Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2015, 06:14 PM

195 posts, read 246,440 times

Advertisements

Thanks folks. Pretty much what I thought.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2015, 06:22 PM

50,289 posts, read 47,043,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GRF206 View Post
Thanks folks. Pretty much what I thought.
This year is also an anomaly as it's been really hot most of the year.

Which, I like

Old 04-14-2015, 06:33 PM

6,893 posts, read 8,935,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
This year is also an anomaly as it's been really hot most of the year.

:

or the new normal

Old 04-14-2015, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardiff Kook View Post
that guys is full of it. I live a mile from the ocean and enjoy 70 degree weather on most days.

personally, I think a mile in is the sweet spot. most days I wake up and its already sunny or the marine layer burns off by 9-10 am. some days its totally sunny at my house and I can see the marine layer hanging over the ocean for the entire day. we still get the same great sea breezes but I feel we get more sun than those living within a half mile of the ocean
yes

Old 04-14-2015, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvSouthOC View Post
San Diego or Portland. Hmmm, it certainly is close and gosh I had to think about that an awfully long time. [Drum roll] Verdict: SD wins over Portland... 365/24/7.
Are you sarcastic or serious, LuvSouthOC? (Unfortunately there is no tone font on cd). OR and SoCal are both desirable places to live.

Old 04-14-2015, 06:59 PM

11 posts, read 11,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GRF206 View Post
Anybody know a good site that would give further detail about what parts of San Diego (the city) experience the famous "70 degrees year round"... compared to the parts where it might get significantly hotter in the summer -- but still in the city? Do the folks that don't live within 3 miles of the ocean.... deal with consistently hotter weather?
Your best bet for further detail is to look at gardening web sites that talk about climate zones in the San Diego area. The link below provides a map showing the different climate zones in San Diego. The one that is closest to "70 degrees year round" is climate zone 24. Judging from the map they provide, climate zone 24 extends anywhere from about 1 to 7 miles inland depending on the topography.

Sunset climate zones: San Diego region - Sunset

Old 04-14-2015, 07:06 PM

9,807 posts, read 11,142,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloom View Post
Are you sarcastic or serious, LuvSouthOC? (Unfortunately there is no tone font on cd). OR and SoCal are both desirable places to live.
Yeah I guess sarcasm is hard to get across. I am serious that SD wins hands down. But I didn't need to think about it long like I said I did. It is and was a clear choice, at least for me. Yes, the NW, including Portland, is not a bad place relative to many places, it's just that compared to SD, well...

Old 04-14-2015, 07:14 PM

195 posts, read 246,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdpbrunner View Post
Your best bet for further detail is to look at gardening web sites that talk about climate zones in the San Diego area. The link below provides a map showing the different climate zones in San Diego. The one that is closest to "70 degrees year round" is climate zone 24. Judging from the map they provide, climate zone 24 extends anywhere from about 1 to 7 miles inland depending on the topography.

Sunset climate zones: San Diego region - Sunset
Ah, nice link, that is awesome. Thank you.

I'd love to have a garden in zone 24.

Was down there in early March. The host of one of the AirBnB's I stayed at (Wind and Sea) had a very large avocado tree in the back yard, with a couple of not yet ripe, but large, avocados on it.

Old 04-14-2015, 07:49 PM

1,538 posts, read 1,483,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvSouthOC View Post
San Diego or Portland. Hmmm, it certainly is close and gosh I had to think about that an awfully long time. [Drum roll] Verdict: SD wins over Portland... 365/24/7.

A lot of people like Portland. I wouldn't say San Diego is out of its league by any means.

San Diego is far from perfect. Aside from the ocean the views aren't that great. Brown hills anyone?

Old 04-14-2015, 07:50 PM

9,807 posts, read 11,142,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnAlt View Post
A lot of people like Portland. I wouldn't say San Diego is out of its league by any means.

San Diego is far from perfect. Aside from the ocean the views aren't that great. Brown hills anyone?
Mt. Soledad anyone? Mt. Helix? No doubt, SD is far from perfect, but the parameters were Portland vs. SD.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego