Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2015, 08:26 PM

5,291 posts, read 12,738,305 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kettlepot View Post
I agree with the poster who suggested Normal Heights. Typically, it is cheaper than any of the neighborhoods you've listed and it is kind of hip and cool. But the big thing is if you live too far away from school it will be too easy to stay away from campus when you should be participating in study groups, tutorials, and visiting the library. If it's PB, you think, do I really want to spend 25 minutes driving plus another 15 minutes walking from the parking structure to attend a 2 hour "whatever", and you'll roll over and go back to sleep.

Also, consider how much money you will save by not buying a parking permit if you did take public transportation to SDSU. Both Adams Avenue and El Cajon Boulevard have good transit to SDSU from Normal Heights.
Good post. In addition to Normal Heights, OP should also check out University Heights. Couldn't agree more about taking the bus to SDSU. It takes less than 10 minutes to get from Kensington to the SDSU transit center.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2015, 09:23 AM

285 posts, read 301,530 times
Hey everyone! Time to update this thread

I ended up ruling out the NP address 'cause it was the most expensive option and I'm really trying to save as much as possible. At the same time I tried to look for apartments in Normal Heights as suggested by unfortunately couldn't find any within my budget that would fit my requirements (Upstairs and pet friendly) so turns out I ended up going with the PB address and so far I think I've made a good choice! It's amazing to be that close to the beach and so close to so many cafes, restaurants, bars etc...
Thanks everyone who took their time to try to help me.

One last question though, how much should a single guy living alone expect to pay monthly for food and cable tv/internet? I'm trying to figure that out

Old 12-03-2015, 10:12 AM

9,822 posts, read 11,546,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victorhernandez View Post

I ended up ruling out the NP address 'cause it was the most expensive option and I'm really trying to save as much as possible. At the same time I tried to look for apartments in Normal Heights as suggested by unfortunately couldn't find any within my budget that would fit my requirements (Upstairs and pet friendly) so turns out I ended up going with the PB address and so far I think I've made a good choice! It's amazing to be that close to the beach and so close to so many cafes, restaurants, bars etc...

One last question though, how much should a single guy living alone expect to pay monthly for food and cable tv/internet? I'm trying to figure that out
$150-200 for food (that includes eating out once in a while) $175 for Cable Internet( if you want all the bells and whistles)

Old 12-04-2015, 01:13 AM

170 posts, read 188,739 times
PB sucks

Old 12-04-2015, 02:58 AM

1 posts, read 440 times
Pacific Beach is always a good time. and having a nice time on weekends

Old 12-04-2015, 12:25 PM

5,291 posts, read 12,738,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victorhernandez View Post

Thanks for the update. PB is full of people your age so you'll have a blast. And just wait until summer rolls around....that place is hopping.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego