Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2016, 02:40 PM

7,407 posts, read 6,534,932 times

Advertisements

"On the other hand, naturally ugly people have less motivation because their potential is less and there's nothing they can do about it."

...huh?....I have tried to stay out of this thread as long as I could but have to chime in here as there have been too many generalizations that try to put this topic in a pretty little box with a bow tie on top.

Do only attractive people live in wealthy areas or the specific cities mentioned in this thread?...NO. Maybe some people whom you or others do not find attractive live in those same areas but are too busy working and place a higher priority on their career and less on their looks. Maybe these less attractive but highly successful individuals do not socialize in the same circles as you and others.

First, there is a huge difference between trust fund babies and those who have actually worked for their wealth. Yes, if you inherited an estate and did not have to work and/or have a golden parachute in the form of an upcoming inheritance awaiting you then you certainly have far more time on your hands to devote to working out, visiting and paying for plastic surgeons, etc....most of my successful friends work 50, 60+ or more hours a week and spend more time on their careers--some are good looking, some are not. Sure, who wouldn't want a woman that looks like a Victoria Secret model, but coming from a non shallow, wealthy suburb from Long Island other criteria that made already good looking women sexy to me were whether they had class, style, careers, and money (either through their family or made on their own)....sure, a 9 from Pacific Beach or Solana Beach who is a hairdresser is great but after banging her in 29 different positions I need something more to keep me coming back--heck, Billy Joel got tired of Christie Brinkley for crying out loud and cheated on HER leading to their divorce. Of course, some of my friends out here are content with a geisha/mail order girl from the Philippines who cooks and cleans and not much else--in that case, not much different than a lubricated mannequin from the front window inside a Nordstrom's (though nothing stupid comes out of the mannequin's mouth).

I saw a comment about Latinas being attractive in San Diego. Yes, some are hot and some are fat and/or not attractive--but NOT all. What's next--all Asians are Mensa and all Jews are multimillionaires?

Less attractive people are not motivated?...I would argue that might motivate some, not all, to work harder--unless one's livelihood is dependent upon being on the front cover of fashion magazines...trust me--you should have seen some of the women and guys I went to school with at Cornell--many were not beauties but are highly successful. (Thank god for nearby Ithaca College...better looking and less successful).

There might or might not be a higher percentage of good looking people in wealthy areas (for the record, a woman who has to apply a pound of makeup, get botox injections and/or is stuck up or dunce does not turn me on....plus I've met my share of 6's who think they're 9's....heck, I used to work out at Equinox, then Sports Club, in Irvine when Carmen Elektra would walk in with Dennis Rodman--trust me, she was no 10 first thing in the morning minus all the makeup)....the 60 year old with the trophy bride or girlfriend is the exception, not the norm. I'm sure you can find a good looking person in University Heights or a divorcee in Tierrasanta just as you can find an unattractive person in Del Mar....I'm not buying the fact one town or towns has the market cornered on "good looking" people here in San Diego--however you define good looking or attractive. Your odds might be better in some neighborhoods, but it is not limited to the 3 neighborhoods listed above....and the same could be said in other cities (i.e. I find more attractive women in Miami/Miami Beach, Hollywood and Sunny Isles than in Palm Beach, Jupiter and Boca Raton).

Last edited by elchevere; 01-03-2016 at 03:05 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2016, 03:27 PM

9,525 posts, read 30,465,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aboveordinary View Post
I don't know if this is the best forum to answer your question. Most of the people on here are rich yuppies from affluent backgrounds.
That would make it the perfect group to answer the question, wouldn't it?

Seriously, SD is just like that, you have to be attractive and fit, work out, it's just part of the social fabric if you are successful and live in a place like del mar, if you are wealthy and live on a ranch in Jamul it's different and probably has a lot to do with horses. Being healthy, well-dressed, well-traveled, educated, high income, etc is just part of the elite lifestyle that a fairly large group of people are looking for when they move to a place like Del Mar. Over time that tends to define it, but it's not some sort of accident. Most of the yuppie-type colleagues I know are doing triathalons, exotic travel, etc. God forbid you are a smoker or obese in the professional scene here.

Old 01-03-2016, 05:30 PM

1,095 posts, read 1,630,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassberto View Post
That would make it the perfect group to answer the question, wouldn't it?
I've spent about 5 years on this forum and I have observed certain members that claim to have a lot of money kind of look down on those that aren't in their upper class bubble by some of the stuff they post. It's like they're thinking "those poor ugly people in El Cajon! hahaha so funny. I'm just going to go back to sipping my latte, admiring my new Mercedes, and enjoying my white upper class neighborhood." Exaggeration? possibly. It just rubs me the wrong way. I talk trash about East County on here all the time, but I will defend it from snobs who think they are so much better than those "poor lazy people" in Spring Valley, El Cajon etc. Some of what the people in this thread have said is true, but a lot of it is generalized crap. Call me a liberal or whatever, but some of the posters on this forum just kind of seem out of touch.

Old 01-03-2016, 07:02 PM

4 posts, read 4,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdlife619 View Post
To add to what I was saying.

You will see a massive difference in the way people look when going to say El Cajon, to Del Mar.

The people in El Cajon are mostly poor to low middle class. Just take a drive on Broadway or Main st. for a day and see how many haggard, run down, ugly, unhealthy and trashy people walk those streets on a daily basis. Then go to Del Mar where everybody looks upbeat, happy and healthy. They might not eat right all the time, or even work out, but they still look great somehow.

I see a lot of the problems being Genetic, poor, trashy, uneducated people having kids and repeating the cycle. Add some Meth, bad habits, and tons of drinking and you increase the ugliness of the family.

Health does play a role, but generally good looking families aren't immune from devastating illnesses like Cancer. They might not have typical diseases that some poor unhealthy people tend to get from not eating right and abusing their bodies, but just because you might feel healthy, doesn't mean you are safe from Gods calling.

It's like who would you rather date, marry and have kids with and hope your good genes will mate well with the other persons good looking genes.

Beautiful lovely Sally that lives in La Jolla, is independent, with a great sexy body and clean smooth skin?

Or

Bobby-Jo from El Cajon, who has a gut, wears a wife beater, wears no makeup, has 4 kids and is on welfare and constantly yelling at them to shut the hell up or else it's a time for a beat down! Is a smoker, has no sense of common courtesy or respect for herself or others.?

You guys get the point. Trash exist everywhere in San Diego, mostly in East County and many Urban areas in SD. It's the beach communities that got the hottest people, and to be honest, many Hispanic neighborhoods in SD have beautiful women, Latina's are gorgeous, rich and poor, they tend to look good no matter where you go or how much money they make.

Anyone ever see a Novella on TV before? The women alone are the only reason to watch.
Define your use of the term 'Latina', in SD I will assume you mean brown-skinned with lots of native blood. The Mexican soaps use mainly Euro-Mexican actresses. There are lots of novela type Mexicans living in Coronado.

The city with hot Latin women is Miami as they tend to be the white girls from South America, Puerto Rico, and Cuba. I spent New Years at the Epic Hotel, and was amazed at all the stunning White-Latinas. I even met my first pretty white Gaucha from the far south of Brazil. SD is filled with the Portuguese ones from the Rio area.

Old 01-03-2016, 07:16 PM

1,996 posts, read 4,767,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aboveordinary View Post
I've spent about 5 years on this forum and I have observed certain members that claim to have a lot of money kind of look down on those that aren't in their upper class bubble by some of the stuff they post. It's like they're thinking "those poor ugly people in El Cajon! hahaha so funny. I'm just going to go back to sipping my latte, admiring my new Mercedes, and enjoying my white upper class neighborhood." Exaggeration? possibly. It just rubs me the wrong way. I talk trash about East County on here all the time, but I will defend it from snobs who think they are so much better than those "poor lazy people" in Spring Valley, El Cajon etc. Some of what the people in this thread have said is true, but a lot of it is generalized crap. Call me a liberal or whatever, but some of the posters on this forum just kind of seem out of touch.
So right, all the time!

Some more points to make.

Motivation and having a strong drive regardless of where you came from, is the key to all this. Be it the hoods of South SD and SouthEast SD, or some wealthy enclave in North County, as long as somebody is willing to do whatever it takes to make it in life, to be successful, and have a good career in whatever it may be, the wealth and connections slowly start to build in the years to come.

One example is the Rapper Mitchy Slick from SD. He's been on his grind for over 15 years now and has worked with many famous Hip Hop artist in the country, and he's well off. The guy is probably no taller than 5'6, but he's the hardest working rap artist in San Diego compared to anyone locally. He commands respect wherever he goes, and has a huge following and entourage.

Not that every young Black kid from SESD needs to be a rapper to make it in life, but he's a good example of someone that works hard everyday, someone that never gave up, and has always been motivated to keep going pushing his business and record label to make great music.

Just the motivation alone can change a person. But in the majority, poor people tend to be less motivated than the rich because they don't know how they are going to pay for expensive college tuition and what the outcome will be. Unlike rich folks with endless amounts of cash, their kids are secure knowing everything will be taken care of, and that all they have to do is worry about passing there classes and getting that degree.

So the uncertainty of poorer people moving their way up the economic ladder hurts them.

And one more thing. A poor or lower middle class person in SD has it very hard, but if those same people lived in another state with lower cost of living, they probably would be living much better off and because they know this, their attitudes change for the better and their lifestyle can improve.

Money isn't everything, but it does make a person secure in their life financially speaking. And when you are financially secure, you don't worry much about being able to afford basic necessities, and that added security gives that person a drive to start a family and be financially stable at doing so. Happiness follows with it when you're not constantly stressing over those little bills here and there, or the mortgage. And for a Man, it's important. Because like others have said, Women are looking for someone to take care of them, and they value a guy that is successful in life in the career department. These kinds of men have a higher chance at reeling the hottest ones in even if they are unattractive themselves. It's not a guarantee, but IT DOES MATTER.

Mental health is just as important as physical health.

Last edited by sdlife619; 01-03-2016 at 07:32 PM..

Old 01-03-2016, 07:26 PM

1,996 posts, read 4,767,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by THE SOCAL KID View Post
Define your use of the term 'Latina', in SD I will assume you mean brown-skinned with lots of native blood. The Mexican soaps use mainly Euro-Mexican actresses. There are lots of novela type Mexicans living in Coronado.

The city with hot Latin women is Miami as they tend to be the white girls from South America, Puerto Rico, and Cuba. I spent New Years at the Epic Hotel, and was amazed at all the stunning White-Latinas. I even met my first pretty white Gaucha from the far south of Brazil. SD is filled with the Portuguese ones from the Rio area.
Well mostly "Native" blood brown skin Latina's, but there's a lot of that are of mixed descent, and of Olive toned skin. It kind of depends to be honest. Yes SD does have Brazilians that live here, which are mostly European in looks.

SD doesn't have the types of Latina's that exist in Miami, and yeah the Novela soaps do use mainly "White" Looking Mexicans. But they too are beautiful just like the "Brown" skinned Mexican girls that live in the Barrio. Both have great figures.

Old 01-03-2016, 07:44 PM

Epic is great--love that hotel (Zuma, Lilt Lounge and Area 31) and there is a much greater diversity of Latinas in Miami than in SD. I also find that they tend to age better--the humidity that many on this particular city board despise is good for the aging process as it keeps their skin naturally moisturized.

You are correct about Southern Brazil as well--you might consider a visit to Florianopolis, Blumenau, which has a heavy German influence and a world renowned Oktoberfest of their own (if you are fond of Blonde Brazilians), or Porto Alegre, with it's Italian influence....the Brazilian population here in SD is mixed, with people from all over the country, not just one state/region or city--I see them and spend time with them at Brazil by the Bay restaurant in Pt Loma. You may or may not know this but Brazil has the largest Italian population outside of Italy and the largest Japanese population outside of Japan....I would strongly encourage a visit if you have not been, particularly since the dollar is the strongest it has been vs. the Real in more than a decade.

Quote:

Last edited by elchevere; 01-03-2016 at 08:23 PM..

Old 01-05-2016, 12:34 AM

1,175 posts, read 1,911,900 times
You can can find attractive people anywhere in the world, rich or poor communities. But as people get older, there does seem to be a connection between poverty, stress and being overweight. At least in the US. Everybody has stress, but worrying about buying food for kids is going to be far more stressful than worrying about selling your extra house. Both are stressful, but one is more "life or death" compared to the other.

And food costs become a huge problem. If you visit certain areas, fast food places are everywhere. And it's not just fast food, it's pretty much poison and 85 percent who knows what kind of un-real food. It's easy to load up at cheap buffets, fast food places, walmart and Costco, but most people shopping at Whole Foods aren't leaving with 2 shopping carts of microwaved prepackaged foods.

And if you go even further up the chain to places like La jolla and Del mar and Newport Beach, some of these people have nannies, cooks, caretakers, etc so if you get to spend your days doing yoga, hitting the gym, going on long vacations, always seeing your doctors,etc while the nanny and caretakers and everybody else are raising the kids and cooking the food and so on, it's hard not to look better than somebody barely making it with 2 full time jobs and no time to eat healthy.

But there are plenty of gross people everywhere too, even with money.

Old 01-05-2016, 12:13 PM

3,437 posts, read 3,283,904 times
Quote:

agree with this. just came from South Beach and you can see the difference between Latinas there and the Latinas in CA

Old 01-05-2016, 12:16 PM

+ 1000.

Quote:
Originally Posted by payutenyodagimas View Post
agree with this. Just came from south beach and you can see the difference between latinas there and the latinas in ca :d
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego