Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2014, 08:01 PM

4,630 posts, read 10,273,184 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgb123 View Post
oh yes to clarify --- the place in North Park is a condo, brand spanking new.

the place in lajolla is a little cottage built probably in the 40's lol

The place I chose in North Park would be around $4000 in Lajolla I believe...

so yeah, I went with 'shiny and new' in not so shiny neighborhood, at least not yet lol
Oh awesome. I didnt see that you actually settled on a place. Thats great. Glad to hear to see you mixing it up around the county with your living spaces and getting different feels.

It will be a nice change I am sure. Good luck!

Last edited by shmoov_groovzsd; 08-23-2014 at 08:56 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2014, 08:43 PM

3,455 posts, read 8,342,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenkay View Post
Hah, in 20 years mine hasn't been broken into once. Either I'm extremely lucky or you're extremely unlucky!

Also, you can also cycle downtown and take the ferry to Coronado, which is great because you get the extra fun of the ferry ride too!

I like to ride the route you described to OB, hang out at the beach, then ride to Fathom on shelter island for a tasty beverage, then back down the harbor drive bike path to downtown and back up through Golden Hill. Man, I can't wait until I can spend all day on my bike again!
all right...any chance one of you could share a map of these routes? about how long? paved and some trails? love it.

Old 08-23-2014, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmoov_groovzsd View Post
Agreed. We were in La Jolla today and it was awful from Prospect to LJ Shores Dr. Prospect I expect but even out to LJ Village it was unusually bad.
ha my dad and I were just discussing how bad the drivers were today, he said it was that bad in illinois today too hmmm.

I had to go all the way to south bay from carlsbad today ...so I was all over too and even made the mistake of stopping at costco in mission valley at 2pm on a saturday ...shudder

Old 08-23-2014, 10:41 PM

8 posts, read 42,107 times
Default bike routes

Quote:
all right...any chance one of you could share a map of these routes? about how long? paved and some trails? love it.
Here's the bike route I take from Hillcrest to Mission Beach (all paved):

www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=6417196

(To get to OB you'd just stay on the path that parallels the 8 rather than veering across the SD River.)

It's all basically residential streets and bike paths except for a very short stretch of Taylor Street -- I'm pretty novice but never feel unsafe going this way. Probably the "worst" stretch is University Avenue, but that part of University has not-as-heavy traffic and lots of cyclists use it, so not too bad. As has been discussed here, they're talking about putting protected bike lanes on University all the way through Hillcrest, which would help coming from North Park. As it stands now there's really no ideal way to get across the 163 on a bike, at least that I'm aware of...

Connecting Mission Hills to Old Town, lots of people take Presidio St. instead of Juan St., but I find the ascent up Juan St. to be the most gradual and least taxing.

Old 08-23-2014, 10:45 PM

5,291 posts, read 12,737,271 times
Quote:
oh yes to clarify --- the place in North Park is a condo, brand spanking new.

the place in lajolla is a little cottage built probably in the 40's lol

The place I chose in North Park would be around $4000 in Lajolla I believe...

so yeah, I went with 'shiny and new' in not so shiny neighborhood, at least not yet lol
I follow developments in North Park quite closely, are you talking about The North Parker?

Old 08-23-2014, 11:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drabwastrel View Post
Here's the bike route I take from Hillcrest to Mission Beach (all paved):

www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=6417196

(To get to OB you'd just stay on the path that parallels the 8 rather than veering across the SD River.)

It's all basically residential streets and bike paths except for a very short stretch of Taylor Street -- I'm pretty novice but never feel unsafe going this way. Probably the "worst" stretch is University Avenue, but that part of University has not-as-heavy traffic and lots of cyclists use it, so not too bad. As has been discussed here, they're talking about putting protected bike lanes on University all the way through Hillcrest, which would help coming from North Park. As it stands now there's really no ideal way to get across the 163 on a bike, at least that I'm aware of...

Connecting Mission Hills to Old Town, lots of people take Presidio St. instead of Juan St., but I find the ascent up Juan St. to be the most gradual and least taxing.
thank you I will check this out, even if its not perfect I appreciate your time to give me a clue

Old 08-23-2014, 11:25 PM

9,807 posts, read 11,139,459 times
I was at the La Jolla cove today too...whoa did it go downhill or what? Disgusting restrooms, unkempt grass, construction. Not what I remembered.

Old 08-23-2014, 11:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdurbanite View Post
I follow developments in North Park quite closely, are you talking about The North Parker?
I'll dm you

Old 08-23-2014, 11:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvSouthOC View Post
I was at the La Jolla cove today too...whoa did it go downhill or what? Disgusting restrooms, unkempt grass, construction. Not what I remembered.
I haven't been in the restrooms..ugh lol. It's the end of summer I Think people have given up. I jog by the porto potties at the beach in Carlsbad and I want to keel over, can't beleive anyone uses them.

la jolla cove, does unfortunately smell bad. just anyway cause of the seals I Guess.

The cottage was by Wind and Sea beach, it was very lovely (the beach) the cottage, meh.

Old 08-24-2014, 02:13 PM

4,630 posts, read 10,273,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvSouthOC View Post
We were there yesterday. The grass looked like normal wear and tear for end of summer.

The lifeguard towers/bathrooms I think are being redone? At least the south side end is near Horseshoe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego