Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2014, 03:57 PM

22 posts, read 35,642 times

Advertisements

That closes the case for Lakeside and Santee then...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2014, 04:59 PM

5,291 posts, read 12,734,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sly123 View Post
I WANT A BIG LOT! Where I can grow fruit trees, organic garden and a big patch of grass to play football with my son. I want to have a big swimming pool and be able to skinny dip at night with my wife without having the neighbor looking over the fence or by his window. I want a outdoor kitchen to entertain parties. I want a big 2-3 car garage to put all my **** in there. If there is a guest house, good for the our parents from Canada, that a plus. There are excellent charter schools and some great public in certain areas. This is NOT downtown Escondido.

This is a desirable area for me. Location IS everything and this is the perfect location for that $750k price range.
The area in and around South Escondido near Lake Hodges has bigger lots that might be in your price range.

Old 02-20-2014, 11:24 AM

6,496 posts, read 7,525,332 times
If you want less than 40 minutes from Escondido area or any outer neighborhood to La Jolla, I would consider changing the work schedule (if possible) to either very early getting to work by 6AM or later morning gettnig to work by 9:30AM or 10AM.

Going to work at the same time as everyone else is madening for me, even trying to get onto the freeway can be a real drag during rush hour.

Old 02-20-2014, 12:20 PM

191 posts, read 454,092 times
I still say you should look in to Bonita. There are houses for sale with half acre lots over 3,000 sq feet and sub 750k right now. Inventory is low, so you might have to wait for the perfect place, but they are out there. We spent more than that, but not a lot more, and ended up with over 5,000 sq feet and almost an acre and a half, and a really nice view, too.

Old 02-21-2014, 08:11 AM

22 posts, read 35,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie_paige View Post
I still say you should look in to Bonita. There are houses for sale with half acre lots over 3,000 sq feet and sub 750k right now. Inventory is low, so you might have to wait for the perfect place, but they are out there. We spent more than that, but not a lot more, and ended up with over 5,000 sq feet and almost an acre and a half, and a really nice view, too.
Thats an hour long commute in traffic to LJ....

Old 06-28-2014, 04:10 PM

1 posts, read 1,382 times
I grew up in PB and recall all the days of "May Gray" and "June Gloom" as I grew in to adulthood. We opted for a longer commute and better quality of life and bought a place on 1/2 acre in San Diego Country Estates outside of Ramona town. Price was 1/3 to 1/2 less that we would have paid in Poway for example, and the extra 15-20 minutes to Torrey Pines is well worth it. We bought a like new 12 year old home for just over 400K, single story, 2400 square feet, with a 3 car garage, four bedrooms, 3 full bathrooms, granite, golf course, view to Mt. Cuyamaca from our living rooms and family room, and when driving "down the hill and seeing the overcast and haze are thankful for clear blue skies, stars, and a country like quality of life.

Old 06-29-2014, 10:25 PM

9,525 posts, read 30,465,926 times
Mt helix
Lake hodges
Poway

Large lots mean lots of driving

Old 06-30-2014, 10:14 AM

50,239 posts, read 46,997,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oliver Woods View Post
I grew up in PB and recall all the days of "May Gray" and "June Gloom" as I grew in to adulthood. We opted for a longer commute and better quality of life and bought a place on 1/2 acre in San Diego Country Estates outside of Ramona town. Price was 1/3 to 1/2 less that we would have paid in Poway for example, and the extra 15-20 minutes to Torrey Pines is well worth it. We bought a like new 12 year old home for just over 400K, single story, 2400 square feet, with a 3 car garage, four bedrooms, 3 full bathrooms, granite, golf course, view to Mt. Cuyamaca from our living rooms and family room, and when driving "down the hill and seeing the overcast and haze are thankful for clear blue skies, stars, and a country like quality of life.
I love Country Estates but it does get HOT in the summer there. If people aren't ready for that day to day HOT it would be a shocker.

Old 06-30-2014, 10:40 AM

50,239 posts, read 46,997,454 times
OP, don't rule out Clairemont, Serra mesa and Tierra Santa. There are many Canyon lots you could turn into a grove of fruit trees easy and still have enough flat yard for a pool and grass. I tried to get my Parents into one but Mom thought that big a lot would have been too much work. I was already mentally terracing it and putting in a drip system for a vineyard

Old 06-30-2014, 07:23 PM

70 posts, read 127,933 times
If you are looking for a big lot and not a big commute, Poway has some, rancho penasquitos. Will you be working in La Jolla (down) or La Jolla near UTC? I wouldn't live south if I worked in La Jolla, traffic sucks!!! We are in clairemont and we have a 8000sq ft lot. Not huge, but enough for avocado trees, lemon trees, guava, passion fruit, etc. the location is central for us. My husband works in Chula Vista and gets to/from work in 20 min. I used to work near UCSD and it took me 15 min to get to work because of lights. If you work in. The traffic I see on the 805 is north at the 163 split and 52 connector. No real traffic after I would say Mira Mesa exit. Depends on what you choose to give up. Lot size or sit in over 1 hour if traffic each way
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego