Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2014, 12:50 PM

9,824 posts, read 11,548,625 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
Troll or no, it wouldn't hurt to get feedback on this question from people in the area so those of us researching cities would be informed if the area is homeless-friendly or not.

Some cities have gotten tough, where the homeless were once tolerated, they are now kicked out and not allowed to loiter or sleep in parks, streets, etc. That is good information to have for anyone considering moving to an area.
Who are you?
There are plenty of other resources you and the O.P can find on homelessness in San Diego.
Nothing has changed since 08 and there are many threads on homelessness in San Diego
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2014, 12:51 PM

5 posts, read 6,542 times
No I swear this is no troll post we really have to get away from our so called family asap no faking or playing I'm being honest here so Judge us if you will if I wanted to troll I'd play on facebook

Old 01-20-2014, 12:51 PM

19,632 posts, read 12,226,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitman619 View Post
Who are you?
Excuse me?

Old 01-20-2014, 01:31 PM

6,420 posts, read 11,596,094 times
The only thing I can imagine that San Diego offers to homeless that isn't available in many other cities is the weather.

I agree with post #4. Look for a place with available jobs - not a place that's 'better' for homeless.

Old 01-20-2014, 01:48 PM

4,630 posts, read 10,274,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don cristobal View Post
No I swear this is no troll post we really have to get away from our so called family asap no faking or playing I'm being honest here so Judge us if you will if I wanted to troll I'd play on facebook
Where are you coming from 'don'? Are you looking at being career homeless (eg professional pan handler) or you looking at getting a jobby job at some point at your next destination?

I hear that there is a good scene in the Florida keys and its much warmer there than here. It can get chilly at night around around these parts.

Since you seem to know a troll is, how did city data come up on your radar? Just curious.

Old 01-20-2014, 02:14 PM

5 posts, read 6,542 times
Of course not I'm 20 I don't intend on spending my life homeless just have to leave Chicago immediately just needed help to get started off in a new city a new life I never pan handle not worth it my cousin and I aren't lazy or bums just can no longer stay here

Old 01-20-2014, 03:35 PM

10,090 posts, read 42,420,868 times
OK....so you are moving from Chicago. What kind of employment are you looking for? As mentioned, San Diego does get cold at night. Has been in the 40's lately at night and we can have had freezing temps. And why move to a very high cost of living area? Florida might fit here your needs much better. Lower cost of living and the weather is milder for those nights spent outdoors.

Old 01-20-2014, 06:30 PM

5,291 posts, read 12,739,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don cristobal View Post
Long story but my cousin and I ages 20 and 21 both male would like to know how San Diego is when homeless we have to leave our current city asap due to family related issues nothing illegal or terrible just something we have to do and having little money with the chance of becoming homeless we heard San Diego was a good place to go
How can you be ok with moving anywhere to possibly be homeless? If you have a roof over your head now, just stay put.

Old 01-20-2014, 09:35 PM

4,498 posts, read 9,384,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdurbanite View Post
How can you be ok with moving anywhere to possibly be homeless? If you have a roof over your head now, just stay put.
I agree.

But to the OP, what other cities are on your short list to "be homeless"? Are you considering San Diego just for weather reasons? Or are there other reasons?

Do you know anyone here? What jobs do you guys currently have now? What jobs do you guys see yourselves doing? Do you have a car? How much savings do you have?

I'm certainly not judging you and you sound like you're in a bad situation. I'm sorry that you're in that situation. But are there any cities where you have other relatives or friends you can turn to or stay with? Do either of you speak Spanish?

I'd be curious to hear some of these answers. There are plenty of homeless in San Diego no doubt and it seems like more are becoming homeless and starting to see them more in nicer areas which is sad.

A 20 and 21 year old can find a job in many other cities but that isn't always the case in San Diego so just listen to some of the advice people are giving you. I can think of many other cities that have a much easier shot at finding a job where the cost of living is much lower.

Just doing a search on your other posts I see you posted the same question about Texas. While it gets cold in Texas in the winter, the economy and cost of living are much much better.

Good luck.

Old 01-20-2014, 09:51 PM

3,941 posts, read 6,726,483 times
Texas is an excellent suggestion as the economy in the larger cities (Dallas, Houston, Austin) are doing well. You also may want to consider Phoenix because there are lots of call center jobs. If this is for real good luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
View detailed profiles of: