the planet when it comes to food people earlier, remember when Houston was named the 2nd most boring place in the world a couple of years ago?

World's Most Boring Cities to Visit
Just keep in mind these kinds of polls are just dumb. I never had a dull moment in H-Town. Too bad your friends did not do you justice on your visit there. Seems they also operate within a very small radius.

If you find H-Town to be boring then I would say that is definitely a personal problem. Too much going on in H-Town... it is a 24 hour city.

Some just never get it and that's OK

Houston has something for everyone except the non adventurous types.

Haters...well what can you say for haters. GTFO and go away is all I can think of.

Old 07-28-2013, 12:33 AM

Location: Central Bay Area, CA as of Jan 2010...but still a proud Texan from Houston!
7,484 posts, read 10,448,062 times
Quote:

You think this thread is about politics.

Please don't tell me you are a registered voter. Wow just wow!

BTW Houston is a Blue city. Happy now?

Old 07-28-2013, 12:42 AM

5,291 posts, read 12,739,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVC15 View Post
Just keep in mind these kinds of polls are just dumb. I never had a dull moment in H-Town. Too bad your friends did not do you justice on your visit there. Seems they also operate within a very small radius.

If you find H-Town to be boring then I would say that is your personal problem. Too much going on in H-Town... it is a 24 hour city.

Some just never get it and that's OK

Houston has something for everyone except the non adventurous types.

Haters...well what can you say for haters. GTFO and go away is all I can think of.
It's only a dumb poll since Houston was on it right? If SD was on it, I'm sure you would have link to it, too. A 24 hour city? Says who? You? I'm guessing you don't travel much. And my friends tried their best to show me what Houston has to offer and were apologizing the entire time, as it they were embarrassed of their surroundings. I was the one who told them it was fine. And don't think that I must have missed something because I saw it and did it all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego