Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2017, 08:45 AM

18,172 posts, read 16,384,702 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitman619 View Post
This^^^^^
Disagreement with Rosie in 3,2,1
Most of these Raids are for show only(The Wire T.V. show anyone)
They Usual charge one or two people with Serious crimes everyone is either, warrants or gang injunction Bu!!$
It's all for show with no real solution at the end of the day. If they want to REALLY want to get rid of Gangs, bring back the Summer Jobs programs that we had in the late 70's early 80's
This is a never ending problem as the gang members are mainly citizens now as their families at one time were illegal and the children born were then US citizens. Several generations have grown up now and .... became gang members if their neighborhood had gangs. Can't get rid of them now.

Quote:
Show me a safe place with an Ocean nearby and affordable housing and I'm there.
ill wait for your response
East/West Central or North East FL. Even many places in NC

Quote:
You're right, it is not, but it does happen in big cities. San Diego may feel small but by all accounts we're a pretty big city.
And with LOTS of gangs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2017, 09:38 AM

50,241 posts, read 46,997,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
This is a never ending problem as the gang members are mainly citizens now as their families at one time were illegal and the children born were then US citizens. Several generations have grown up now and .... became gang members if their neighborhood had gangs. Can't get rid of them now.

And with LOTS of gangs.
Ya, I'd like to see the status of their parents. The whole, chicken or the egg thing. Can't have lil gang bangers if their parents were deported before they had kids.

Old 05-04-2017, 04:30 PM

9,821 posts, read 11,536,738 times
Quote:
Hispanics aren't not the only gang members.
Quote:
Nice response as NE florida has some nice weather and homes. To bad me you are here stuck in this gang, drug infested San Diego Califorina

Old 05-04-2017, 11:37 PM

5,291 posts, read 12,734,363 times
Quote:

And with LOTS of gangs.
Boy, for someone who doesn't even live in SD, you sure act like an expert on what it's like to live here.

There were 101 murders in all of SD County (Up from 84 the year before) last year. If we assume that half of them were gang-related, how bad do you think our gang problem really is?

Regional crime rate dips 4 percent to 2nd-lowest level since 1980 - The San Diego Union-Tribune

Old 05-05-2017, 06:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdurbanite View Post
Boy, for someone who doesn't even live in SD, you sure act like an expert on what it's like to live here.

There were 101 murders in all of SD County (Up from 84 the year before) last year. If we assume that half of them were gang-related, how bad do you think our gang problem really is?

Regional crime rate dips 4 percent to 2nd-lowest level since 1980 - The San Diego Union-Tribune
I have lived in SD County twice and for a total of 12 years. I am familiar with the County. Born and raised in SoCal. Next, I have been considering moving back, have visited twice lately and have checked out a lot of facts about the area. The gang problem is bad and it isn't just murders, which are bad at any time.

Old 05-05-2017, 06:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitman619 View Post
Hispanics aren't not the only gang members.
Nice response as NE florida has some nice weather and homes. To bad me you are here stuck in this gang, drug infested San Diego Califorina
Correct as it includes Samoans, Blacks, Asians and ... even whites. The majority seem to be Hispanic in SD County but with the closeness to the border and the Hispanic Population in CA this is only to be expected. Note, I do not live in SD right now though I have been considering moving back (for the 3rd time there).

Old 05-05-2017, 11:57 PM

5,291 posts, read 12,734,363 times
Quote:
I have lived in SD County twice and for a total of 12 years. I am familiar with the County. Born and raised in SoCal. Next, I have been considering moving back, have visited twice lately and have checked out a lot of facts about the area. The gang problem is bad and it isn't just murders, which are bad at any time.
So after all of your rantings about how horrible California is in regards to cost of living, overcrowding, and perceived gang issues, you're thinking about moving back? Don't do it. You'll need to work 3 jobs just to make ends meet and there are gang members hanging out on every corner. The quality of life here is horrible

Old 05-06-2017, 11:17 AM

15,128 posts, read 32,307,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdurbanite View Post
So after all of your rantings about how horrible California is in regards to cost of living, overcrowding, and perceived gang issues, you're thinking about moving back? Don't do it. You'll need to work 3 jobs just to make ends meet and there are gang members hanging out on every corner. The quality of life here is horrible
Definitely don't move here, you might be confronted by a gang member....... Just stay where you are now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego