Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-26-2008, 12:45 PM

2 posts, read 8,232 times

Advertisements

Hi,

We'll be relocating to N. SD area this Summer. San Marcos looks very good for families - we have 2 children that will go into 6th and 8th grades. Seems like a good balance between home value and good schools.

I am wondering if anybody can compare San Marcos and Mission Hills High Schools.

I read that there are some gang areas in San Marcos, so is it a problem in schools? According to Greatschools web both have very similar test scores.

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2008, 03:21 PM

213 posts, read 823,033 times
Ah, a thread I can fully contribute to.

I've attended both high schools (San Marcos for my first two years, and Mission Hills for my last two and also graduated from there in '06).

San Marcos is nice, especially for being an old school....but Mission Hills is where you want your kids to go. It opened up during the 2004-2005 school year so everything is still pretty new and state of the art. And unlike San Marcos High, Mission Hills provides programs such as Fire Technology, Criminal Justice, Culinary Arts, and Health Academy. The campus is much more up to date and a LOT cleaner.

As far as the gang problem at San Marcos High, I personally never noticed it when I went.

Which school will your kids be attending for now? San Marcos Middle or Woodland Park?

Old 01-27-2008, 10:26 AM

2 posts, read 8,232 times
Default Middle schools - San Marcos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sambazon View Post
Which school will your kids be attending for now? San Marcos Middle or Woodland Park?
Most likely Woodland Park Middle - the scores are better than at San Marcos middle. Appears from the school system maps that Woodland Park middle school mostly feeds into Mission Hills HS.

We are looking for houses in the 400s and there appear to be quite a few listings to choose from.

Thanks for the info
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego