Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2014, 03:56 PM

815 posts, read 2,698,230 times

Advertisements

Im live near El Cajon Bl and Washington St and deal with a tremendous quantity of noisy motorcylces racing down the street speeding toward hwy 163. The noise is so bad sometimes that it drives me a little bonkers. I know automobiles are noise regulated by the type of exhaust systems they can have but why don't motorcycles have similar regulation? This part of town really has some pretty bad noise pollution when it comes to this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2014, 07:55 PM

50,242 posts, read 46,997,454 times
Do you live in the typical skinny sided, no insulation, SD apt or house? Wax ear plugs are your friend.

Old 04-07-2014, 01:31 AM

1,014 posts, read 1,574,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cityx View Post
but why don't motorcycles have similar regulation?
They do. Now in Effect: Motorcycle Anti-Tampering Act » Motorcycle.com News

Old 04-07-2014, 10:14 AM

3,545 posts, read 6,029,485 times
Quote:
Im live near El Cajon Bl and Washington St and deal with a tremendous quantity of noisy motorcylces racing down the street speeding toward hwy 163. The noise is so bad sometimes that it drives me a little bonkers. I know automobiles are noise regulated by the type of exhaust systems they can have but why don't motorcycles have similar regulation? This part of town really has some pretty bad noise pollution when it comes to this.
If that kind of noise bothers you, you really need to live someplace farther removed from a main drag.

Old 04-07-2014, 10:31 AM

6,420 posts, read 11,590,922 times
They do have motorcycle noise regulations, as USDefault pointed out. But I'm not aware of any enforcement. We ride motorcycles, and even I hate the "noise for the sake of noise" squids. (I'm calling them squids because that noise thing suggests a lack of judgement which will soon render them squids.)

Old 04-09-2014, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenkay View Post
If that kind of noise bothers you, you really need to live someplace farther removed from a main drag.
No, really ??? I would have never thought of that. Thank you!!! Boy, we need your problem solving skills over in Congress.
In all seriousness, I think my real question should have been since their is indeed regulation (thanks USDefault) then why isnt it actively enforced? I was meeting with a client at a cafe off El Cajon and 30th on Friday and a pack of cycles went by that we actually held our ears due to the noise.

Old 04-09-2014, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oddstray View Post
They do have motorcycle noise regulations, as USDefault pointed out. But I'm not aware of any enforcement. We ride motorcycles, and even I hate the "noise for the sake of noise" squids. (I'm calling them squids because that noise thing suggests a lack of judgement which will soon render them squids.)
The average motorcylce noise is not an issue for me whatsoever. Its the modified Hogs and other cycles that sound like they have no exhaust whatsoever. Its out of control.

Old 04-09-2014, 11:46 AM

7,599 posts, read 18,403,189 times
But if they dont make loud noises how will people look at them and make them feel cool ?

Old 04-09-2014, 12:00 PM

2,698 posts, read 12,167,740 times
Quote:
In all seriousness, I think my real question should have been since their is indeed regulation (thanks USDefault) then why isnt it actively enforced?
The article USDefault linked gives two very good reaons why SB435 probably isn't enforced all that often.

1. The law is only applicable to bikes made in/after 2013.

2. It can only be enforced if the motorcyclist is being pulled over for some other infraction.

Mike

Old 04-12-2014, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteboyslo View Post
The article USDefault linked gives two very good reaons why SB435 probably isn't enforced all that often.

1. The law is only applicable to bikes made in/after 2013.

2. It can only be enforced if the motorcyclist is being pulled over for some other infraction.

Mike
Ok gotcha..
But dang.. the noise pollution they give off is horrendous..especially when they travel in herds like they often do. I see moms hold their ears and children cry.
A friend that was visiting me from Huntington Beach commented that there seemed to be an unusual amount of motorcycles in SD. We were in Unv Heights at the time.
I thought about it and I kind of agree. I never noticed that many when I lived in HB and I lived off Beach Blvd near the 405 freeway.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego