Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2014, 03:40 PM

686 posts, read 1,138,092 times

Advertisements

As usual, Bloom is correct. San Diego is very middle of the road, actually almost exactly the same as Honolulu. Not as liberal as San Francisco or Los Angeles but more liberal than San Jose, Sacramento, or Long Beach.

Daily chart: Urban ideologies | The Economist

The current GOP mayor had to significantly moderate his parties views to win election in San Diego and the populace swung back the pendulum after electing Bob Filner who was progressive but had extremely poor personal character.

It does sound like the "Not Welcome" poster may enjoy Mesa, Arizona. Good luck there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2014, 05:44 PM

6,893 posts, read 8,934,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaiian at Heart View Post
I stand by my original - not WELCOME.
it doesn't sound like you would feel welcome here in sd and you're not liberal

Old 11-16-2014, 10:02 AM

Quote:
You are correct, I am not a, ptuey, liberal. Anyone who calls Conservatives "Crazy Conservatives" is not going to find SDO welcoming.
Do you think you will feel welcomed in SD?

Old 11-16-2014, 11:55 AM

Quote:
I have lived in San Diego, back in the late 70's, and it was a great experience. A great town, not yet bespoiled by Looney Liberals. Let's keep it that way.
Go Bolts!!
Your attitude seems one of unwelcomed disrespect for current day SD.
SD welcomes both respectful ends of the political spectrum, thought the more moderating ends the better, including treasonous rascists tea party gop'ers, as well as reactionary lefties.

Old 11-16-2014, 12:13 PM

8,483 posts, read 6,889,316 times
Looney Liberals? Seriously the greater San Diego area is one of the most conservative places in the state.

Old 11-16-2014, 02:48 PM

Quote:
The gross extremity of your dialogue renders you mute. My position stands. Welcoming liberals is like welcoming Small Pox - to be avoided at all costs. San Diego is far too great of a city and mindset to be allowed to be destroyed by more liberals. Shun them at every turn, as they would shun a conservative in their midst. Let NOT SDO turn into Detroit by the Sea. Unwelcome, IMO. Santa Monica is a far better fit.
This above is a nominee for most ludicrous post of the year.
Your thoughtful views are certainly in contrast to other's gross extremity.
Lol.
Your attitude seems one of unwelcomed disrespect for current day SD, Detroit, and Santa Monica.

Last edited by bloom; 11-16-2014 at 02:57 PM..

Old 11-16-2014, 06:16 PM

686 posts, read 1,138,092 times
While the Tea Party may not be a racist movement, it has been bastion for racism and a meeting place for racists. There is no denying that. Some of these people are part of Neo-Nazi groups, some are brainwashed by Fox News to hate Obama because he is Black and some are just lunatics. Given that there is no central leadership for the Tea Party, there has been no one to answer to these racists.

There is also non denying that San Diego is now a majority non white city and has changed greatly since the 1970s when you were there last. If you look at the greatest areas of this nation, cities like San Francisco, New York, Boston and even Houston (majority democratic with a lesbian mayor), you are looking at the economic powerhouses of the nation. Crazy tea party policies have FAILED in Kansas. Look up tea partier Brownback and what has happened there. I'd also be happy to talk about Sarah Palin and Michelle Bachmann and I think treasonous could apply to those two.

I stand by my quote that you will be much happier in Mesa, Arizona. You may be OK for a few more years in North County San Diego or Orange County but the demographics are not on your side. Thank goodness and don't let the door hit your *ss on the way out.

Old 11-16-2014, 06:24 PM

Quote:

I don't have respect.

There is no racism at all in the TEA party.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego