Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2007, 10:52 AM

15 posts, read 127,695 times

Advertisements

Just a quick traffic update. The third lane is now open on the 52 and it is 100% better than it was. As most locals know it has been long over due.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2007, 10:43 PM

58 posts, read 372,493 times
"Ha Ha
not for me from what i hear
A 19 year old African American male so no
My parents and friends tell me the KKK is still active out there"

_________

Well:

You should only take into consideration of what others say.
Sure, some black guy was recently beat up in Santee, but so was a white guy in Poway! If it matters that much to you, go there and do your own observations! Racism is everywhere, and I could handle West Santee. But would I want to live in Santee? Well, lets just say I'd rather live in Temecula!

PM me if there are questions. Overall, Santee is a decent area....
But just not for myself.

Old 09-06-2007, 02:07 PM

26 posts, read 75,532 times
I lived in Santee (East County) for a while, I'm 24, and agree that it's good for families- not much else. Okay, families and Marieta's- the best damn mexican champagne brunch ever!

Old 09-06-2007, 07:50 PM

6,538 posts, read 12,032,561 times
I live in Santee. It has its good and bad. The weather is hotter than the coastal areas, but drier. You can also enjoy more sun while the coastal areas get hit with the gloom in May and June. I also like how it is surrounded by hills and mountains. From my condo, you can see the sunset over the mountains where Mission Trails park is, and you can see Mt. Laguna, which sometimes is capped with snow in the winter. The thing I don't like is some of the people, mainly the ones who lived here longer, who helped contribute to the negative reputation of Santee and helping it earn it's nickname, "Klantee". However, the area is growing and diversifying, becoming more like the other areas of San Diego. The other negative is the traffic on Mission Gorge Rd., but once the Hwy 52 expansion is completed, it will be eased.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego