Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2014, 03:29 PM

6,504 posts, read 7,536,063 times

Advertisements

Korean food stand at the Zion Market on Clairemont Mesa Blvd which I beleive used to be a K-Mart. The Zion Market is the Korean version of the 99 Ranch mentioned above, 99 Ranch being more Chinese-centric. The super market is huge and the food court/mall is a great place to grab a bite for lunch. They have different asian food stands from Korean, Vietnamese, Chinese, Sushi, Japanse and even a nice bakery called Paris Baguette which apparently is a chain from Korea.
http://www.theguardian.com/world/201...-french-bakery

Best seat in the house is next to the bear playing the grand piano . I wish I would have got a warm bowl of soup since today is perfect soup day but my meal was still good.

Last edited by malcorub16; 12-03-2014 at 03:38 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2014, 01:02 AM

5,291 posts, read 12,739,493 times
^^that bear playing piano is creepy lol

Been cruising North Park most recently.....City Tacos, Sipz, Berkeley Pizza. Most recently dined at The Patio in Mission Hills. Great space!

Old 12-05-2014, 01:08 AM

5,291 posts, read 12,739,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosa surf View Post
Plumeria- great vegetarian Thai restaurant in North Park.
Love that place, also but I think you mean University Heights. Same owner is opening another place (Chi Kitchen) on Adams Ave, across the street from Cafe 21

University Heights New Business Additions - I Heart 92116

Old 12-19-2014, 03:40 PM

6,504 posts, read 7,536,063 times
^^^ Me and a group of friends went for some beers at Small Bar. San Diego, CA in Univ Heights and then proceeded to walked over to El Zarape El Zarape - University Heights - San Diego, CA | Yelp for some burritos. I think I've mentioned it on another thread that the Wasabe Burrito (fried shrimp, lettuce, horse radish sause) at El Zarape is baller. And the beer selection at Small Bar is second to none, I think I counted about 45 tap handles. They have a kitchen as well but I have yet to try anything. Small Bar was very crowded but lightened up at about 10PM after a party bus came and picked up half the people in the bar, thank goodness.

Anyhow, as we were eating at El Zarape I noticed Plumeria is right accross the street. I am not vegitarian, but I shall have to check this place out as I tend to be in this area from time to time.

Old 12-19-2014, 03:47 PM

440 posts, read 534,186 times
We were in town for a few days earlier this month and ate at:

Pizza Nova - OK but not quite as good as we remembered
Hodad's OB - great burgers, fries, and malt - as good as we remembered
Old Town Mexican Cafe - OK, filled with football fans (the night of the Patriot's game)
World Famous PB - excellent salads and good table overlooking the boardwalk
Buon Appetito - OK but nothing special; also not as good as we remembered
C Level - great table and service, nice food

We also got sandwiches from Von's in La Jolla but I don't think that counts as eating out. I was somewhat surprised by the eclectic locals hanging around the entrance.

Old 12-19-2014, 05:47 PM

6,893 posts, read 8,935,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatWarmer View Post
We were in town for a few days earlier this month and ate at:

Pizza Nova - OK but not quite as good as we remembered
Hodad's OB - great burgers, fries, and malt - as good as we remembered
Old Town Mexican Cafe - OK, filled with football fans (the night of the Patriot's game)
World Famous PB - excellent salads and good table overlooking the boardwalk
Buon Appetito - OK but nothing special; also not as good as we remembered
C Level - great table and service, nice food

We also got sandwiches from Von's in La Jolla but I don't think that counts as eating out. I was somewhat surprised by the eclectic locals hanging around the entrance.
Pizza Nova is bleh, as much better options including East Coast Pizza, Lefty's, Berkley's, Sicilian Thing, Bronx, NY Giant (miramesa)
Buon Appetito and the rest of the local franchise is mediocre at best.
I feel bloated after Hodads, greasy - not wanting to go back. Better is Burger Lounge and In-n-Out.

Old 12-20-2014, 06:11 PM

6,420 posts, read 11,596,094 times
We had lunch at Cafe 94 in Potrero (at the Twin Lakes RV Park). Food was OK, which is a great improvement over the restaurant that was there before. It's SYSCO, so nothing special. I had the kids chicken fingers meal, which was enough for two kids at least. DH had eggs and home fried potatoes. He commented his potatoes were a touch on the raw side. We had had dinner here on a previous trip. I had chicken tostada, which was quite good. DH had a hamburger which he said was OK.

Old 12-20-2014, 06:49 PM

50,288 posts, read 47,043,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oddstray View Post
We had lunch at Cafe 94 in Potrero (at the Twin Lakes RV Park). Food was OK, which is a great improvement over the restaurant that was there before. It's SYSCO, so nothing special. I had the kids chicken fingers meal, which was enough for two kids at least. DH had eggs and home fried potatoes. He commented his potatoes were a touch on the raw side. We had had dinner here on a previous trip. I had chicken tostada, which was quite good. DH had a hamburger which he said was OK.
Did you camp there? If so, how was the noise at night? Tecate can get LOUD.

Old 12-21-2014, 09:29 AM

6,420 posts, read 11,596,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Did you camp there? If so, how was the noise at night? Tecate can get LOUD.
We camped at Potrero County Park. It's pretty quiet, except when the dogs get to barking (which typically isn't during the night). Then we drove down to a border parking lot, and walked in to Tecate.

There is additional security on both sides of the crossing for pedestrians. A luggage scanner going into Mexico, which the agent didn't request that we use (for my purse). And a passageway on the Mexican side heading north. And past the border, as we were leaving the facility, a luggage scanner which the agent asked me to run my purse through.

Lunch in Tecate was way more better than Cafe 94, but it's not in San Diego/Imperial. Tacos SabBullBoxer31, next to the Cali-Max. It's one of our favorite places in Tecate.

Old 12-21-2014, 10:49 AM

1,052 posts, read 798,954 times
Underbelly in Little Italy for ramen and beer. Good ramen. Great craft beer! Housed in an interesting building. Industrial chic meets al fresco dining.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego