Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2016, 11:37 AM

9,820 posts, read 11,536,738 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Encinitan View Post
I was there Saturday night, too. I didn't see what happened in the one small area of the fairgrounds, where thousands of fans leaving one stage converged on thousands more waiting in line to enter another concert. It was unfortunate for sure, but from what I heard from those who were there, it was hardly a "riot."
Kaaboo experienced some growing pains on Saturday, with a much-larger-than usual crowd. But Friday and Sunday and most of Saturday, actually, were great fun. I already bought my ticket for next year's Kaaboo.
That may be true, but anytime they us Pepper spray on a crowd, hell individuals is never good.
How was getting in and out of the venue on Saturday night?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2016, 12:08 PM

2,160 posts, read 5,850,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitman619 View Post
That may be true, but anytime they us Pepper spray on a crowd, hell individuals is never good.
How was getting in and out of the venue on Saturday night?
Agreed on the pepper spray, but from what I've seen reported and heard from those who were there, pepper spray was used on a few unruly people. Not a "crowd." So there's that. The whole "riot" lasted less than 10 minutes and the sheriff's clearly took no BS and got control before things got really ugly.
As for my experience on Saturday, I'm unique or at least unusual compared to the vast majority of Kaaboo attendees. I drove my car from Encinitas and parked my car around noon on a public street across from the Solana Gate entrance to the fairgrounds. I was not the only person who did this, as every day there were a half dozen or so others doing the same thing at the same time.
I then walked across Via de la Valle into the Solana Gate and walked about 10 minutes around the backside of the racetrack to enter the back gate of Kaaboo.
I do the same thing for the horse races. I never, I mean never, pay to park at the fairgrounds. It's a nightmare being stuck out on the driving range or dirt lot. I can see why it would take long to get out with 40,000+ people doing the exact same thing at the same time. That's why I don't bother with it.
When Aerosmith finished at about 9:45 pm, I walked the same route in reverse, got in my car and took the coast highway home. I was home by 10 pm.
Kaaboo is alright with me, mainly because I don't get drunk or out of control and I don't put myself in situations that are likely to cause drama.

Old 09-20-2016, 12:59 PM

9,820 posts, read 11,536,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Encinitan View Post
Agreed on the pepper spray, but from what I've seen reported and heard from those who were there, pepper spray was used on a few unruly people. Not a "crowd." So there's that. The whole "riot" lasted less than 10 minutes and the sheriff's clearly took no BS and got control before things got really ugly.
As for my experience on Saturday, I'm unique or at least unusual compared to the vast majority of Kaaboo attendees. I drove my car from Encinitas and parked my car around noon on a public street across from the Solana Gate entrance to the fairgrounds. I was not the only person who did this, as every day there were a half dozen or so others doing the same thing at the same time.
I then walked across Via de la Valle into the Solana Gate and walked about 10 minutes around the backside of the racetrack to enter the back gate of Kaaboo.
I do the same thing for the horse races. I never, I mean never, pay to park at the fairgrounds. It's a nightmare being stuck out on the driving range or dirt lot. I can see why it would take long to get out with 40,000+ people doing the exact same thing at the same time. That's why I don't bother with it.
When Aerosmith finished at about 9:45 pm, I walked the same route in reverse, got in my car and took the coast highway home. I was home by 10 pm.
Kaaboo is alright with me, mainly because I don't get drunk or out of control and I don't put myself in situations that are likely to cause drama.
Niceeeeeeee!
I herd Areosmith killed it!
My Friends that went said,They are not ruling out going next year they just think, "the promoters need to hire more people to empty the trash cans and traffic controllers".

Old 09-20-2016, 01:16 PM

2,160 posts, read 5,850,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitman619 View Post
Niceeeeeeee!
I herd Areosmith killed it!
My Friends that went said,They are not ruling out going next year they just think, "the promoters need to hire more people to empty the trash cans and traffic controllers".
Aerosmith was cool. Not the band I went to see, but they were fun. Sounded great for being 70 years old.
I've been all 6 days the last two years and had a blast. I used to go to Street Scene and miss the big music festivals after that one died. Kaaboo is definitely on the right track and I think they'll get it all sorted out for next year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego