Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-23-2014, 06:17 PM

50,264 posts, read 47,023,439 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitman619 View Post
So Has anybody on this board ever been Robbed or assaulted?
If so, would a CCW permit have helped you?
Please no "My sister got her IPhone taken stories"
Not sure why that would matter. We've been burgled and live in a better area of town.The loser actually hit homes with Seniors that were home at the time.
A guy I work with showed up to work really shaken and apparently he "cut off" the wrong guy in LJ one morning and the guy stopped next to him and put a pistol in his face car to take yelling giborish. He gunned it and the guy did it again at the next light yelling something he couldn't understand. He had to run the light risking his own life plus some innocent lives. This guy is a Marine and back from Iraq and was clearly shaken as he felt back in the war zone.

This isn't Kansas. No "LOSER" is going to get a permit. They are just going to carry anyway. I have NO issue with legal gun owners.

Last edited by 1AngryTaxPayer; 11-23-2014 at 06:26 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2014, 02:18 PM

3,698 posts, read 1,362,626 times
You have no evidence the gun toting road rager in the above described incident would not be carrying said weapon legally with relaxed ccw laws.

Thats the thing with feverish pro gun lobbyists who constantly provide paranoid abecdotal stories about how they feel threatened hecause they cant have their guns to protect them from the villains all around them.

You just dont see the obvious. To the rest of us the crazy guy with the gun who is a threat is YOU.

The sandy hook shooter, his mom was the gun nut right? You dont think he was also raised with the nra meme of the more guns the safer we are? He just didnt nred to own his own the family had plenty.

As Henry Rollins said guns are tools of the weak and it takes an idiot to deny that if sif we all carried guns then the tools we would have to solve all of our probkems would not be our wits but guns.

If you must have the gun to feel safe then "tick tick tick...".

Old 12-03-2014, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phinneas j. whoopee View Post
You have no evidence the gun toting road rager in the above described incident would not be carrying said weapon legally with relaxed ccw laws.

Thats the thing with feverish pro gun lobbyists who constantly provide paranoid abecdotal stories about how they feel threatened hecause they cant have their guns to protect them from the villains all around them.

You just dont see the obvious. To the rest of us the crazy guy with the gun who is a threat is YOU.

The sandy hook shooter, his mom was the gun nut right? You dont think he was also raised with the nra meme of the more guns the safer we are? He just didnt nred to own his own the family had plenty.

As Henry Rollins said guns are tools of the weak and it takes an idiot to deny that if sif we all carried guns then the tools we would have to solve all of our probkems would not be our wits but guns.

If you must have the gun to feel safe then "tick tick tick...".
Over 30% of Americans own a firearm. That's a lot of people to be afraid of if someone owning a legal firearm scares you.

Do Police and armed forces scare you too? They are, as it boils down, just another person with a legal firearm when they are off duty.

Personally, I own firearms because a gun makes it easier to kill a Deer than say, a rock. Now that said, carrying a long gun around isn't legal anymore in City limits so if the only way I can carry large amounts of cash to the bank armed is a CCW so be it. Currently carrying large amounts of cash in a shady hood isn't reason enough for them to issue a CCW. If you ask them the only reason you need a CCW is if you are LE.

Old 12-03-2014, 05:13 PM

39 posts, read 51,258 times
Time to ban guns.

Old 12-03-2014, 05:31 PM

1,285 posts, read 1,394,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aboveordinary View Post
I think a lot of these people feel powerful carrying guns around to the store and everywhere they go. They feel like a cop without a badge. The chances of someone coming into your Wal Mart and shooting are really low. I think it is a combination of feeling powerful and paranoia.
Some people are like that but most aren't. I like the feeling of security with one. Odds are I'll never need to use it but if I do it's there. Chances are your house will never burn down or your airbag will never go off either.

It's strange that the same politicians demonizing gun owners let so much real danger slip by. They let criminals and psychopaths loose, the border might as well be nonexistent and our cities are the most violent in the developed world yet they're "concerned" about us? Sounds more like an attack on a certain demographic of people rather than a genuine concern for "safety."

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...nken/?page=all

Last edited by joeyg2014; 12-03-2014 at 06:31 PM..

Old 12-03-2014, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Over 30% of Americans own a firearm. That's a lot of people to be afraid of if someone owning a legal firearm scares you.

Do Police and armed forces scare you too? They are, as it boils down, just another person with a legal firearm when they are off duty.

Personally, I own firearms because a gun makes it easier to kill a Deer than say, a rock. Now that said, carrying a long gun around isn't legal anymore in City limits so if the only way I can carry large amounts of cash to the bank armed is a CCW so be it. Currently carrying large amounts of cash in a shady hood isn't reason enough for them to issue a CCW. If you ask them the only reason you need a CCW is if you are LE.
I never said anything about myself being scared of people with guns and it seems implying so is a way to portray me as milquetoast. Cheap debate tactic.
As for deer hunting that is miles away from this discussion which is about ccw. Not a bolt action 30-06 or a lever action winchester .30 cal.
The most strict gun control advocates rarely even discuss banning hunting firearms.

I would like to see you address this: If everyone carried guns how would we all be safer from crime and violence? How is this possible? Isnt the truth that you expect only a select few to carry guns including yourself thus you would feel secure knowing you had more power than the average citizen?

Old 12-03-2014, 10:09 PM

1,285 posts, read 1,394,538 times
Quote:
I never said anything about myself being scared of people with guns and it seems implying so is a way to portray me as milquetoast. Cheap debate tactic.
As for deer hunting that is miles away from this discussion which is about ccw. Not a bolt action 30-06 or a lever action winchester .30 cal.
The most strict gun control advocates rarely even discuss banning hunting firearms.

I would like to see you address this: If everyone carried guns how would we all be safer from crime and violence? How is this possible? Isnt the truth that you expect only a select few to carry guns including yourself thus you would feel secure knowing you had more power than the average citizen?
Wyoming has a high rate of gun ownership of over 50% and yet its safe. Montana, North Dakota, Maine all have high gun ownership and they're safe places. Clearly there are places where a high number of households have guns and the state remains a very safe place to live.

If liberals are so intent on stopping gun violence lock up your gangster pets rather than pamper them. The media and entertainment industry villifying gun owners should quit glorifying sadism as well. The politicians mentioning "safety" should also shut their mouths until they work on the border and our open door policy for every 3rd world nation on earth. Perhaps some real results would be seen for once if you focused on what it actually is that making this nation unsafe rather than deflecting it onto people who are doing absolutely nothing wrong.

Last edited by joeyg2014; 12-03-2014 at 10:28 PM..

Old 12-04-2014, 03:07 AM

It neednt be said that citing the least populous states in the union as being "safe" with unrelated associations with gun ownership has absolutely no more relevance to this discussion (about ccw regulations in san diego) than comparing the weather in Wyoming or Montana with SoCal.

I might even add those are all states where hunting is still a common practice in the general population and I would bet if you looked at the details of their ownership the vast majority are hunting rifles and shotguns and ccw permits are a rarity.

And we're not trying to vilify YOU its your guns that are the problem. Get rid of all of them except the rifle and shotgun you hunt with. No more handguns at all. Theyre only for shooting people we dont do that to solve problems any more. All your friends can have their assault rifles which serve no good but letting them indulge their Rambo fantasies melted down and replaced with plastic toys that make that "rat a tat tat" sound. We know thats what its about, coveting an arsenal and talk about what they will do when SHTF. Most are waiting for an opportunity to have a day of glory legally gunning down waves of bad guys of some variety- as often as not minorities or some group they dislike or fear. What other possible use would a civilian have for an AR-15?

If those are the arguments gun proliferation proponents bring to the debate don't expect to win over any audience with an education.

(BTW not a liberal or conservative. Voted for Bush in 2004 support the Iraq war etc.)

Last edited by phinneas j. whoopee; 12-04-2014 at 03:23 AM..

Old 12-04-2014, 06:24 AM

1,095 posts, read 1,631,062 times
But...but I need an AR-15 to protect myself from the big bad government. I know that argument is going to come up eventually.

Old 12-04-2014, 07:29 AM

Quote:

Felons cannot have a weapon but you already knew that.

Quote:
It neednt be said that citing the least populous states in the union as being "safe" with unrelated associations with gun ownership has absolutely no more relevance to this discussion (about ccw regulations in san diego) than comparing the weather in Wyoming or Montana with SoCal.

I might even add those are all states where hunting is still a common practice in the general population and I would bet if you looked at the details of their ownership the vast majority are hunting rifles and shotguns and ccw permits are a rarity.

And we're not trying to vilify YOU its your guns that are the problem. Get rid of all of them except the rifle and shotgun you hunt with. No more handguns at all. Theyre only for shooting people we dont do that to solve problems any more. All your friends can have their assault rifles which serve no good but letting them indulge their Rambo fantasies melted down and replaced with plastic toys that make that "rat a tat tat" sound. We know thats what its about, coveting an arsenal and talk about what they will do when SHTF. Most are waiting for an opportunity to have a day of glory legally gunning down waves of bad guys of some variety- as often as not minorities or some group they dislike or fear. What other possible use would a civilian have for an AR-15?

If those are the arguments gun proliferation proponents bring to the debate don't expect to win over any audience with an education.

(BTW not a liberal or conservative. Voted for Bush in 2004 support the Iraq war etc.)
The AR is one of the most popular HUNTING rifles of today and growing in popularity. First you say you want to ban only handguns then you shift straight over to the AR? Why are you afraid of an inanimate object?
Do you think criminals quit committing crime if they can't have a weapon? So long as criminals can carry I'll be glad I can too.

Did you know you can make an AR out of sheet metal in your garage? How do you "ban" something you can make? An 80% lower is still legal to own and there is no way anyone can track those. Impossible.

Banning guns? Not in 100 years if you started today. How is Chicago doing with their handgun ban?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego