Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: If the Chargers Move to Carson, what would you do?
I bleed blue and gold and will go to games in Carson to cheer on the Chargers 3 8.57%
I'll still be a fan of the Chargers, but won't go to Carson to watch a game. I'll watch games on TV. 10 28.57%
I'll no longer be a Chargers fan 10 28.57%
I've never been, and never will be a fan of the Chargers 12 34.29%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2015, 01:22 PM

1,584 posts, read 2,084,674 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OwlAndSparrow View Post
Loving the Broncos makes you evil. That's a scientific fact. They were evil even before they got Peyton Manning.

The analogy with the water issue is that many people don't care about the public good if they think it might affect the amount of local benefits for them. People try to make it about tax dollars, but it's really that they want more money spent on things they care immediately about. Just like the rich people who say that water laws are for everyone else. They care about their immediate surroundings, not the community as a whole.

Whether the Chargers care about individual people is irrelevant. Most of them are probably bad people, anyway. Rooting for our gladiators in our national sport is still a perfectly valid thing to want in America. We don't want to be the only major city in the U.S. without a team in the most popular sport. If it costs me a tiny amount of tax money that I was going to pay anyway, I'm not going to complain about that any more than I would complain about tax money going to roads I'll never drive on or bridges I'll never cross or parks I'll never visit or farmers whose food goes overseas.

When I walk around and see Bolt decals and flags all over the place, when I hear families cheering loudly from their living rooms when Rivers throws a touchdown, when I hear people complaining about the draft, when I see the current majestic structure in Mission Valley, I think of San Diego. I think of civic pride. It's the kind of thing that would have made me and my children happy for decades to come, whether the team is good or not.

We're not going to have that now. We're losing something beautiful because some spoiled brat who inherited his money wants to squeeze a few extra pennies. That's a shame.
Yes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2015, 04:05 PM

50,289 posts, read 47,043,365 times
Well, unless there is some miracle we can probably consider it a done deal. Spano wanted the downtown freebie or nothing all along. Screw him and the other greedy owners.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego