Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2017, 10:52 PM

10,312 posts, read 8,497,664 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by supercad55 View Post
Not only have i been to Atlanta, I was born in Atlanta and lived there for 18 years. Smh! People like you are the ones who move to Atlamta and say the a neighborhood is nice to only find out later that night a housing project is 1 blocks away. You'll probably be robbed within the first week with your attitude guy. You don't know anything about Atlanta. Right outside Atlanta you will find large redneck/ kkk areas you wouldn't know this because you didn't grow up there. You went out one weekend downtown Atlanta of all places where cops are everywhere and many colleges and business people go out. Little do you know. Please don't set this family up with your nonsense and one weekend visit.
Well you must be remembering Atlanta from a while ago, if you ever lived here. Why don't you come back and see how different it is before you make silly statements. I've been here for a year and a half and one of my hobbies is real eastate and exploring. I go out every weekend and explore and look at neighborhoods. People like me know the Area better than someone like you who I find it hard to believe ever lived here based on your incorrect statements.
If you really knew what you were talking about you would know the areas the op asked about aren't even in Atlanta, so I doubt you've ever lived here. Did you even look on the map to see where johns creek is. I ask you that because people in Atlanta know it's north of the perimeter, but evidently you don't, odd for someone who claims to have lived in Atlanta.

Guess what, with my attitude I haven't been robbed or looked at crossways yet. So you are wrong again.
I've also explored many of the small towns within a two hour radius. The kkk presence you allude to barely exists anymore.
If you're going to come to this forum and make statements, at least since you don't have any experience of living in the area, at least research things on the internet so people can't pick out so many holes in your statements. You really look like a fool repeating old stereotypes. Get yourself current.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2017, 11:53 PM

480 posts, read 415,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baycliff View Post
I'm looking for advice as to what place has the best outdoor life, great schools, cleaner air, health conscience people, and a fun active culture.

Thanks in advance for your feedback!
Ok. SD is great in terms of outdoor life, fitness crazy, and decent air but can't give you the exact air quality metric. Although I don't know how you will determine air quality without the necessary instruments, and the required engineering and math analysis. Perhaps a research facility would have the answer?

Atlanta is like Houston's twin in some aspects.. When I visited Atlanta, I vividly remember ordering an omlette at Atlanta airport and it was drenched in oil. The greasiest omelet I ever ate and also not a fan of chick fil A non sense. Now that's not health conscious but again I am sure there are health conscious restaurants in Atlanta. The traffic was horrible though. I would pick SD over Hotlanta any day.. but that's just me. I hate humid weather and so hotlanta is a no for me along with the 1950s attitude you may run into but that's perhaps in smaller Georgia towns.

Also, you may run into all the drama associated with real house wives of Atlanta. they frequently shoot their scenes at restaurants and there is lots of drama. Not sure if that's something you want to be exposed to in real life. SD has no house wives franchise which is a plus.

Also, CNN is in Atlanta. That's a major issue since they are not a good news channel. They constantly talk about the same things over and over again until you go mad. The best way to go crazy is to watch CNN. CNN needs to take a break from the maddening political coverage and focus on global issues or anything that's not related to politics. A news channel that analyzes a silly tweet for 1 hour with panelists. Embarrassing that this is happening in America.

Last edited by Opt_10; 03-29-2017 at 12:18 AM..

Old 03-29-2017, 08:53 AM

161 posts, read 404,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by opt_10 View Post
ok. Sd is great in terms of outdoor life, fitness crazy, and decent air but can't give you the exact air quality metric. Although i don't know how you will determine air quality without the necessary instruments, and the required engineering and math analysis. Perhaps a research facility would have the answer?

Atlanta is like houston's twin in some aspects.. When i visited atlanta, i vividly remember ordering an omlette at atlanta airport and it was drenched in oil. The greasiest omelet i ever ate and also not a fan of chick fil a non sense. Now that's not health conscious but again i am sure there are health conscious restaurants in atlanta. The traffic was horrible though. I would pick sd over hotlanta any day.. But that's just me. I hate humid weather and so hotlanta is a no for me along with

the 1950s attitude you may run into but that's perhaps in smaller georgia towns.
this attitude... hmmm.... where again??? OP is asking about the educated Northern burbs & metro ATL

You've judged a city by an omellette you had in an airport You've never had a bad meal in sd or elswhere??? We have tons of farmer's markets and Whole Foods too. This is a global city with excellent dining options from all reaches of the world.

try googling Dekalb Farmers Market or Buford Farmers Market for starters

Also, you may run into all the drama associated with real house wives of atlanta. They frequently shoot their scenes at restaurants and there is lots of drama. Not sure if that's something you want to be exposed to in real life. Sd has no house wives franchise which is a plus.

Have never run into the Housewives [/b]

Also, cnn is in atlanta. That's a major issue since they are not a good news channel. They constantly talk about the same things over and over again until you go mad. The best way to go crazy is to watch cnn. Cnn needs to take a break from the maddening political coverage and focus on global issues or anything that's not related to politics. A news channel that analyzes a silly tweet for 1 hour with panelists. Embarrassing that this is happening in america.

cnn is a global channel, seen everywhere, with a remote control in hand it's easy to turn off.

Old 03-29-2017, 01:27 PM

480 posts, read 415,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atlanta28 View Post
[/b]
Lol. You did not read my reply carefully. I just said the omelet was not good. As a warning sign to anyone who has a layover in Atlanta airport to avoid greasy breakfast. Nothing to do with the greater restaurant scene in Atlanta which I am sure is pretty good.

But beauty wise SD takes the cake. SD is eye candy. Hotlanta.. Just a bunch of high rises with perhaps nice trees, lakes, and an awful freeway system.

Old 06-19-2017, 10:08 PM

2 posts, read 1,593 times
Hi there! I lived in Atlanta TWICE. I'm originally from the Bay Area (California, born and raised). I loved Atlanta. Didn't love those flying cockroaches, though. They're not your traditional filth roaches. These are the size of my big toe AND live outside, but find a way to make it into your home. They come around summer and stay until it gets really cold. Atlanta also has a horrible traffic problem, so if you're living outside of Atlanta, but work downtown or midtown... Be prepared for traffic hell!! I suggest working near your home if you can. Also, if you're out towards the Alpharetta, Roswell area, you can possibly get a job in Buckhead, but then you'll have to deal with 400 which is hell as well. Besides good jobs usually not within the suburban areas, thus you'll have the commute from hell, the upside is in most areas within the Atlanta proper, there's everything you need, i.e., shopping, food, entertainment, etc., which means you NEVER had to even go towards downtown or midtown because most of the neighborhoods have all amenities that's needed. Anyhoo, enjoy your time there. It's a great place, full of life (sometimes TOO much life), and the cost of living is GREAT!!!

Old 06-19-2017, 10:12 PM

2 posts, read 1,593 times
LOL! I ran into TWO Atlanta Housewives while I lived there, and I was only there for 5 months. Hilarious! But I can imagine running into them filming. Don't forget Love and Hip Hop Atlanta. They too love to film in restaurants, etc. around the Atlanta area.

Old 07-28-2017, 04:34 PM

50,142 posts, read 46,785,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suiteladee View Post
Hi there! I lived in Atlanta TWICE. I'm originally from the Bay Area (California, born and raised). I loved Atlanta. Didn't love those flying cockroaches, though. They're not your traditional filth roaches. These are the size of my big toe AND live outside, but find a way to make it into your home. They come around summer and stay until it gets really cold. Atlanta also has a horrible traffic problem, so if you're living outside of Atlanta, but work downtown or midtown... Be prepared for traffic hell!! I suggest working near your home if you can. Also, if you're out towards the Alpharetta, Roswell area, you can possibly get a job in Buckhead, but then you'll have to deal with 400 which is hell as well. Besides good jobs usually not within the suburban areas, thus you'll have the commute from hell, the upside is in most areas within the Atlanta proper, there's everything you need, i.e., shopping, food, entertainment, etc., which means you NEVER had to even go towards downtown or midtown because most of the neighborhoods have all amenities that's needed. Anyhoo, enjoy your time there. It's a great place, full of life (sometimes TOO much life), and the cost of living is GREAT!!!
Those giant roaches are all over SD this summer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego