Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-08-2014, 03:16 PM

6,496 posts, read 7,523,645 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenkay View Post
I'm such a wuss now that I'm doing chemo and have to nap a lot in the afternoons. I bought a portable AC for this summer just because of all that and now I usually have it in from about 2-6. Before this I never really felt like I needed one because I was always at work to the beach or the park during the hottest part of the day
Good luck with what you are going through Jenkay. Anybody doing chemo is no wuss.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2014, 09:45 AM

815 posts, read 2,698,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shmoov_groovzsd View Post
SD is apparently not on topping many lists for international buyers except Mexicans.

International homebuyers have their eyes on San Diego, but people some countries are more interested than others, according to a new report from the National Association of Realtors. | UTSanDiego.com

Back to the OP, weather has been outstanding since we broke the mugginess
When the humidity broke and that ocean breeze kicked in I was like FINALLY! Unfortunately, the off and on humidity/monsoonal influence will be lurking around through September so I'm sure we haven't seen the end of it yet (feels pretty muggy right now at 8:45am in Unv Heights) Another 6 or 7 weeks and we're home free!
When I was a kid this kind of humidity was pretty much unheard of. The only mugginess we received was directly flowing in from the ocean. But now this gunky monsoonal flow from the southeast is pretty much a yearly occurrence.

Last edited by cityx; 08-09-2014 at 09:54 AM..

Old 08-12-2014, 12:34 AM

5,291 posts, read 12,734,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenkay View Post
I'm such a wuss now that I'm doing chemo and have to nap a lot in the afternoons. I bought a portable AC for this summer just because of all that and now I usually have it in from about 2-6. Before this I never really felt like I needed one because I was always at work to the beach or the park during the hottest part of the day
Not a wuss at all....Didn't it make sleeping during last week's heat feel better? And even though you only really need it for a total of about 3 weeks during the summer, it makes being at home much more comfortable. Lastly, Good luck with the chemo.

Old 08-12-2014, 12:39 AM

5,291 posts, read 12,734,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cityx View Post
When the humidity broke and that ocean breeze kicked in I was like FINALLY! Unfortunately, the off and on humidity/monsoonal influence will be lurking around through September so I'm sure we haven't seen the end of it yet (feels pretty muggy right now at 8:45am in Unv Heights) Another 6 or 7 weeks and we're home free!
When I was a kid this kind of humidity was pretty much unheard of. The only mugginess we received was directly flowing in from the ocean. But now this gunky monsoonal flow from the southeast is pretty much a yearly occurrence.
What's strange is how we are still getting humidity without hurricane remnants to our south. Still loving the warm ocean water!

Old 08-13-2014, 11:29 AM

4,630 posts, read 10,270,138 times
Mugginess broke today...feeling great

Old 08-13-2014, 09:21 PM

1,095 posts, read 1,630,470 times
I hope we get a stronger El Nino this winter than predicted because we need the rain.

Old 08-20-2014, 08:54 AM

Default Hurricanes??

This morning it was raining buckets near Mira Mesa.
The summer rainy pattern here (which is basically what it has become now) is indicative of a warming in sea temperature which maintains the humid airflow from the Gulf of CA and the Southern Pacific. If this trend continues (with the sea temperature continuing to warm) it increases the likelihood of tropical storms here between July and September. Worst case scenario is that in 20 years or less Southern CA could be subject to receiving hurricane-like weather systems as the warmer ocean waters support a more northerly trajectory of these weather disturbances.

Old 08-20-2014, 09:18 AM

321 posts, read 540,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cityx View Post
This morning it was raining buckets near Mira Mesa.
The summer rainy pattern here (which is basically what it has become now) is indicative of a warming in sea temperature which maintains the humid airflow from the Gulf of CA and the Southern Pacific. If this trend continues (with the sea temperature continuing to warm) it increases the likelihood of tropical storms here between July and September. Worst case scenario is that in 20 years or less Southern CA could be subject to receiving hurricane-like weather systems as the warmer ocean waters support a more northerly trajectory of these weather disturbances.
0.05 inches since June 1 is a summer rainy pattern?

Weather History for San Diego, CA | Weather Underground

Old 08-20-2014, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdjimbob View Post
0.05 inches since June 1 is a summer rainy pattern?

Weather History for San Diego, CA | Weather Underground
#1 - I love how every time someone speaks in detail regarding climate or climate-change someone always sends the weather data link lol.
#2- Compared to SoCal's historically bone-dry summers (no to mention the relatively dry winters) this indeed is a summer rainy season. It's all about context and long-term trends.

Old 08-20-2014, 10:29 AM

3,455 posts, read 8,340,191 times
the thunder here was incredible I have never heard that in CA before. car alarms in the street were going off, and it was sunny...

in carlsbad
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego