Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-06-2015, 08:46 AM

5,139 posts, read 8,847,756 times

Advertisements

but even if the Chargers leave, there's no guarantee that SD will "move forward" any faster than it has in the past, which IMO has been pretty slow.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2015, 10:42 AM

1,175 posts, read 1,912,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loveautumn View Post
but even if the Chargers leave, there's no guarantee that SD will "move forward" any faster than it has in the past, which IMO has been pretty slow.
This is true as well. It'll just be a city with a bad baseball team(that other teams just call their minor league team) and no other professional sports. And Qualcomm might become a apartment complex, some building for SDSU, maybe it'll even be "fixed up" enough for the Aztecs. It would be stupid if they spend $500 million improving Qualcomm after the Chargers leave though.

Old 07-16-2015, 09:34 PM

50,262 posts, read 47,023,439 times
Fabiani has already stated an eir will be thrown out by the court so why are we throwing two million dollars down the toilet?

San Diego approves stadium money | SanDiegoUnionTribune.com

Old 07-17-2015, 07:57 AM

1,996 posts, read 4,769,387 times
I'm at the point where I am done with Chargers staying in town. As much as I love the team, and being a fan since I was a kid, Spanos wants out and it shows.

He hasn't said a damn thing to anyone especially the fans regarding the entire stadium situation. I understand his tactics, he's playing ball, but to be silent for so long and basically holding the city of SD by the balls is as bad as they come.

My hopes are, is if the Chargers go to L.A., the EIR report will allow San Diego to attract another NFL team that might consider moving that would love to build a new stadium at the Q site.

If not a new NFL team, then definitely an MLS/NBA/Hockey team. A entertainment complex venue that will still keep SD competitive as being a top sports town in the future.

What will hurt the most about all this, is if the Chargers move to L.A., all the history that comes along with it, will seem shattered and worthless as the Chargers have such deep roots to SD unlike the Rockets or even the Clippers which really don't count as they didn't stay too long to have an effect on the city.

Old 07-17-2015, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdlife619 View Post
I'm at the point where I am done with Chargers staying in town. As much as I love the team, and being a fan since I was a kid, Spanos wants out and it shows.

He hasn't said a damn thing to anyone especially the fans regarding the entire stadium situation. I understand his tactics, he's playing ball, but to be silent for so long and basically holding the city of SD by the balls is as bad as they come.

My hopes are, is if the Chargers go to L.A., the EIR report will allow San Diego to attract another NFL team that might consider moving that would love to build a new stadium at the Q site.

If not a new NFL team, then definitely an MLS/NBA/Hockey team. A entertainment complex venue that will still keep SD competitive as being a top sports town in the future.

What will hurt the most about all this, is if the Chargers move to L.A., all the history that comes along with it, will seem shattered and worthless as the Chargers have such deep roots to SD unlike the Rockets or even the Clippers which really don't count as they didn't stay too long to have an effect on the city.
In that article there is mention that Spanos will champion to rename the team. If that is so then if we one day get another team, even if the hated Raiders the name would still be open.

Old 07-18-2015, 07:59 PM

1,095 posts, read 1,630,938 times
I don't care if they leave now honestly. Spanos doesnt seem to want to stay no matter what plan the city comes up with. I liked the Qualcomm plan because it seemed the most possible. The trolley is already there with the open space. I don't think the city should pour millions into it. There are better things to use tax payer money on like fixing potholes and educational needs. The franchise makes a lot of money. It can afford to chip in and pay for most of it. I'd rather keep Comic Con than the Chargers by expanding the convention center at this point. At least they are making an effort to work with the city. I have always been a Chargers fan but if they move I will probably give up on football completely. I will start watching Futbol aka soccer more.

Old 07-19-2015, 07:02 AM

20,834 posts, read 17,098,118 times
It's a football team led by owners who act like prom queens. I think the city would be a lot better off without them. Less traffic for me personally and think how the guzillions would renovate this town....adios.

Old 07-19-2015, 04:59 PM

4,582 posts, read 3,407,373 times
I am amazed the California CEQA laws are somehow so less stringent in Los Angeles.

Old 08-04-2015, 02:47 PM

It appears this is going to drag out forever.

Judge rules in favor of St. Louis for Rams stadium - Bolts From The Blue

Old 08-04-2015, 03:27 PM

1,175 posts, read 1,912,412 times
I honestly don't see the point of the Rams staying in St. Louis and spending so much money on a new stadium. I mean we talk about San Diego's struggles, but St. Louis is in far worse shape and has a ton of problems, but hey, spend a billion dollars on a new stadium and don't improve much else. Makes sense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego