Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2014, 06:03 PM

18 posts, read 36,946 times

Advertisements

Hi all,

I am considering a move to San Diego and was just wondering if there were particular high-rise/mid-rise apartment buildings that you have heard good things about? My budget is quite flexible - I suppose I am basically trying to identify the nicest buildings in the downtown area. I have heard a little bit about Strata, Deca, Domain, and Current - I am just wondering if anyone knows of any others.

Any advice would be very much appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2014, 09:04 PM

7,242 posts, read 7,871,944 times
Nicest is subjective but maybe we can start with what your budget is because, as you will probably find out, how much you have to spend is key in San Diego. It's a highly desirable place which attracts a lot of very wealthy people so, supply and demand, tell us about your budget, which things you value most (hopefully in descending order) and hopefully we can help you figure out which areas work best.

Old 05-12-2014, 09:15 PM

15,109 posts, read 32,123,578 times
What area of San Diego is your job in? How far do you want to commute?

Old 05-12-2014, 10:50 PM

18 posts, read 36,946 times
Hello. I run my own business from home so commute is not an issue. I can spend up to $5,000 a month. I am generally looking for a newer high-rise building with amenities in an area downtown with a younger crowd (I am 28). I have heard the East Village area is one good option.

Old 05-13-2014, 01:14 AM

815 posts, read 2,687,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuiteConfused View Post
Hi all,

I am considering a move to San Diego and was just wondering if there were particular high-rise/mid-rise apartment buildings that you have heard good things about? My budget is quite flexible - I suppose I am basically trying to identify the nicest buildings in the downtown area.
Brag much?

Old 05-13-2014, 11:27 AM

3,545 posts, read 6,000,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cityx View Post
Brag much?
Jealous much? Dude's just asking for what he's looking for.

Old 05-13-2014, 06:26 PM

4,630 posts, read 10,232,264 times
Quote:
Hi all,

I am considering a move to San Diego and was just wondering if there were particular high-rise/mid-rise apartment buildings that you have heard good things about? My budget is quite flexible - I suppose I am basically trying to identify the nicest buildings in the downtown area. I have heard a little bit about Strata, Deca, Domain, and Current - I am just wondering if anyone knows of any others.

Strata is about the only real luxury high rise and in terms of professionally managed, about the best your money will go outside of renting a condo/townhome.

There is also Vantage Point which is tall but a bit far from where its happening in East Village.

Aria is right across the street from Strata. Its tall and has a lap pool (more like for a surf or small dog though.) Not very impressive floor plans but good location.

You may want to look for renting a condo. There are WAY more condos than apartments for rent available downtown.

Old 05-13-2014, 11:54 PM

4,294 posts, read 4,385,210 times
I just visited several of these places. The Strata is beautiful but the pool is way too small for the asking price. Most of these places are located downtown (less than desirable location) and Little Italy which has numerous noise issues.

SD is a place to own a home. Apartment rentals go from low end to just average.

Rents range from 1,200 to 2,700.

Old 05-14-2014, 01:19 AM

5,291 posts, read 12,687,801 times
Quote:
Hi all,

With that budget of $5K a month, you might want to check out some condo rentals. Here's a listing site to check out. The higher the page, the nicer they get.

Downtown San Diego Rentals, Apartments, Condos & Lofts For Rent

Old 05-14-2014, 02:25 PM

815 posts, read 2,687,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenkay View Post
Jealous much? Dude's just asking for what he's looking for.
Then he/she needs to find a top notch realtor since money is no object. True right??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego