Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2014, 10:09 PM

4,294 posts, read 4,428,857 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chelzzzz View Post
It upsets me to see the back and forth on this thread, both because I wish some non-dog owners would have a little more compassion and understanding for dog owners
That's all smokers are asking for yet nobody wants to comply.

What you fail to realize is your little sweetheart is a nuisance to a lot of people (as bad as smoking). Why should people cater to your needs when other's are thrown into the abyss ?

You have no idea how annoying dogs can be to non dog lovers. I like animals but I can't ignore the disgusting smell they give off and the loud obnoxious barking is worse than listening to construction noise.

Welcome to a society where nobody wants to compromise and everybody wants to have it their way.

I Love It.

The more selfish we become as a nation the less patience we will have for anybody or anything.

Don't like it ? Then fight the ban culture and promote acceptance.....not only for yourself but for EVERYBODY.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2014, 09:30 AM

3,545 posts, read 6,032,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CNYC View Post
That's all smokers are asking for yet nobody wants to comply.

What you fail to realize is your little sweetheart is a nuisance to a lot of people (as bad as smoking). Why should people cater to your needs when other's are thrown into the abyss ?

You have no idea how annoying dogs can be to non dog lovers. I like animals but I can't ignore the disgusting smell they give off and the loud obnoxious barking is worse than listening to construction noise.

Welcome to a society where nobody wants to compromise and everybody wants to have it their way.

I Love It.

The more selfish we become as a nation the less patience we will have for anybody or anything.

Don't like it ? Then fight the ban culture and promote acceptance.....not only for yourself but for EVERYBODY.
I like that you left out the part immediately following what you quoted, where he/she said "because I wish that some dog owners would be more responsible and respectful of others' space, whether public or private."

Old 02-25-2014, 02:54 PM

4,294 posts, read 4,428,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenkay View Post
I like that you left out the part immediately following what you quoted, where he/she said "because I wish that some dog owners would be more responsible and respectful of others' space, whether public or private."
Because most NEVER will.

Old 02-25-2014, 05:38 PM

3,455 posts, read 8,343,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CNYC View Post
Because most NEVER will.
I think we all understand that no one should let their dogs poop and pee on property whether public or private. (I don't have a dog, by the way). I also am unhappy when I go for a hike and there is dog poop on the trail. Though, often times it may be coyote, or something else.

I am not well versed in San Diego laws but I would bet my left pinky toe their is a provision in their for property owners (ie public or private like an apartment complex) that where there are poop stations, or pet areas that is generally the area pet owners are encouraged to use to let their pets relieve themselves (1, or 2) and I've never seen a law that suggest diluting urine. However, most of these spots will generally have someone taking care of the area which is why they tend to be designated areas.

Did I suddenly move to Mars? I've lived in a lot of places and have never seen this to be such a hot issue. There are a lot of dogs here though I've noticed, I do wish more people would pick up the poop...that's pretty unacceptable.

However, OP please don't let it bug you. I've had a hard time finding rentals with my cat too, CA renting is pretty much effed up in general not just pets...its just the market. Desirable land, not so desirable landlords and rentals, and in CA lots of landlors have been burned since they have fewer rights than in other states....its a bad situation.

you should get over your hang ups about apartment complexs as there are some nice ones out here and you will be treated better with your dog. You might want to look at your own prejudices there

this is CA, many successful people are renting.

Old 02-25-2014, 06:16 PM

749 posts, read 920,879 times
In certain parts of Florida, they will ask for a deposit from $300 and up, and it is non-refundable, if your dog does any damage. Which believe me, the renters do more damage than the dogs.......

Old 02-25-2014, 07:39 PM

50,288 posts, read 47,043,365 times
For some reason I feel it appropriate to fly the flag now......

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego