Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2016, 02:37 PM

7,409 posts, read 6,547,418 times

Advertisements

FYI, Rocky's is in Crown Point, Pacific Beach--not Bird Rock (if in Bird Rock, I like the burger at Beaumonts).

I like Buon Forchetta for the pasta, less so for the pizza.....give Pan Bon a shot--very good and reasonably priced. Almost everyone doing the cooking and baking is from Milan. A couple of doors down from Bracero....I did not list Bracero earlier only because it could be difficult to get out of there for under $20--but still worth the money.

Not that impressed with Crack Shack (same owner as Juniper & Ivy)....just back from lunch. $28 with tip for a chix sandwich (coup de ville), meh fries and an iced tea?....I've had more enjoyable meals at Po Folks in Atlanta for half the cost, though the quality of the chicken breast was high quality. Not enough wow factor for my taste buds.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2016, 02:42 PM

3,396 posts, read 2,803,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloom View Post
I haven't really heard of Underbelly or Blind Burro.
Though I've had the best ramen while in Asia for a bit so may be hard to top that.
I haven't been to Rocky's but I've seen it recommended here before.
For other Italian/pizza - recommend East Coast Pizza, and Bice. But you know, I was just in the Bronx over Xmas, and fogitaboutit.
I'm new to the Ramen scene. I thought I gave it up in college until a few co-workers convinced me back in and Underbelly is good. There is another one that just opened in East Village- forget the name but it is tasty as well.

Blind Burro had some GREAT tacos. I tried it a few months ago on Tuesday night...had a prime rib and a fish taco- excellent! Some of the best tacos I've had. Very good drink special as well- I think it was all you can drink margarita for $15. The owner (very friendly) gave us discount drink tickets to his bar/club next door. Excellent location as well- opens up nicely in the Summer and its right by Petco.

Burgers are hard to gauge...I like mine like I'm in a backyard at a BBQ and that's a Rocky's burger. The place is terrible for seating- weekend peak hours you will have an elbow in your back (maybe standing up) while eating your burger.

Yeah I'm deep dish guy. Its Lefty's and when I want something different its Lefty's and when I'm tired of Pizza- I still might have Lefty's.

Old 02-09-2016, 02:52 PM

6,893 posts, read 8,933,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastcoastbias View Post

Yeah I'm deep dish guy. Its Lefty's and when I want something different its Lefty's and when I'm tired of Pizza- I still might have Lefty's.
I like Berkeley's deep dish - maybe better filling than lefty's though not as good crust as lefty's. They are in gaslamp on a side street Have you tried?

Old 02-09-2016, 02:58 PM

Blue Ribbon Artisan (Encinitas) is my favorite pizza.

I like Luigi's (Golden Hill), when it is fresh out of the oven and Luigi is making it....have yet to try Long Island Mike's (Murphy Canyon), but hear very good things.

Old 02-09-2016, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloom View Post
I like Berkeley's deep dish - maybe better filling than lefty's though not as good crust as lefty's. They are in gaslamp on a side street Have you tried?
No, but I will now. Its pretty close to the Blind Burro.

Old 02-09-2016, 03:02 PM

6,893 posts, read 8,933,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastcoastbias View Post
No, but I will now. Its pretty close to the Blind Burro.
Report back your review.
Blue Ribbon is very good but pricey; that's artis-anal za, not artisan za.
Luigi's - I always have image of getting his thick black arm hair in the dough.

Old 02-09-2016, 03:11 PM

I don't have a problem with Luigi, but I do with some of his employees who appear to be under the influence of crystal meth which is why I prefer when he is the one making the pizza.

Old 02-09-2016, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elchevere View Post
I don't have a problem with Luigi, but I do with some of his employees who appear to be under the influence of crystal meth which is why I prefer when he is the one making the pizza.
Could explain the difficulty I had ordering there once.

Old 02-09-2016, 06:58 PM

4,539 posts, read 12,401,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevanXL View Post
How far is Lemon Grove from the city?
The trolley's Orange Line stops in Lemon Grove, so if you can make it to a trolley station you can ride there in style. How far the restaurant is from the trolley station will require your own research.

Old 02-10-2016, 12:48 AM

2,011 posts, read 3,460,459 times
Just googled how far Lemon grove is from Mission Beach. Seems kinda out there just for some barbecue especially since Phil's is only 2 miles from where im gonna be staying
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego