Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2016, 09:50 AM

10 posts, read 13,077 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
See the idjut on the news this am. Dude is late for his flight so he runs the light and gets T-boned.

By a Cop bada boomp...thanks for playing, we have some nice consolation prizes for you backstage.

AND that made traffic a nightmare! Talk about idjits!! People cutting across the outside lane to make turns and blocking anyone else from moving....sitting through lights three times to get through a downtown intersections....omg. I was finally able to make my way out of it but the entire fiasco made me 20 minutes later getting into work and I was ALREADY downtown!! The most infuriating part was that SDPD was doing absolutely NO traffic control, during their "investigation" that lasted over 3 hours for a minor accident. smh.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2016, 09:57 AM

50,286 posts, read 47,032,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bnb072002 View Post
AND that made traffic a nightmare! Talk about idjits!! People cutting across the outside lane to make turns and blocking anyone else from moving....sitting through lights three times to get through a downtown intersections....omg. I was finally able to make my way out of it but the entire fiasco made me 20 minutes later getting into work and I was ALREADY downtown!! The most infuriating part was that SDPD was doing absolutely NO traffic control, during their "investigation" that lasted over 3 hours for a minor accident. smh.
I feel bad sometimes when I leave work and there's bad traffic but then realize somebody died in a crash

Old 09-01-2016, 11:07 AM

7,409 posts, read 6,550,878 times
missed the story...what intersection was this??

I have a huge beef with the lack of enforcement at the Harbor Drive/Grape Street intersection downtown, heading from downtown towards the airport/Pt Loma, especially during rush hour in the late afternoon.

They removed the red light cameras and for the past 18 months I have, numerous times, been prevented from proceeding straight on Harbor Drive (heading towards the airport) with a green light when people coming from the opposite direction and turning left on to Grape Street (presumably to get to the I-5) end up running red lights or not taking into account they will not be able to clear the intersection due to heavy traffic which often results in all 3 lanes of Harbor Drive being blocked....I have brought this to the attention of the Port of SD (Harbor Patrol Police) and SDPD repeatedly and all they do is blow smoke up my ass...one of the reps from SDPD even wrote back mentioning that one of the reasons for lack of enforcement is because some of the violators are from out of state--really, if they rob a bank or commit murder will they get a free pass as well because they are from out of state?...morons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bnb072002 View Post

Old 09-01-2016, 01:54 PM

10 posts, read 13,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elchevere View Post

I have a huge beef with the lack of enforcement at the Harbor Drive/Grape Street intersection downtown, heading from downtown towards the airport/Pt Loma, especially during rush hour in the late afternoon.

They removed the red light cameras and for the past 18 months I have, numerous times, been prevented from proceeding straight on Harbor Drive (heading towards the airport) with a green light when people coming from the opposite direction and turning left on to Grape Street (presumably to get to the I-5) end up running red lights or not taking into account they will not be able to clear the intersection due to heavy traffic which often results in all 3 lanes of Harbor Drive being blocked....I have brought this to the attention of the Port of SD (Harbor Patrol Police) and SDPD repeatedly and all they do is blow smoke up my ass...one of the reps from SDPD even wrote back mentioning that one of the reasons for lack of enforcement is because some of the violators are from out of state--really, if they rob a bank or commit murder will they get a free pass as well because they are from out of state?...morons.
Fourth and Ash...Monday morning at 5 am. Little details on it, I suspect there is more to the story (on the police end of it) than what the press got. Took over 3 hours to clear.

Old 09-01-2016, 03:14 PM

1,447 posts, read 1,569,509 times
Well as a BMW driver, I do not drive like an idiot. Most of the bad drivers here are SUV and truck drivers! They are the jerkoffs who fail to use something called a turn signal to change lanes and tail gate constantly and make chithead pi$$ poor driving decisions. Also many Audi and Honda drivers are not safe either. Most tickets are given to texting morons last time I was in court.

Old 09-01-2016, 05:46 PM

919 posts, read 789,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mixxalot View Post
Well as a BMW driver, I do not drive like an idiot.
I believe you, I've seen plenty of courteous BMW drivers. But there are a greater percentage of bad BMW drivers that do give you a bad name. Most of those are black BMWs by the way and lots of times I see the same recklessness from black VWs, even black Volvos
Quote:
Originally Posted by mixxalot View Post
. Most tickets are given to texting morons last time I was in court.
yeah you know what gets me is when the light turns green and the guy sits there. You can see in his mirror he's looking down....... when they do go they sometimes just roll ahead real slow and you can tell they are finishing up the last couple words

Old 09-01-2016, 05:49 PM

5,051 posts, read 3,579,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mauialoha View Post
I believe you, I've seen plenty of courteous BMW drivers. But there are a greater percentage of bad BMW drivers that do give you a bad name. Most of those are black BMWs by the way and lots of times I see the same recklessness from black VWs, even black Volvos

yeah you know what gets me is when the light turns green and the guy sits there. You can see in his mirror he's looking down....... when they do go they sometimes just roll ahead real slow and you can tell they are finishing up the last couple words
What's the difference between a porcupine and a BMW ?

The porcupine has the prick on the outside.

Old 09-01-2016, 07:00 PM

50,286 posts, read 47,032,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elchevere View Post

Mission Bay drive and Grand/Balboa is the same issue. The violators, ak law breakers were the ones making the biggest stink about the red light cameras. Pretty telling in my opinion.

Old 09-02-2016, 01:28 AM

4,294 posts, read 4,428,020 times
What do people have against putting the their turn signal on before changing lines ? Someone told me it is done so cars won't speed up to block them from entering their lane. Is this true ?

Old 09-02-2016, 07:11 AM

919 posts, read 789,744 times
I'm sure in part it is goes along with the "me first" attitude. It's also just that no one ever gets a ticket for failure to signal. Where I grew up, in NJ, you would get pulled over for that.

What is also bad is at the many stop signs around here people will turn right or left without a signal. I'll start going straight ahead and the guy opposite me turns left in front of me!! It's a big reason why you see all four people looking at each other at four way stops it's not necessarily being over polite it's that no one knows where anyone else is going!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego