Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2014, 09:47 AM

50,241 posts, read 46,997,454 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden_Monkey View Post
My neighbor leaves his door wide open whenever he is home. This would not be a big deal, except that he walks around nearly naked most of the time and is really overweight. My door faces directly into his, so it's terribly awkward.
egadsssss
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2014, 03:00 PM

2,634 posts, read 3,691,761 times
Quote:
My neighbor leaves his door wide open whenever he is home. This would not be a big deal, except that he walks around nearly naked most of the time and is really overweight. My door faces directly into his, so it's terribly awkward.
This is against the law. Contact your local police. The police will simply come out and tell him to keep his door closed. If your neighbor doesn't keep his door closed after that, he may be charged with criminal behavior. You absolutely should not have to put up with this. It is considered a type of flashing.

Old 12-07-2014, 03:22 PM

12,973 posts, read 15,793,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran66 View Post
This is against the law. Contact your local police. The police will simply come out and tell him to keep his door closed. If your neighbor doesn't keep his door closed after that, he may be charged with criminal behavior. You absolutely should not have to put up with this. It is considered a type of flashing.
Don't bet on it. The law varies widely and often requires an intent to arouse or such language.

I personally know of a situation where neighbors tried and failed to stop nude cavorting in a swimming pool.

Old 12-07-2014, 05:13 PM

701 posts, read 1,096,742 times
Quote:
Well, to be fair, when I say "nearly naked," I mean in a pair of shorts and no shirt... and a huge belly sticking out. Then he sits there all day yelling at football games on TV. It is by no means threatening or harassing or anything, just annoying and awkward.

Old 12-07-2014, 11:33 PM

Quote:
Well, to be fair, when I say "nearly naked," I mean in a pair of shorts and no shirt... and a huge belly sticking out. Then he sits there all day yelling at football games on TV. It is by no means threatening or harassing or anything, just annoying and awkward.

Oh yeah -- he can do that. Ever thought of moving?

Old 12-07-2014, 11:50 PM

5,864 posts, read 4,977,086 times
I leave my porch sliding door open all day except when no one is in the house. We have A.C. but we don't really ever need it. Admittedly during some of the heat waves this summer it was tempting.

Old 12-08-2014, 08:02 AM

701 posts, read 1,096,742 times
Quote:
Oh yeah -- he can do that. Ever thought of moving?
Yes, I hopefully will be. It doesn't happen as much during the cooler months.

I'm just kind of baffled at the fact that the guy doesn't seem to value privacy at all. Instead, he seems to hate it. I am thinking of buying some of those horse blinders for the few seconds every day where I'm entering or leaving my place.

Old 12-08-2014, 08:10 AM

14,299 posts, read 11,677,294 times
South Orange County here. We have no problem with leaving doors and windows open during the day when we are home; we do it all the time. If we're leaving, we lock up. At night, we're fine with the upstairs windows open... Downstairs, not so much, but to be honest it is not something I worry much about.

We haven't used the a/c for many years.

My sister lived in Lakewood (LA county) and her husband was so terrified of home invasion that he wouldn't allow any windows open even during the day. They had no a/c. Sister ended up with bad mold problems in her bathroom, because she couldn't even crack the window open.

Old 12-08-2014, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Yes, I hopefully will be. It doesn't happen as much during the cooler months.

I'm just kind of baffled at the fact that the guy doesn't seem to value privacy at all. Instead, he seems to hate it. I am thinking of buying some of those horse blinders for the few seconds every day where I'm entering or leaving my place.
LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL That's a good idea!

Some people are just exhibitionists. Others don't give a damn about anyone else.

At least you've kept your sense of humor!

Old 12-08-2014, 05:06 PM

Location: San Diego via Orange County via Toronto via Rome Italy
390 posts, read 794,926 times
Quote:
I believe this guy has his own TV show

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego