Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2013, 02:36 PM

5,139 posts, read 8,811,495 times

Advertisements

Where I live in Encinitas, our complex just made everybody sign new leases where there are at least two pages on the no drug policy and they are serious. You definitely can find a nice apt in Encinitas for $2k.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2013, 02:45 PM

4,294 posts, read 4,390,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loveautumn View Post
Where I live in Encinitas, our complex just made everybody sign new leases where there are at least two pages on the no drug policy and they are serious. You definitely can find a nice apt in Encinitas for $2k.
WOW. I've never heard of a No Drug Policy in a lease before.

Can you give us some of the wording used in the lease ?

I can't wait to read it !

Old 11-25-2013, 01:26 AM

3,455 posts, read 8,311,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CNYC View Post
Great Thread.

I am considering a move to Encinitas as well but unlike you I am concerned about being a pot smoker. I've heard that smoking rules can be very harsh in some parts of CA.

As a smoker I can advise you to talk to your neighbor and work something out if it bothers you. I'd be more than willing to listen to your gripes as long as you were willing to work with me. If just the smell of it walking on the street offends you then YES you need to be in a totally different environment. Some hip SoCal beach town would not be the place for you.

Most smokers don't want to bother anybody. They want to get stoned in peace. We aren't a threatening bunch.
it is really ridiculous to suggest to someone they do not belong in a beach town because they do not enjoy the smell of mj.

most people like the beach (hence the cost) to suggest all who prefer to be on the straight and narrow should stay away is ludicrous.

weird how people totally understand that people should not be subjected to cigarette smoke, but when one suggests they do not want to be subjected to mj smoke all day, its like taking candy from a baby...

Old 11-25-2013, 02:58 PM

115 posts, read 207,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Siegel View Post
No offense intended. Encinitas is very pleasant, probably my favorite SD-area community, but if you really want to spend $10 million on a house, you'll have to do it in Rancho Santa Fe or Del Mar.
I will assume you are just just being funny, but I just came back from San diego, I was looking at homes in Rancho Santa Fe, and they have very nice homes from around 1.5 million and up, if you want a super nice home, you can still get great homes in the mid 2 million to about 3.5 million.

This a gorgeous home at the Bridges Cortile 4: 18644 Via Catania | The Bridges at Rancho Santa Fe.

Also, I look at Rancho SantaLuz, beautiful community with home from $900,000, and if you want a custom home, I fall in love with this one: " + "" + "Media Viewer" + "..

So, I will be moving to San Diego next summer..and the Santaluz community won my heart..

Old 11-25-2013, 03:01 PM

371 posts, read 634,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgb123 View Post
it is really ridiculous to suggest to someone they do not belong in a beach town because they do not enjoy the smell of mj.

most people like the beach (hence the cost) to suggest all who prefer to be on the straight and narrow should stay away is ludicrous.

weird how people totally understand that people should not be subjected to cigarette smoke, but when one suggests they do not want to be subjected to mj smoke all day, its like taking candy from a baby...
Thank you!

Being told that because you don't like the smell of pot means that you have to avoid an entire region is really insulting.

Old 11-25-2013, 07:21 PM

4,294 posts, read 4,390,588 times
My comment wasn't to written to insult anybody. I was just stating the obvious that you are "Obviously" going to find *some people who smoke pot or do drugs in a SoCal beach community. Encinitas seems to be more hip and less conservative than somewhere like La Jolla. I'd assume that La Jolla has less of a tolerance for it compared to somewhere like Ocean Beach.

Also as previous posters have mentioned medical MARIJUANA is legal in California.

Florida on the other hand is ultra conservative and they don't have MMJ *yet but they are discussing it at the moment.

Old 11-26-2013, 02:07 PM

1,175 posts, read 1,904,882 times
I find it funny how people assume certain areas are worse than others when it comes to drugs. Yes, some areas will have more street corner dealers and so on, but the reality is, places like Del Mar and La Jolla have a lot of rich kids who aren't exactly straight edgers. Heck, one of the top schools in the area and nation, TPHS, is known to have drug issues. It's conversations parents always have because rich kids have money to buy drugs.

You'd be surprised how many professionals who make millions are on drugs. Many are just 'weekend warriors' who you'd never know did anything. Others not so much like the recent politicians who got caught. But the truth is, drugs are everywhere, so if you are afraid that your neighbor is doing drugs, assume they probably are. Hell, most people in the US are pill poppers these days. So while they might not be doing crack, coke, heroin, meth, and so on, they might be popping prescribed Vicodin or perc or oxy or any other pain killer.

You try to stay away from areas where there are street dealers and known gang affiliations. But staying away from drugs, it's not happening in the US. People just pretend it's not in their neighborhoods.

Old 11-26-2013, 06:15 PM

3,455 posts, read 8,311,552 times
well I don't think the OP cares so much if her banker neighbor is popping Vicodin, as long as he's not blowing smoke into her building or she can smell each time she walks past his house. It's just lame.

Old 12-16-2013, 09:55 PM

6,438 posts, read 6,871,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by procapital View Post
I will assume you are just just being funny, but I just came back from San diego, I was looking at homes in Rancho Santa Fe, and they have very nice homes from around 1.5 million and up, if you want a super nice home, you can still get great homes in the mid 2 million to about 3.5 million.

This a gorgeous home at the Bridges Cortile 4: 18644 Via Catania | The Bridges at Rancho Santa Fe.

Also, I look at Rancho SantaLuz, beautiful community with home from $900,000, and if you want a custom home, I fall in love with this one: " + "" + "Media Viewer" + "..

So, I will be moving to San Diego next summer..and the Santaluz community won my heart..
I was being both funny and factual. I said that if you *want to* spend $10 million, you'll have to do it in DM or RSF. I didn't say that's what it cost to live in those towns, but that those towns are the only places where such houses exist, as far as I know.

There's a break point in any market where you start to get a lot of house above that point, and in DM and RSF it seems to be $2 million. The place on Via Catania is really nice. The Santa Luz house just can't be $900K...can it? Here is what $900K will get you in Del Mar... 12704 Portofino Drive, Del Mar CA - Trulia. Hmm.

Old 12-17-2013, 10:17 AM

12,566 posts, read 10,550,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Siegel View Post
I was being both funny and factual. I said that if you *want to* spend $10 million, you'll have to do it in DM or RSF. I didn't say that's what it cost to live in those towns, but that those towns are the only places where such houses exist, as far as I know.

There's a break point in any market where you start to get a lot of house above that point, and in DM and RSF it seems to be $2 million. The place on Via Catania is really nice. The Santa Luz house just can't be $900K...can it? Here is what $900K will get you in Del Mar... 12704 Portofino Drive, Del Mar CA - Trulia. Hmm.
Torrey Pines area. I want to go to there. I could walk from my house to Robertos. A dream come true.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego