Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-18-2014, 01:58 AM

72 posts, read 148,728 times

Advertisements

Hello fellow sweaty San Diego people,

I bought a fixer house in Fallbrook 2 years ago and have managed to avoid the fact that the air-conditioner dedicated to the entire upstairs of the house is too small and does not work well. It has been serviced twice under home warranty (which we were dumped from after a year of the previous owners falling apart everything) and both technicians said we needed a bigger and newer unit, additional ducting, and that this would also save us money as the unit is 13 years old.
We have been playing upstairs downstairs during this latest revolting sweaty sticky heat wave, and have decided for the sake of our red faced, panting guests that we will fix the bigger upstairs air conditioning. However, we don't know too many people here and need recommendations for honest good HVAC companies that are willing to come to Fallbrook.
Also, might I just gripe that SDGE has some of the higher electric rates at ever encountered and I've lived in New York, Chicago, and Los Angeles. It seems if one so much as farts one is in tier4 if one has a house. Last month my bill was $300 and I ran the downstairs smaller air conditioner for four nights only. Can't wait to see what September brings I may have to take out a second mortgage to pay my electricity bill! So I definitely want a more efficient air-conditioner....hell if I could afford solar, life would be a breeze!!

Thanks for the advice and I hope everyone is staying nice and cool tonight looks like a mini break before the next confused and lost Mexican hurricane waddles up the peninsula at the end of next week.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2014, 06:17 AM

20,834 posts, read 17,091,022 times
If you are able to add solar on part of your roof or property now would be a good time to consider it to handle both the air conditioning tie in and a steady way to manage SDGE bills. There are rebates, discounts and credits allowable. Sure you can call ABC company and get central air, but why not take advantage of the discounts and opportunities to really save some doe ray me.

Old 09-18-2014, 08:29 AM

9,807 posts, read 11,134,777 times
I recommend Stillman for ac and I'm pretty sure they'd go to Fallbrook. I've used them in North County.

Old 09-18-2014, 07:08 PM

24 posts, read 18,765 times
I used west coast heating and air for a full ac/heat and tankless system.. They did a good job and kept to the contract...
Rex

Old 09-19-2014, 01:28 AM

We want solar but not to rent, those are not good deals. However to buy it would seem to be 20 grand to get enough panels for house. That implies one has to be living in this house for a long period of time and were not sure about that yet. Does anyone have any numbers from solar companies?
Thanks!

Old 09-19-2014, 04:50 PM

Thanks for the AC recommendations will call both those people
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego