U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2007, 12:03 PM

13 posts, read 44,598 times

Advertisements

Hi. I would like to know why is everybody like, do not live there it is very bad area, high crime etc. I was there for almost 4 months and never seen anything dangerous like some gangs or something like it. Ok maybe there is a lot of car thiefs but that is all. So how you divides areas on bad and good ones? Or was I so lucky and lived in some good part of Mira Mesa?

Also I would like to know, what do u think about Mira Mesa High School?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2007, 03:11 PM

840 posts, read 5,650,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maikl View Post
Hi. I would like to know why is everybody like, do not live there it is very bad area, high crime etc. I was there for almost 4 months and never seen anything dangerous like some gangs or something like it. Ok maybe there is a lot of car thiefs but that is all. So how you divides areas on bad and good ones? Or was I so lucky and lived in some good part of Mira Mesa?

Also I would like to know, what do u think about Mira Mesa High School?
It might not be in your direct area, but Mira Mesa reported more gang crimes than SESD. That's why it's getting a bad rep.

Old 12-20-2007, 04:54 PM

475 posts, read 1,641,406 times
To me it always seems kind of "sterile", very flat, lots of strip malls. It doesn't really have the San Diego feel about it for some reason.

Old 12-20-2007, 08:17 PM

52 posts, read 202,860 times
I dont really see why someone would think its a dangerous area...its very stripmalia, reminds me a little of the bay area

Old 12-21-2007, 01:41 PM

840 posts, read 5,650,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joker32 View Post
I dont really see why someone would think its a dangerous area...its very stripmalia, reminds me a little of the bay area
It really isn't dangerous, just has a bad rep.

Old 12-22-2007, 10:32 PM

1,412 posts, read 2,558,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkoz View Post
To me it always seems kind of "sterile", very flat, lots of strip malls. It doesn't really have the San Diego feel about it for some reason.
Sterile, flat, and strip malls? That's exactly the San Diego feel!

Old 12-23-2007, 11:13 PM

74 posts, read 311,179 times
My kids and I used to play ice hockey in Mira Mesa (San Diego Ice Arena, Galvin Avenue) which is just off of Mira Mesa Blvd and Westview Parkway. The arena really grew up about 5 years ago when they built a Best Buy on Westview Parkway and the strip mall south of Mira Mesa along Westview parkway. Traffic was bad enough before now it is a pain in the ass. It is an alright area but I never thought it was special.

Old 12-24-2007, 05:02 PM

6,024 posts, read 10,440,792 times
We used to call it Manilla Mesa back when I lived in east SaigonDiego !

Old 12-25-2007, 12:58 AM

7 posts, read 35,581 times
I lived on the west side of Manila mesa, fortunately for me. anything east of me, traffic wise, was ridiculous at peak hours. the lights that are abundant at the strip mall locations are not "smart", hence backing up traffic leading in to the parking lots of the strip malls, particularly manila mesa mall.

I would not recommend living here, purely for the traffic matter, unless you get your rocks off sitting in traffic.

mira mesa blvd. was also a haven for street racers back in the late 90's. since that street is 3 lanes wide, people sometimes ignore the speed limit of 50mph.

Old 12-25-2007, 12:48 PM

3,002 posts, read 12,427,738 times
Miras Mesa is not dangerous!. Blue collar, uneventful, older, full of bored middle class teens...maybe, but not dangerous.

Move to DC, Philly, Southeast Dallas, South Central LA....that's dangerous.

Mira Mesa has a bad rap because it is the place almost everyone 'started out' in San Diego back in the 70s and 80s. Inexpensive homes, decent schools, accessible. But nothing exciting. Moving out of Mira Mesa began to be a given as you became more successful.....normally you'd move to Rancho PQ, Scripps Ranch, RB, etc. I think Mira Mesa is one of the best starter home areas in San Diego.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2013 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $99,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego