Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2016, 09:49 AM

8,390 posts, read 7,637,875 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by vieillecaque View Post
At first i will work directly at home i, will just need to be close to a post office to ship orders (won't be to difficult i guess ^^)

ucctgg i live at the "Provence Door" between lyon and marseille

i read that cost of living in SD is mostly the same than in Paris so it gives me an other point of comparison.

I continue to explore and combine all informations i gather and will ask you there for your opinion about precise area i will select
OK, I would recommend that you look at the following areas, where you *may* find apartments in your price range from time to time. However, as I mentioned yesterday, you'll probably need to go a little higher with your budget for these areas. I really think that $2000 a month or maybe a little more will be the entry point for a 2 bedroom in most of these areas, but I could be wrong. The schools are good overall in all of these areas, although you will want to research which schools are assigned to the apartments you look at, as there can be variations within neighborhoods as to school quality:

University City
Tierrasanta
East Chula Vista (the areas will be called Otay Ranch, East Lake -- east of the 805)
Mira Mesa
Clairemont Mesa
Kearny Mesa
Rancho San Diego
La Mesa
Allied Gardens
Santee
Poway
Rancho Bernardo
Rancho Penasquitos
Ramona
San Marcos
Point Loma
Bonita
Scripps Ranch
Lakeside
Alpine
Mission Valley (not sure about the schools)

The next thing I would suggest you do is go to the website Zillow.com and do a search for each of these names, using your budget as a filter. That will show you what types of apartments might be available in these areas. If you don't find much, do a search for San Diego County and see what turns up in your price range and where. Zillow will show you the results on a map. Then, come back here and ask about the different areas where you find apartments in your price range.

I would also suggest that if you will be working from home, you may also want to look at two areas called Temecula and Murietta. These are not in San Diego County, but just over the border in Riverside County north of San Diego County. They are usually a little less expensive then San Diego County, and many people do commute to jobs in San Diego County from them. However, it would be a long commute to certain parts of San Diego (an hour or more). But, perhaps a place to start if you need to keep expenses lower, then move to San Diego once you have a larger budget to work with. These are nice, family oriented communities, but I am not sure you will find two bedrooms in the price range you mentioned. Still, worth a look.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2016, 09:53 AM

8 posts, read 6,173 times
Thank you so much for your help !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego