Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2014, 07:40 AM

50,276 posts, read 47,032,885 times

Advertisements

There is a lot of truth to this thread. My Mom has a good friend. Older woman, quiet and really nice. My Mom says she will NEVER ride with her again as she turns into a cursing maniac behind the wheel. Brake checks, the finger, the whole shabang.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2014, 08:58 AM

7,409 posts, read 6,550,878 times
I could be wrong, but I do not think I have ever heard of a road rage incident in my 12 years of living here.

Old 11-04-2014, 09:23 AM

1,447 posts, read 2,745,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elchevere View Post
I could be wrong, but I do not think I have ever heard of a road rage incident in my 12 years of living here.
There is a guy going on trial soon for a road rage assault in El Cajon.

Trial ordered for suspect in road-rage beating of elderly man | FOX5 San Diego

I hear of these incidents several times a year and have witnessed it on the road too. I guess it is normal for a major metropolitan area, but as others have said I don't think it is as bad here as it is in other cities.

Old 11-04-2014, 10:45 AM

7,409 posts, read 6,550,878 times
heck, when I lived in Orange County--OK, stuck up Newport Beach to be specific--I got flipped off and honked at when water droplets were spraying the car behind me as I was trying to clear off some bird crap from my windshield so I could see where I was driving....of course, being the prick that the driver behind me was only prompted me to keep my hand on the windshield wiper fluid about an extra 10 seconds longer than I had originally planned.

yet to encounter anything remotely close to that here in SD...I agree, it is lame--bordering on comatose--here compared to LA or OC.

Last edited by elchevere; 11-04-2014 at 11:47 AM..

Old 11-04-2014, 03:50 PM

12,566 posts, read 10,616,175 times
Quote:
heck, when I lived in Orange County--OK, stuck up Newport Beach to be specific--I got flipped off and honked at when water droplets were spraying the car behind me as I was trying to clear off some bird crap from my windshield so I could see where I was driving....of course, being the prick that the driver behind me was only prompted me to keep my hand on the windshield wiper fluid about an extra 10 seconds longer than I had originally planned.

yet to encounter anything remotely close to that here in SD...I agree, it is lame--bordering on comatose--here compared to LA or OC.
I used to carpool to work with a girl that would get completely bent out of shape when someone sprayed her car with windshield fluid. I never understood that. On top of it she drove a piece of crap.

Old 11-06-2014, 05:07 PM

129 posts, read 227,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malcorub16 View Post
jimhcom has over 6K posts but I have never seen him on the San Diego forum once, he likes to hang out in Politics and Controversy so of course he is going to come here to troll with this topic and call out our integrity as humans.

San Diegans drive fast and seem to less and less use their turn signals, but I have seen much more aggressive mean spirited driving at 50 MPH on the East Coast and in Chicago. People drive slower there but are outright angry on the road ways. People's driving habits here are nothing out of the ordinary except everyone hauls a$$.

I get annoyed with over courteous drivers in my home-state of Texas that turn their turn signal on a mile before turning and yield the right of way to the other driver excessively to the point where you are at a stop sign and neither car moves. I don't think this makes them better human beings.
Sorry he's right! there are a**holes on the road and tremendous amount of impatience I commute south to SD everyday on the 5 and 163 from North County..these a**hats risk other driver's lives unnecessarily drivers here are from EVERYWHERE (LA, Bay Area, East Coast, Florida and Texas) all bringing with them..yup! you guessed it.. their crummy driving habits.

Old 11-07-2014, 01:01 PM

6,795 posts, read 7,288,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raziel View Post
Sorry he's right! there are a**holes on the road and tremendous amount of impatience I commute south to SD everyday on the 5 and 163 from North County..these a**hats risk other driver's lives unnecessarily drivers here are from EVERYWHERE (LA, Bay Area, East Coast, Florida and Texas) all bringing with them..yup! you guessed it.. their crummy driving habits.
I suppose it depends on your commute, if you are going opposite of the crowds it is probably a cake walk, if you a are dealing with the 5 / 805 merge or the 15 your commute is probably totally different.

Old 11-07-2014, 02:04 PM

3,483 posts, read 6,263,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainbowHope View Post
I agree. San Diego is so much easier to drive in compared to the north east where I am from. There is a lot of aggression and road rage there. I am used to driving in Boston, and people are not as quick to let you merge into traffic or lane change. Middle fingers and seeing people swearing at each other is not unusual. Of course, not everyone is like that, but it was not uncommon to see.

Driving here is much easier, and people are much more tolerant. I have not had one middle finger or gesture since being here, and being new to 4-7 lane freeways I am not always in the correct lane. People have been nice about letting me merge in.

I think it just depends. If people think it is bad here they should go to DC or Boston!

Do not agree with ya, I lived in south bay for years. They like to cut your ass off at a drop of a hat

Old 11-07-2014, 02:05 PM

3,483 posts, read 6,263,377 times
Quote:

Take the 54 or the 805 into Bonita or Chula Vista much?

Old 11-07-2014, 02:21 PM

3,282 posts, read 3,793,334 times
Sorry to say it, but 99% of the times that someone in SD is driving like a major a** they have license plates from another state. I always check when someone is driving like a psycho, and sure enough, they are not CA plates.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego