Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2015, 09:25 AM

1,730 posts, read 2,555,015 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbell75 View Post
Then please explain why 9 out of 10 rental properties Im looking at in San Diego on Zillow say no pets....Mission Valley, Pacific Beach, La Jolla, downtown, almost every property says no pets.
Let's say I am the owner of a rental property. Two different people want to rent it. One of them has dogs or cats and the other does not. Whom do you think most people would rent to?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2015, 09:46 AM

813 posts, read 1,265,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ucctgg View Post
Let's say I am the owner of a rental property. Two different people want to rent it. One of them has dogs or cats and the other does not. Whom do you think most people would rent to?
And now add to that where there are many many people applying for the same properties. Landlords have the choice of tenants right now. Our LL told us that he had 35 applicants for the house we are renting!

Old 05-03-2015, 10:10 AM

8,390 posts, read 11,548,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ucctgg View Post
I would think the one with the best credit and monthly income, that is if they allow pets in the first place with a deposit. There are rentals that state small pet ok with pet deposit.

Old 05-03-2015, 10:15 AM

15,111 posts, read 32,143,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoppySead View Post
I would think the one with the best credit and monthly income, that is if they allow pets in the first place with a deposit. There are rentals that state small pet ok with pet deposit.
This is true. I have a cat, and have had no problems finding a place to rent with him.

Old 05-03-2015, 11:56 AM

17,815 posts, read 25,518,085 times
Quote:
Thanks but Im not looking at apartments, Im looking at homes and townhouses. Whether is a landlord or rental company, most every listing says no pets. Puzzling considering several have said they see dogs everywhere and SD is dog friendly. I don't get it, I find it very hard to believe all these people who own dogs also own their homes.

Why are you even looking to relocate from OC to SD? All you do on here is say how much you hate CA. If you're looking to move, now is the time to move out of state.

Old 05-03-2015, 01:22 PM

5,291 posts, read 12,693,078 times
Quote:
Then please explain why 9 out of 10 rental properties Im looking at in San Diego on Zillow say no pets....Mission Valley, Pacific Beach, La Jolla, downtown, almost every property says no pets.
Good grief, I didn't even have to search hard to find San Diego listed among the Best Cities for Dogs year after year.......

Top pet-friendly cities and towns to own a dog in the U.S: New York, San Diego, Long Island, more - Newsday

17 Best U.S. Cities for Dogs | Estately Blog

Top 10 Dog-Friendly Cities 2013 - Rent.com Blog

San Diego gets crowned “Dog City USA” | Barking Beast

https://www.rover.com/blog/dog-frien...516579942400:1

Old 05-03-2015, 01:24 PM

6,478 posts, read 7,433,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
Why are you even looking to relocate from OC to SD? All you do on here is say how much you hate CA. If you're looking to move, now is the time to move out of state.

Oh gosh, mbell is coming to San Diego, please say it isn't so.

There are not pets allowed here, anywhere....period.

Old 05-03-2015, 01:39 PM

8,391 posts, read 6,759,432 times
From my own experience. Irresponsible dog owners. Gone all day leaving pets all alone for 8-10 hours a day on the week days. Result. Constant barking. Neighbors report to landlord or condo HOA. Torn and stained carpeting. Cleaning costs.

Old 05-03-2015, 02:37 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,518,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malcorub16 View Post
Oh gosh, mbell is coming to San Diego, please say it isn't so.

There are not pets allowed here, anywhere....period.

LOL!

I don't get this, in addition to it simply not being true about pets as other have stated.

Moving is moving, everything needs to be packed up, for someone who is hateful towards CA why move to another part of the state? Move out of the state. It's the same procedure if you go from OC to SD, as it would be OC to Idaho, Arizona, etc. Only difference is the driving distance but everything else takes just as much effort.

Old 05-03-2015, 02:54 PM

7,375 posts, read 6,432,159 times
I don't know....SD has to be one of the most dog friendly cities I have ever encountered--almost to the point of too friendly (i.e. if not permitting, then food establishments turning a blind eye when one walks in with their non-service dog)...suggest looking for alternative rental sources and I'm sure you will find a place or two for you and your pet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego