Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-20-2013, 05:42 PM

4,498 posts, read 9,382,682 times

Advertisements

Dear PUSD Community,

As many of you already know, a message was found on the Mt. Carmel High School campus earlier this week, threatening violence. In accordance with established PUSD safety protocols, the administrator immediately contacted the San Diego Police Department and the District Office and a full investigation began.

Today (Friday) members of the San Diego Police Department as well as District Office personnel were on-site at Mt. Carmel.

As a result of on-going investigative work, police officers and school administrators were able to identify the individual who allegedly posted the threatening message. The individual was taken into police custody and transported to the local police station. The police have assured us that they found no evidence to indicate that the individual had the ability to carry out the threat, or that anyone else was involved.

As always, PUSD is committed to the physical and emotional safety of all of our students, which makes a situation like this both sad and disturbing. It is important you know that the systems and protocols the District has in place for addressing this situation worked. All of our schools – including Mt. Carmel High School – opened at their scheduled times this morning. Students were present, engaged and learning today.

On behalf of the Board of Education, and the PUSD community, I want to thank the students who provided information, the Mt. Carmel staff, and our partners in local law enforcement who worked diligently to identify the source of the threat. It was only through these cooperative efforts that we were able to successfully resolve this matter quickly and appropriately.

In order to maintain this focus on teaching and learning, I have asked the media to direct their questions to law enforcement. As this matter remains under investigation, all questions should be directed to Sergeant Steve Shaw, San Diego Police Department Northeastern Division, at (858) 538-8040.

Thank you,

John Collins
Superintendent
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2013, 06:17 PM

6,893 posts, read 8,933,303 times
America in crisis, even or especially the elite districts are not immune. You know whom I blame.

Old 09-20-2013, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloom View Post
America in crisis, even or especially the elite districts are not immune. You know whom I blame.
You'd think at 15 years of age kids would know you don't joke about this sort of thing. How embarrassing for the parents. And SHAME on this 15 year old.

Teen Arrested for Mt. Carmel HS Threat | NBC 7 San Diego

Old 09-20-2013, 06:48 PM

6,893 posts, read 8,933,303 times
There were plenty of issues in my days incl. "bomb scares", deliquents, etc., but America has turned since around the time Columbine. I know whom to blame in the big picture here.

Old 09-20-2013, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloom View Post
There were plenty of issues in my days incl. "bomb scares", deliquents, etc., but America has turned since around the time Columbine. I know whom to blame in the big picture here.
You know that is true. I don't know. I didn't grow up in the day and age where people were calling in bomb threats or you had to worry about someone gunning you down at school. Unfortunately we live in different (and scary times).

I can't imagine how anyone these days could be a bully at school. Because these days the kids getting bullied will just get mom or dad's gun and come to school and gun down the bully.

Our Founding Fathers and creators of the 2nd Amendment NEVER could have imagined what is going on today. They would be turning over in their graves if they could see what is going on, IMHO.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
View detailed profiles of: