Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2015, 06:40 PM

20,834 posts, read 17,098,118 times

Advertisements

Well there is a rumor that the little thugs from Oakland are heading to San Diego if the Chargers leave. Add air sickness bags to the stadium
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2015, 11:47 PM

4,078 posts, read 2,338,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
Agree. McCoy is history.
No he's not. Literally half the team is hurt. What do you expect when you have backups and guys off the practice squad playing?

Old 11-24-2015, 08:43 AM

9,822 posts, read 11,544,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dexter75 View Post
No he's not. Literally half the team is hurt. What do you expect when you have backups and guys off the practice squad playing?
Every Team in The NFL has injuries.
The Chargers are no worse than anybody else, and as a mater of fact they are one of the healthier teams in the NFL according to this list from a month ago.
Ranking the most banged-up NFL teams from 1-32
The Chargers are number 23 in injuries out of 32 teams. 22 Teams have more injuries than the Chargers
Poor Coaching and poor drafting are the problems here. Why would you go in the Draft needing a Pass rusher and end up drafting, a Overrated running back and a undersized Linebacker
The errors that this GM and Coaching staff have made, brought you guys to what you have here today a 2-8 football team.
As a Raider fan i know about losing and why you lose.

Old 11-25-2015, 04:56 AM

1,996 posts, read 4,769,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitman619 View Post
The Chargers are no worse than anybody else, and as a mater of fact they are one of the healthier teams in the NFL according to this list from a month ago.
The Chargers are number 23 in injuries out of 32 teams. 22 Teams have more injuries than the Chargers
Poor Coaching and poor drafting are the problems here. Why would you go in the Draft needing a Pass rusher and end up drafting, a Overrated running back and a undersized Linebacker
The errors that this GM and Coaching staff have made, brought you guys to what you have here today a 2-8 football team.

Also the ownership for allowing such mediocrity on the field with a GM that doesn't have an eye for super stars. I've never seen such an undisciplined Charger team in so long, and to play so badly as they did coming off a bye on LT day of all days, tells me it's not just the players anymore that suck, but the coaches. I defended Mccoy for the longest time because I thought it was ONLY the players that was the problem, but no. The Chargers are barely in games now, and struggle hard just to score TDs is a serious concern.

I honestly can't see them winning anymore games this year.

Old 11-25-2015, 09:34 AM

50,269 posts, read 47,023,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdlife619 View Post
Also the ownership for allowing such mediocrity on the field with a GM that doesn't have an eye for super stars. I've never seen such an undisciplined Charger team in so long, and to play so badly as they did coming off a bye on LT day of all days, tells me it's not just the players anymore that suck, but the coaches. I defended Mccoy for the longest time because I thought it was ONLY the players that was the problem, but no. The Chargers are barely in games now, and struggle hard just to score TDs is a serious concern.

I honestly can't see them winning anymore games this year.
McCoy became successful when Manning became QB. I could have been coordinator and won when Manning was calling his own plays.

Old 11-25-2015, 01:31 PM

1,996 posts, read 4,769,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
McCoy became successful when Manning became QB. I could have been coordinator and won when Manning was calling his own plays.

I know right.

Manning IS the entire offense. He doesn't need coaches telling him what to do. I think the hype surrounding McCoy because he worked with Manning probably was what obviously caught the eye of Telesco. I mean, nobody saw this trainwreck coming to be honest. But now given the fact this is McCoy's 3rd year as a HC and the team has progressively gotten worse, even some of the younger players have regressed, is a sign that this coaching staff isn't able to get things under control.

And who would've thought this O-line was going to be so bad, when you have guys like King, Orlando, Joe, and Fluker, one of the biggest O-line in the league in terms of size, being so fragile, and easily overpowered by other D-lines in the league, be so bad?

My thought in all this, is sometimes size isn't what matters in how a player performs and how well he plays, but his technique, smarts, reliability, determination, and ability to make impact plays regardless, is more valuable than physical size alone. Look at Woodhead, he's one of the smallest dudes on the team, but yet he is the most durable, and probably one of the best players as far playmakers go compared to anyone else on that team right next to Keenan Allen.

The talent level is subpar, the last time the Chargers had a dominating defense for instance was the days of Shawn Merriman, Donny Edwards, Shawn Phillips, Jamal Williams, Antonio Cromartie and others. And of course the great offensive players in LT, Gates in his prime, Vincent Jackson, Mike Turner, Sproles, LO Neal, Kris Dielman, Marcus McNeil, and I know I'm missing others, but you guys get the point.

They might as well blow up this team and start from scratch because there's nowhere else to go when you hit rock bottom besides upward as this point.

Old 11-25-2015, 04:21 PM

50,269 posts, read 47,023,439 times
Quote:
I know right.

Manning IS the entire offense. He doesn't need coaches telling him what to do. I think the hype surrounding McCoy because he worked with Manning probably was what obviously caught the eye of Telesco. I mean, nobody saw this trainwreck coming to be honest. But now given the fact this is McCoy's 3rd year as a HC and the team has progressively gotten worse, even some of the younger players have regressed, is a sign that this coaching staff isn't able to get things under control.

And who would've thought this O-line was going to be so bad, when you have guys like King, Orlando, Joe, and Fluker, one of the biggest O-line in the league in terms of size, being so fragile, and easily overpowered by other D-lines in the league, be so bad?

My thought in all this, is sometimes size isn't what matters in how a player performs and how well he plays, but his technique, smarts, reliability, determination, and ability to make impact plays regardless, is more valuable than physical size alone. Look at Woodhead, he's one of the smallest dudes on the team, but yet he is the most durable, and probably one of the best players as far playmakers go compared to anyone else on that team right next to Keenan Allen.

The talent level is subpar, the last time the Chargers had a dominating defense for instance was the days of Shawn Merriman, Donny Edwards, Shawn Phillips, Jamal Williams, Antonio Cromartie and others. And of course the great offensive players in LT, Gates in his prime, Vincent Jackson, Mike Turner, Sproles, LO Neal, Kris Dielman, Marcus McNeil, and I know I'm missing others, but you guys get the point.

They might as well blow up this team and start from scratch because there's nowhere else to go when you hit rock bottom besides upward as this point.
You are right. Look at this mess. Dead LAST in the NFL. Even worse than the lowly Browns.

Week 12 Power Rankings: Seahawks, Steelers climb - NFL - SI.com

Old 11-25-2015, 04:44 PM

Quote:
I know right.

Most of those guys, including Marty Schottenheimer, were drafted or brought in by John Butler before he pass away.
John Butler knew how to put a together a super bowl team. If Butler were still alive, Marty would have never left, and you guys would have at lease 2 super bowl wins.

Last edited by hitman619; 11-25-2015 at 04:54 PM..

Old 11-25-2015, 10:21 PM

4,078 posts, read 2,338,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitman619 View Post
I don't care what the stats say. Take most the starters off any offensive line, their two starting WRs, their star TE, best CB and a few other key defensive players and lets see how well any team does Just look at the Packers. That offense has struggled without Nelson and they have Aaron freaking Rodgers! Take Cobb off that team too and their top O line guys, as well as some key defensive starters and see how well they do.

Old 11-26-2015, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dexter75 View Post
I don't care what the stats say. Take most the starters off any offensive line, their two starting WRs, their star TE, best CB and a few other key defensive players and lets see how well any team does Just look at the Packers. That offense has struggled without Nelson and they have Aaron freaking Rodgers! Take Cobb off that team too and their top O line guys, as well as some key defensive starters and see how well they do.
I'm not going to google it for you but, the
packers have had 2 O-lineman go down this season
Face it, Your last 2 GM's suck at evaluating talent why even argue.
Buster Davis and Manti Te'o
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego