Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2014, 06:46 PM

63 posts, read 86,876 times

Advertisements

OP, there is a very large population of military and vets in san diego, many who have been deployed to the middle east and are suspicious of muslims. like me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2014, 05:13 AM

16 posts, read 21,275 times
To dirkdiggler... they will mind about my staying in San diego? and will i face problems there regarding this?

Old 02-11-2014, 10:11 AM

686 posts, read 1,138,092 times
Do not worry. California is a very welcoming place, and your religion and background will not be a problem so long as you are respectful of others who are different than you. All religions, including Christianity, have their crazies (Westboro Baptist church, anyone?), and most folks realize Islam is a fundamentally peaceful religion.

Welcome to San Diego.

Old 02-11-2014, 10:53 AM

1,447 posts, read 2,745,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfosyd View Post
Do not worry. California is a very welcoming place, and your religion and background will not be a problem so long as you are respectful of others who are different than you. All religions, including Christianity, have their crazies (Westboro Baptist church, anyone?), and most folks realize Islam is a fundamentally peaceful religion.

Welcome to San Diego.
Perfectly said!

Old 02-11-2014, 10:54 AM

I love all the human beings of the world. I am a very friendly guy, love to make friends,hang out etc. Thanks sfosyd...

Old 02-11-2014, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gentleman88 View Post
To dirkdiggler... they will mind about my staying in San diego? and will i face problems there regarding this?
i've had many friends and fellow service members suffer through multiple combat zones and deployments fighting muslim radicals and crazies. OP, they are your brothers, cousins, and distant relatives. they do not value americans or share their values. from lost lives to broken homes, many service members committed their lives to bringing peace, stability, and changes in cultural norms to the middle east. ultimately, however, we discovered that persians, arabs, and muslims live in a different world both literally and within their own mind set. as far as i am concerned, i don't want them as my neighbors because i have nothing in common with them. i can't even count on their honesty and truthfulness because i learned those are character traits of convenience in their culture, and telling a lie is regard as acceptable conduct. yeah, i'm sure you will find many here who will waive the diversity flag in the name of global harmony. but you know as well as i do that an american in pakistan would be treated with such contempt, distrust, and suspicion that they would be essentially unwelcomed. so don't be surprised you get a similar reaction when you say your last name, or that your are from pakistan, or when your wives and daughters wear a hijab to the malls.

i hope one day i see persians, muslims, and arabs out in the streets protesting against the radical islamist acts of other muslims, but so far all i have seen is reclusive denial and closet acceptance of the idealogical extremism of their countrymen and religious spiritual brothers and sisters. if you want to be an american, more is expected from you, your culture, and religion. or maybe i'm mistaken and you are just passing through...

Last edited by dirkdiggler; 02-11-2014 at 08:08 PM..

Old 02-11-2014, 09:20 PM

6,893 posts, read 8,934,496 times
^ dirkdiggler, I think you committed treason against my country, the US of A. Unless, you are from another country; what country are you from, dirkdiggler?

Old 02-11-2014, 09:45 PM

bloom, i am a senior military officer with 20 years of service, which included 3 years of deployments overseas, and this summer i will become a retired veteran. i think i've earned the right to speak frankly about my thoughts. stop being a child suggesting i committed treason and challenging my patriotism.

Last edited by dirkdiggler; 02-11-2014 at 10:00 PM..

Old 02-11-2014, 11:26 PM

6,893 posts, read 8,934,496 times
I'm a US and world citizen and a realist and non-rascist, for nearly a half-century.

Old 02-12-2014, 04:57 AM

dirkdiggler, i do value americans,religions and culture very much trust me, i respect you and all. I want peace in this world like you. I am not like those muslims who do not want happiness, peace etc comes in the world, i hate extremist and racist people. I am not like those muslims which you know,Please i don't wanna suffer because of those. I want to enjoy my life,want equal rights,want respect from all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego