Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2017, 12:46 PM

50,289 posts, read 47,043,365 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnojr View Post
You can carry on your property or business. Mind you, we do need CCW issuance reform!
A lot of it is appearance too. CA is so anti-gun customers would freak. In say, Phoenix, that would never happen as open carry is everywhere. Even grocery stores.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2017, 01:20 PM

3,285 posts, read 2,663,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
A lot of it is appearance too. CA is so anti-gun customers would freak. In say, Phoenix, that would never happen as open carry is everywhere. Even grocery stores.
I'm nearly 100% certain you can legally carry concealed on your own property / business. If I ran any kind of business that was open to the public, handling cash / valuables, around late at night, etc. I just would, regardless. Plus, in San Diego, those are the factors that are more likely to get you a CCW issued. It's far from certain, and ultimately up to the vagaries of whomever is handling your application, but those are the things SDSO wants to see.

Old 03-02-2017, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnojr View Post
I'm nearly 100% certain you can legally carry concealed on your own property / business. If I ran any kind of business that was open to the public, handling cash / valuables, around late at night, etc. I just would, regardless. Plus, in San Diego, those are the factors that are more likely to get you a CCW issued. It's far from certain, and ultimately up to the vagaries of whomever is handling your application, but those are the things SDSO wants to see.
On your own yes, many of these getting hit are franchises and these dirt bags know it. As long as Gore is issuing I won't see another. I let mine lapse many many years ago because I quit hauling big amounts of cash to the bank.

Old 03-02-2017, 07:19 PM

919 posts, read 789,856 times
Seems to me that people who like guns always think the crime rate has increased - facts be damned. Thanks, suburbanite for the stats,
Dave

Old 03-03-2017, 09:31 AM

Someone is confusing crime rate and violent crime rate, maybe deliberately.

But ya, thanks suburbanite.

http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/...226-story.html

But in 2016, when San Diego saw the highest homicide total in nearly a decade, and the county Sheriff’s Department handled more homicide cases than it has in two decades, July wasn’t the deadliest month.

That was October, with 14 murders.

Old 03-03-2017, 09:37 AM

9,824 posts, read 11,548,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Someone is confusing crime rate and violent crime rate, maybe deliberately.

But ya, thanks suburbanite.

Murders increase third year in a row, confounding police - The San Diego Union-Tribune

But in 2016, when San Diego saw the highest homicide total in nearly a decade, and the county Sheriff’s Department handled more homicide cases than it has in two decades, July wasn’t the deadliest month.

That was October, with 14 murders.
uh oh!

Old 03-03-2017, 11:06 AM

9,527 posts, read 30,477,668 times
I always like to say, CA has a low crime rate but a high rate of "WTF" crimes. If it's a shooting spree, carjacking, horrible thing done to children, it's always CA (usually LA area), TX or FL

Old 03-03-2017, 12:47 PM

1,447 posts, read 1,570,303 times
I agree CCW reform is needed to allow more law abiding gun owners to carry concealed. Even Point Loma and OB have become more violent and dangerous with mentally unstable violent homeless scum and tweaker meth heads around. That is why you see way more cops now in PL and OB compared to the past.

Old 03-03-2017, 01:07 PM

9,824 posts, read 11,548,625 times
All i Know is that someone is either getting shot, Robbed, stabbed are beaten to a pulp daily, And if it not that, some pedestrian is getting ran over by some drunk driver.
Don't get me wrong this still a great place to live but i would like to see some of this stuff disappear for a bit.
I have not watched the news lately in hopes in all goes away.

Old 03-03-2017, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitman619 View Post
All i Know is that someone is either getting shot, Robbed, stabbed are beaten to a pulp daily, And if it not that, some pedestrian is getting ran over by some drunk driver.
Don't get me wrong this still a great place to live but i would like to see some of this stuff disappear for a bit.
I have not watched the news lately in hopes in all goes away.
But, if you put on your rose colored lens you can plainly see that trespassing, stealing candy and smoking in public are down

Disarm the population and darnit, the thugs figured that part out fast.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
View detailed profiles of: