Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2017, 11:53 AM

50,277 posts, read 47,032,885 times

Advertisements

It's absolutely hammering rain down there right now. We had to pull over it was so bad. WOW.

Old 01-21-2017, 12:00 PM

2,411 posts, read 1,975,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanG05200 View Post
And what is with the "Pussyhats"? Was this something derived by America's craft stores to reduce their inventory of pink yarn? I mean they look kinda weird and from what I see serve no real purpose. *shrug*

When I was a baby (lo too many years ago) my mother knitted me what were then called 'soakers' - looked exactly the same as these 'pussyhats' but they weren't completely stitched up the sides so baby legs could be put through the holes and keep the sopping diaper streams from leaking out. I find it highly amusing to see these now put on the heads of taller, presumably already toilet trained beings, and called what they are.

But I see that 1AngryTaxPayer says it is pouring rain today so perhaps they will serve a similar purpose after all!

Old 01-21-2017, 01:02 PM

84 posts, read 88,215 times
So thankful that we live in a community and country that allows individual and consolidated expression.

Old 01-21-2017, 01:13 PM

1,722 posts, read 1,742,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dipr View Post
i read about this march before.

i looked up their interests.

it is a strange combination of abortion rights people, illegal aliens, gays and muslims.

you can see their message is going to be mixed, lol
I'm politely yelling:

WOMENS RIGHTS
HUMAN RIGHTS
CIVIL RIGHTS
EARTH RIGHTS (stop raping the planet! do you not care about your childrens future? your grandchildrens future. And on down the line ... that's your line ... your family in future generations. don't you care about their quality of life? don't you want them to breathe clean air and have clean water to drink? don't you want them to live on a planet that is not decimated because of greed?!)

No mixed messages. A diverse body of people who may have different priorities but who collectively share the desire for the fair and just treatment of ALL

Old 01-21-2017, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Most people pay little attention to any of these marches. The marches are always pushing an agenda. as long as they stay calm and do not turn into riots, let the march all they want. Within a day or so no one will remember or care. I do think they serve absolutely no purpose.
I believe that you are wrong. Trump has pushed it too far. These rallies / marches are the beginning of a groundswell of people all over the country (and the world!) who will not pretend that what trump is doing is o.k.. This is not "business as usual". This is an entirely different scenario the likes of which we have never seen in this country. Ever. Not like this. This is almost (or perhaps is) a coup d'état. A different kind of coup d'état but it looks like that to me. One has to see into this and not be fooled. Too many people have been fooled by this guy. He's a bad one. Mark my words. I'll be glad to be proven wrong but i don't think that's going to happen.

This is just the beginning of something like a revolution. A revolt against greed and power.
And the Republicans in congress who are gonna go along with trump are betraying their oath and are putting their own desire for power above the interest of the people and the country. Not patriotic.

Even people who voted for trump are waking up to the fact that he is not who he pretends to be (well, other than being an absolute vulgar idiot and a puppet / tool for ___?____ > stay tuned) and that he's potentially a very dangerous person. To not see this is to not see.

I'm rarely anywhere with a t.v. but i'm watching one now and i'm seeing the beginning of what might turn out to be a movement similar (in some ways) to the counter-cultural revolution of the 60's and early 70's. Different scenarios but a similar fiery awakening of people who are insightful and intelligent enough to see through the b.s. and fight against it. It's whether the fire will stay stoked.

For you to arrogantly dismiss the rallies and marches is to not understand what is happening.

At some point though, you'll see. Hopefully. Or you'll go down with the last gasping, raging, fighting, thrashing beast of greed, misogyny, arrogance and ultimately fear who is in his final death throes. Trump is a manifestation of the very worst of this patriarchal paradigm. The very worst. I could say that he is an instrument of evil. We'll watch and see.

Too be a woman (well, to be anyone but especially to be a woman) and to, for example, think it's o.k. that a man boasts about his predatory behavior, grabbing women's crotches, etc., etc. is baffling to me. Care to ... dare to ... she some light?

Old 01-22-2017, 08:10 AM

919 posts, read 789,744 times
very well said blueskywalker. And the loquacious few right wingers here on the San Diego board look pretty silly with their comments leading up to yesterday:

"They can march all they want in the D.C area next Saturday. No one is going to notice"
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvSouthOC View Post
Quote:
ALL seven continents.

I hope the weather in Antarctica is favorable.
http://tinyurl.com/j9jfvqw

Old 01-22-2017, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mauialoha View Post
very well said blueskywalker. And the loquacious few right wingers here on the San Diego board look pretty silly with their comments leading up to yesterday:

"They can march all they want in the D.C area next Saturday. No one is going to notice"

You should see the political forum re; the rallies and marches. Beyond silly. Scary ignorant.

Old 01-22-2017, 11:41 AM

9,807 posts, read 11,140,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mauialoha View Post

Regarding the so-called right wingers, you do realize that President Trump is not a real Republican, right?

Old 01-22-2017, 11:51 AM

6,893 posts, read 8,934,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvSouthOC View Post
Regarding the so-called right wingers, you do realize that President Trump is not a real Republican, right?
Not real, but he is Dicktator's Putin's Illegitimate Puppet ("not a puppet, not a puppet" --> hit a sore-spot chord there).
However he is for himself and has deal with the right wingers (pence-putin-ryan-mcconnell, etc) to push their extremist policies.
We can all line up and unite in support of the current suppression of the free press and alternative facts - the american way.

Old 01-22-2017, 12:53 PM

5,151 posts, read 4,528,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
All because Trump talked about a woman in "guy terms"?
You need to read up on your new Vice President.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
View detailed profiles of: