U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 02-14-2008, 10:59 PM

39 posts, read 197,326 times

Advertisements

Are there a lot or not a lot of transsexuales and transvestites in the whole san diego area? I mean north county, downtown, etc etc?? What do you think?
Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2008, 07:23 PM

87 posts, read 316,593 times
I would say NOT
This ain't West Hollywood or NYC honey.

Old 02-17-2008, 02:29 PM

3,002 posts, read 10,277,756 times
San Diego and Orange county are both somewhat conservative.

As the other poster mentioned.....NYC and LA are the ticket if you are looking to feel at home as a TV. Austin may be another option.

Old 02-17-2008, 05:10 PM

34 posts, read 139,151 times
West Hollywood is your best bet or even Long Beach. Just go to the clubs and bars and you will find them there! I have yet to make it to Hillcrest, but I am sure there are some there as well. That's where most of the gay bars and clubs are in SD.

Old 02-18-2008, 11:42 AM

181 posts, read 632,494 times
Yha, but even walking around hillcrest it is not that obvious to visitors that it is the "Gay mecca" of san diego.

Old 02-19-2008, 12:09 AM

3,708 posts, read 6,944,810 times
At first I thought this post was a joke, but I guess not. While I'm not into the TV/TS scene, I do know that you Don't have to go up to Long Beach or West Hollywood to find them.

A Drag restaurant called Lips(original location in NYC), moved from Hillcrest to a bigger location on El Cajon Blvd not too long ago. As someone else said, you can find them in any gay bars in North Park and Hillcrest. You can even find Drag Kings (Women who perform as men) if you are into that.

Old 02-19-2008, 08:12 PM

87 posts, read 316,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdurbanite View Post
At first I thought this post was a joke, but I guess not. While I'm not into the TV/TS scene, I do know that you Don't have to go up to Long Beach or West Hollywood to find them.

A Drag restaurant called Lips(original location in NYC), moved from Hillcrest to a bigger location on El Cajon Blvd not too long ago. As someone else said, you can find them in any gay bars in North Park and Hillcrest. You can even find Drag Kings (Women who perform as men) if you are into that.

No doubt. But I thought the original poster was asking about the whole San Diego county area.

Old 02-19-2008, 08:15 PM

50,358 posts, read 47,778,369 times
this would explain the competitive nature of some of my dates of late.

Old 06-09-2008, 07:23 PM

8 posts, read 69,567 times
There are quite a few transpersons that live in all parts of San Diego. I live in Escondido and know of 5 off hand. There is an service organization in San Diego called Imperial Court de San Diego that is run by transgendered and other gay, lesbian and bisexuals that do a lot of work for the people of San Diego County and Tijuana. You can go to the bars in San Diego and ask for this organization or call the Gay,Lesbian, Bisexual, Transgendered Center (The Center) for more information.

Old 06-11-2009, 05:32 AM

1 posts, read 33,459 times
Default why look in a gay bar?

Every city has thousands of beautiful trans women right under your nose but you will never notice them.

MOST transwomen identify as STRAIGHT not GAY so MOST are not going to go anywhere NEAR a gay bar

Have you thought of placing an ad in craigslist in misc romance?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $89,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego