Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2017, 12:00 PM

3,285 posts, read 2,662,521 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by msgsing View Post
Exactly. Living in a condo here. Poop deposited in the middle of the sidewalk creating a nice little surprise if you're walking at night. For that reason I carry a flashlight walking in the evening. People treat their pets like little three year old children. Say something to them and they're likely go ballistic on you.
Usually because someone who "says something" is a vicious, hateful little toad who's unhappy that the world doesn't revolve around them.

Dogs can be out in public. Yes, some owners are inconsiderate. But you don't get to blame me for having stepped in dog poop once. Not my fault, and I don't want to hear it from you. Go bother whomever actually caused the problem.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2017, 12:08 PM

6,675 posts, read 4,277,252 times
The problem is that many people have no common courtesy or sense and think rules don't apply to them. That's why you see a-holes not picking up after their digs and taking their pets into grocery stores. If you dare say something to them, you're the problem not them.

Old 03-19-2017, 12:16 PM

1,873 posts, read 2,407,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartanacus View Post
Dogs have to go somewhere. Yes, owners should definitely pick up any poop, and try to make sure their dogs pee or poo on grass (or at least not concrete). Yes, I realize urine may harm grass, but what the hell is a dog owner supposed to do while walking a dog? Bring a water bottle with them now and rinse off the 20 different little areas of urine that dogs will do on a normal walk?

I don't mind signs saying "Please pick up after your dog." But signs not allowing a dog to step foot on their grass irritate me to no end.

Get a grip dog haters.
We've had dogs for almost 40 years and I'm a dog lover and I think you're being a little short sighted, no wonder some homeowners (rightly) think dog owners are inconsiderate. I think homeowners have every right to object to someone else's dog going in their yard.

I always gave our dogs time to go in our yard before we went for a walk whether that took a minute or ten, our purpose was walking, not to give the dog a chance to pee or poop. We always took a plastic bag with us, but rarely needed it. And the only peeing they might do was marking, which is very low volume but we usually didn't stop and let them pee. If they really have to pee again, they can when we get home again.

Old 03-19-2017, 12:59 PM

4,294 posts, read 4,428,020 times
Quote:
Okay, here I go as the first dissenting opining...

First off...RAT POISON? Don't be an a-hole. Plus, that will land you in jail in no time.
Good Point.

I don't want to hurt dogs or the owners. I just want my clean space without having to worry about tracking urine and feces into my house.

I like animals ( LOVE CATS ) but I DON'T OWN A DOG. Therefore I shouldn't have to deal with bodily movements. That's part of the dog owners commitment to having a little sweetheart to cuddle and love....NOT MINE.

The ammonia on the rags sound interesting but I assume the rags will dry up. Does ammonia ruin cement ? Maybe I can put some in a spray bottle and spritz the area ?

My gripe is not the dogs, it is the owners. Like yesterday I wasn't supposed to get angry about the urine..."Just hose it down ? " So I am supposed to let someone else's dog urinate on my walkway then make it a point to set time out of my day to clean up after it.....and if I don't agree I am a bad person and get attitude from the owner and maybe into a physical altercation ? I don't see it.

Old 03-20-2017, 08:49 AM

3,285 posts, read 2,662,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CNYC View Post
Like yesterday I wasn't supposed to get angry about the urine..."Just hose it down ? " So I am supposed to let someone else's dog urinate on my walkway then make it a point to set time out of my day to clean up after it.....and if I don't agree I am a bad person and get attitude from the owner and maybe into a physical altercation ? I don't see it.
What good does "getting angry" do? What was the dog's owner supposed to do?

Look, my dog decides when and where she goes. Almost all the time, it's on grass or dirt, because that's how dogs roll. Every once in a while, they decide they just have to pee on a sidewalk or other "inappropriate" place. It happens. What am I supposed to do, take off my shirt and sponge it up? A cup of water quickly solves your problem. But if you let it eat at you, then it will eat at you.

“Lord, grant me the strength to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.”

Old 03-20-2017, 08:58 AM

1,052 posts, read 798,573 times
Quote:
Dogs have to go somewhere. Yes, owners should definitely pick up any poop, and try to make sure their dogs pee or poo on grass (or at least not concrete). Yes, I realize urine may harm grass, but what the hell is a dog owner supposed to do while walking a dog? Bring a water bottle with them now and rinse off the 20 different little areas of urine that dogs will do on a normal walk?

I don't mind signs saying "Please pick up after your dog." But signs not allowing a dog to step foot on their grass irritate me to no end.

Get a grip dog haters.
Seriously? Make sure that they foul someone's lawn and say you're "irritated" if they suggest you don't? That's twisted.

The law is very clear on this issue for sanitary reasons.

County of San Diego - Animal Services

"Animal owners are required to keep their animal premises sanitary and free from any fly breeding reservoir, offensive odors, and human or animal disease (SDCC Section 62.668[d]). It is a public offense for any person to allow a dog in his or her custody to defecate or to urinate on any property other than that of the owner or person having control of the dog. Persons having control of a dog are required to restrain or control the animal so that it urinates or defecates only in the street gutters, and to immediately remove any feces to a proper receptacle (SDCC Section 62.670)."

If you catch someone allowing their dog to 'go' on your property, take a picture and report them to the proper authorities. I believe the fine is $500 or $1000.

Old 03-20-2017, 09:09 AM

332 posts, read 632,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sprez33 View Post
Seriously? Make sure that they foul someone's lawn and say you're "irritated" if they suggest you don't? That's twisted.

The law is very clear on this issue for sanitary reasons.

County of San Diego - Animal Services

"Animal owners are required to keep their animal premises sanitary and free from any fly breeding reservoir, offensive odors, and human or animal disease (SDCC Section 62.668[d]). It is a public offense for any person to allow a dog in his or her custody to defecate or to urinate on any property other than that of the owner or person having control of the dog. Persons having control of a dog are required to restrain or control the animal so that it urinates or defecates only in the street gutters, and to immediately remove any feces to a proper receptacle (SDCC Section 62.670)."

If you catch someone allowing their dog to 'go' on your property, take a picture and report them to the proper authorities. I believe the fine is $500 or $1000.
Wow, that's a new one. "Here sweetie...come pee and poo in the gutter so it goes right to the beach."

Old 03-20-2017, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Wow, that's a new one. "Here sweetie...come pee and poo in the gutter so it goes right to the beach."
Curbing your dog has been the standard in animal sanitary behavior since I was a kid (decades ago) so its surprising that it's new to anyone. I've heard (weak) objections before to following the law because curbing your dog will lead to feces/urine flowing into the ocean.

First of all, as per the law the the poo gets picked up and disposed of properly. So perhaps some urine flows to the ocean where billions of marine animals are excreting their wastes. And by the way, where do you suppose the waste from your toilet goes after a bit of processeng? That's right, it's pumped right into the ocean.

Please dog owners, do the right (and legal) thing and curb your dog!!!

Old 03-20-2017, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnojr View Post
What good does "getting angry" do? What was the dog's owner supposed to do?

Look, my dog decides when and where she goes. Almost all the time, it's on grass or dirt, because that's how dogs roll. Every once in a while, they decide they just have to pee on a sidewalk or other "inappropriate" place. It happens. What am I supposed to do, take off my shirt and sponge it up? A cup of water quickly solves your problem. But if you let it eat at you, then it will eat at you.

“Lord, grant me the strength to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.”
With all due respect, you don't sound responsible enough to be a dog owner.

Old 03-20-2017, 07:38 PM

22,661 posts, read 24,594,911 times
OH man, don't get me started on Poopeaterivores and their nasty, selfish,
ultra-entitled Owners.

San Diego has numerous laws on the books with regards to these nasty,
potentially-dangerous, smelly, dimwitted animals. Are those laws obeyed by the Owners, is there ever ANY punishment for the Owners who break these laws?!?!?!?!?!?!? Few and far between!!!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
View detailed profiles of: