Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2017, 09:45 AM

6,893 posts, read 8,929,483 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitman619 View Post
I agree with everything you said but this.
Most if not all of the people arrested are 2nd 3rd even 4th generation US Citizens.
I am likely to get shot by my fellow American than i am by an illegal alien, cold hard fact.
The "I might be killed by an Illegal alien/Muslim" argument holds no water as most Terror attacks have been from American Born Citizens.
But I agree with you 100% on the Gun Issues. Taking away peoples guns is definitely not the Answer.
they may say you are living in an alternative universe, but we should abide by the second amendment and well regulate the militia as it is said somewhere
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2017, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
?
related, what's your view on the lead bullets?

Old 03-09-2017, 10:34 AM

50,239 posts, read 46,997,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloom View Post
related, what's your view on the lead bullets?
Fine for everything but waterfowl (dabblers)which can actually ingest pellets in shallow water mistaking it for food. Ridiculous on big game as I've never seen a projectile remain in an animal. There are more lead weights still falling off of car wheels than lead projectiles could ever add to it. Nothing else comes close for target shooting/hunting as far as price, density and ballistic coefficient. For example, I shoot a certain caliber and lead core is 20 a box. The non-lead replacement is 89 bucks plus tax.

Old 03-09-2017, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitman619 View Post
I agree with everything you said but this.
Most if not all of the people arrested are 2nd 3rd even 4th generation US Citizens.
I am likely to get shot by my fellow American than i am by an illegal alien, cold hard fact.
The "I might be killed by an Illegal alien/Muslim" argument holds no water as most Terror attacks have been from American Born Citizens.
But I agree with you 100% on the Gun Issues. Taking away peoples guns is definitely not the Answer.
The tongue in cheek sarcasm meter was off.

I would hope most would be America otherwise we'd have a real mess on our hands. But, there is some irony here that is the chicken or the egg. If someone wasn't allowed to stay here illegally from say, 1984, they couldn't possibly have kids that are gang bangers.

Old 03-09-2017, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Fine for everything but waterfowl (dabblers)which can actually ingest pellets in shallow water mistaking it for food. Ridiculous on big game as I've never seen a projectile remain in an animal. There are more lead weights still falling off of car wheels than lead projectiles could ever add to it. Nothing else comes close for target shooting/hunting as far as price, density and ballistic coefficient. For example, I shoot a certain caliber and lead core is 20 a box. The non-lead replacement is 89 bucks plus tax.
I didn't understand what you meant reg. the big game animals; can you re-state?
What are the specific lead components falling off of car wheels?
Would the lead bullet lugs leach in to environment more significantly than bulky car parts, or not, if you know?

Old 03-09-2017, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloom View Post
I didn't understand what you meant reg. the big game animals; can you re-state?
What are the specific lead components falling off of car wheels?
Would the lead bullet lugs leach in to environment more significantly than bulky car parts, or not, if you know?

when I ride to work I'll pick up wheel weights and depending on how old they are can be a variety of metals. Lead being one of them. I load cast boolits so finding a free source of lead is a plus. Everything else I can sell to the recycling plant. Half of San Diego used to be live fire ranges with different types of projectiles being fired. I'd be more worried about these projectiles entering the ground water before anything at an outdoor gun range (S Bay rod and gun) that recycles as much of their expensive lead as possible.

You cannot legally hunt big game with FMJ type projectiles even if it has a lead core. That is why replacement lead free bullets are so expensive. Modern high powered rifles are so powerful the bullet just zips through the target. A condor cannot eat a lead projectile unless it actually stays within the animal. They almost consistently do not. Waterfowl shot yes, but not big game ammo.

Old 03-15-2017, 11:18 PM

300 posts, read 329,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarciaMarshaMarcia View Post
Yep, Vista Home Boys & other North County gangs have been at it for years, doing their thing...the so-called "gang injunctions" mean nothing. I was called a liar on this forum several years back when I stated how serious the gang situation in North SD Co. is, because yeah, it's so safe there!

Unfortunately, LE will never be able to completely dismantle VHB & the other gangs...they've been around too long, have deep roots, are multi-generational, & get a lot of support & respect, and, if not that, many who are aware of them choose to look the other way.

Hey, Think4Yourself, where you at?? Have you moved to Vista yet?
Hahahahah...I forgot about Think4Yourself! That one was a special case!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego