Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-24-2014, 09:48 AM

1 posts, read 1,872 times

Advertisements

I have a Hyundai Santa Fe 2007

About 18 months ago my car dashboard started flashing and the car started loosing power until it died while driving it all took a few minutes. We replaced the alternator and it was good to go. Then about 8 months ago we had to replace the battery.

Yesterday the dashboard once again started flashing and the car died while driving? Could it be the alternator once again?
Towed it home since it was night time and this morning hooked up the battery to a charger and the car turned on right away, but once it was disconnected, it died within seconds. Connected the battery for a few minutes and then disconnected it, this time it ran for a few minutes before all the lights started dimming and the car once again died.

Could I need a new battery? It's only 8 months old? Still under warranty.

My kids also had left a light on in the car the night before, but wouldn't the car charge while driving earlier in the day?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2014, 10:06 AM

9,822 posts, read 11,546,362 times
Yes it could be the battery, take it back were you bought it from and have them check it out.
Also you posted this in the wrong forum the mods will move it for you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego