Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2016, 05:35 PM

1,082 posts, read 832,554 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by trs27 View Post
Air quality has been bad almost all of summer. It's supposed to cool off for a few days, then another blast of dry, hot offshore flow winds, followed by another round of muggy weather and maybe even more rain by the end of Sep. And keep in mind that the last la niña WAS during the 2007-2008 fire season!
Yep, I remember. Ah, La Nina....or maybe just weather patterns that have happened for 1000s of years? nevermind....don't wanna open THAT can of s*** worms. Back on topic....humidity....and REALLY good surf
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2016, 06:27 PM

Location: San Diego via Orange County via Toronto via Rome Italy
390 posts, read 794,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBslider001 View Post
Yep, I remember. Ah, La Nina....or maybe just weather patterns that have happened for 1000s of years? nevermind....don't wanna open THAT can of s*** worms. Back on topic....humidity....and REALLY good surf
I think we can close that can . . .the first known reference to "El Nino" was in the 1890's, from Peruvian fishermen . . .so, safe to say El Nino/La Nina ARE basic patterns that have been around for a while . . .

Now . . .is climate change making the El Nino/La Nina cycle more frequent or extreme? Dang . . sound of can opening . . .back to good-surf talk QUICK . .

Old 09-22-2016, 12:24 PM

3,545 posts, read 6,029,485 times
Quote:
Well, yeah, La nina and el nino *have* happened for 1,000s of years. They're natural processes and fluctuations that influence the weather patterns. We just have the science and technology to properly measure and identify them more recently. Nobody is saying either of those is caused by the "can of worms" you're pretending not to open (by deliberately making a snarky comment which attempts to do just that). Whether or not their frequency/strength/duration has been influenced by the "can of worms" is maybe more what you're going for? The phenomena themselves don't actually have anything to do with it. Nice try, though.

Last edited by Jenkay; 09-22-2016 at 12:46 PM..

Old 09-23-2016, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sschibuola View Post
I think we can close that can . . .the first known reference to "El Nino" was in the 1890's, from Peruvian fishermen . . .so, safe to say El Nino/La Nina ARE basic patterns that have been around for a while . . .

Now . . .is climate change making the El Nino/La Nina cycle more frequent or extreme? Dang . . sound of can opening . . .back to good-surf talk QUICK . .
hahahaha, this made me laugh. Thanks for that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenkay View Post
Well, yeah, La nina and el nino *have* happened for 1,000s of years. They're natural processes and fluctuations that influence the weather patterns. We just have the science and technology to properly measure and identify them more recently. Nobody is saying either of those is caused by the "can of worms" you're pretending not to open (by deliberately making a snarky comment which attempts to do just that). Whether or not their frequency/strength/duration has been influenced by the "can of worms" is maybe more what you're going for? The phenomena themselves don't actually have anything to do with it. Nice try, though.
Not at all snarky, just being humorous. Sorry you missed it, but thanks for proving my point. And yeah, I really DID NOT want to open it, so no sarcasm or snarkiness was present, but only assumed by you. Thanks again for your comment.

Old 09-24-2016, 09:30 AM

Quote:
hahahaha, this made me laugh. Thanks for that!

Not at all snarky, just being humorous. Sorry you missed it, but thanks for proving my point. And yeah, I really DID NOT want to open it, so no sarcasm or snarkiness was present, but only assumed by you. Thanks again for your comment.
Generally if people don't want to discuss something, or "open a can of worms", they don't deliberately and pointedly introduce it into a conversation. and I'm not sure how I "proved your point" when an objective reading of your post indicates that your point was that you think La Niña doesn't exist. If you're being humorous/making a joke/saying the opposite of what you mean for homorous effect, you might want to try enlisting a smilie or a "haha" because tone is impossible to read via plain text, and people tend to take things literally.

Old 09-25-2016, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenkay View Post
Generally if people don't want to discuss something, or "open a can of worms", they don't deliberately and pointedly introduce it into a conversation. and I'm not sure how I "proved your point" when an objective reading of your post indicates that your point was that you think La Niña doesn't exist. If you're being humorous/making a joke/saying the opposite of what you mean for homorous effect, you might want to try enlisting a smilie or a "haha" because tone is impossible to read via plain text, and people tend to take things literally.
Jesus Christ, this forum BS wears me out. You might want to try not assuming and maybe asking what I meant before getting preconceived ideas in your head about someone's agenda based on semantics you don't get. And for the record, I was referring to the proverbial can of worms regarding global warming and climate change, but you didn't know this because you assumed. A common mistake regarding youth in mind or soul.

Old 09-25-2016, 06:08 PM

50,242 posts, read 46,997,454 times
Anywayssssssssssssssssss......

I went from showers and overnight low 37 a few days ago in the Mts to freakin blazin hot down here The winds in the local mts are fierce, I heard a dead tree go down at 5am. Not something I want to repeat.

Old 09-25-2016, 08:49 PM

73 posts, read 56,662 times
Record Report

Well...It was HOT today!!
San Diego...91*
El Cajon...104**
Jamul...102*
Santee...103*
Chula Vista...93*
Alpine...101*
Ramona...101
Campo...106**

Old 09-26-2016, 06:52 AM

50,242 posts, read 46,997,454 times
Supposed to be hotter today.

Old 09-26-2016, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Supposed to be hotter today.
Predicted for today: 103 in North park, but only 96 in Escondido. Sign of a true Santa Ana when it's hotter at the coast than inland!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego